• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kill Tony

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Brody Stevens. You got it. I was in the hangover. What you don't think I can come back from the dead? Arms crossed negative energy. I'm from the San Fernando Valley, 818 til I return! Enjoy it. I played baseball at Arizona. You got it! I should be getting laughs on cadence alone.

Seriously, I think Adam Ray could pull it off.
Hate to speak ill of the dead, but I was never a big SBS fan. He was just too much of a headache. But he apparently was absolutely loved by everyone at the Store, so maybe he just didn’t translate imho…

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to speak ill of the dead, but I was never a big SBS fan. He was just too much of a headache. But he apparently was absolutely loved by everyone at the Store, so maybe he just didn’t translate imho…
I wasn't a big fan while he was alive but at some point I guess I "got it" and now I like him. He was kind of like a commercial that got stuck in your head like "By Mennen".
But the great thing about him is he doesn't even have to be there to do Kill Tony. It could just be Redban hitting buttons.

*just to clarify, I'm not saying I like him better because he died, that's just how the timeline worked out for me. Because I never knew him personally, so he existed on youtube and the point I turned from non-fan to fan happened to be after he passed.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a big fan while he was alive but at some point I guess I "got it" and now I like him. He was kind of like a commercial that got stuck in your head like "By Mennen".
But the great thing about him is he doesn't even have to be there to do Kill Tony. It could just be Redban hitting buttons.

*just to clarify, I'm not saying I like him better because he died, that's just how the timeline worked out for me. Because I never knew him personally, so he existed on youtube and the point I turned from non-fan to fan happened to be after he passed.
I REALLY disliked him for the longest time. But to be fair, his big blow up with Tony actually eased my “hatred” towards him. That put a huge spotlight on just how damaged he was, and it was hard to hate a guy who was THAT sick.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite bad open mic comic?

Mine is a guy named GT. (he might have called himself GT Music, like he was a DJ or something). He's in a couple episodes and as Tony draws his name he even says he's a horrible comic. But he has this one bit where he's talking about getting a blowjob and the girl scratched him with her teeth. It's an awful joke that seems like it was written by a 10th grader. But he does it with such Commitment it made me laugh out loud. You literally believe that this happened and he is legitimately angry at the girl (who may not exist). I wish I could remember the episode number.

What era?
I found it. Episode 48. Last guy before the regulars. To set it up, they just finished a nice conversation with the foreign guy who is a brain researcher. Then this dude comes up, just angry aggressive, completely committed. At one point Shawn Halpin (whoever that is) disgustedly says "he got a laugh for that?". On a side note, because it was a blowjob joke he got a standing ovation from Redban.
It could be just me, but I laugh every time I see this one. Also, GT is in some other episodes and as bad as this is, and to quote William Montgomery, this is his best set. In another one he does a great dog impression. Needless to say, Tony hates him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite bad open mic comic?

Mine is a guy named GT. (he might have called himself GT Music, like he was a DJ or something). He's in a couple episodes and as Tony draws his name he even says he's a horrible comic. But he has this one bit where he's talking about getting a blowjob and the girl scratched him with her teeth. It's an awful joke that seems like it was written by a 10th grader. But he does it with such Commitment it made me laugh out loud. You literally believe that this happened and he is legitimately angry at the girl (who may not exist). I wish I could remember the episode number.

I found it. Episode 48. Last guy before the regulars. To set it up, they just finished a nice conversation with the foreign guy who is a brain researcher. Then this dude comes up, just angry aggressive, completely committed. At one point Shawn Halpin (whoever that is) disgustedly says "he got a laugh for that?". On a side note, because it was a blowjob joke he got a standing ovation from Redban.
It could be just me, but I laugh every time I see this one. Also, GT is in some other episodes and as bad as this is, and to quote William Montgomery, this is his best set. In another one he does a great dog impression. Needless to say, Tony hates him.
I loved that German scientist guy. He was only mildly funny, but it was fun in those early days seeing hobbyist comics get a lot of regular time on the show. I much preferred when there were only a dozen or so names in the bucket. The pulls became almost like regulars themselves.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I think Adam Ray could pull it off.
I have been thinking about this today (I have been watching Tony on JRE). Adam Ray would kill doing this format. Which 100% eliminates him from getting the chance. Tony is a frail little bitch. No way he would would give Adam the vehicle to steal his show.

If Tony were to take a break, I think he would just put the show on hiatus for 6 months or whatever. He wouldn’t be able to let a competent host run it for an extended time.

Unless he decides to move on and he franchises the show out to someone while he still keeps partial ownership.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been thinking about this today (I have been watching Tony on JRE). Adam Ray would kill doing this format. Which 100% eliminates him from getting the chance. Tony is a frail little bitch. No way he would would give Adam the vehicle to steal his show.

If Tony were to take a break, I think he would just put the show on hiatus for 6 months or whatever. He wouldn’t be able to let a competent host run it for an extended time.

Unless he decides to move on and he franchises the show out to someone while he still keeps partial ownership.
Yeah no doubt, he'd be great. He's been one of the best guests in the history of the show. And every now and then he could take a break and get his buddy Dr. Phil to do an episode or 2.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear Mike White is actually Adam Ray

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to show the New Year's Eve show or was that just a pay per view event?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to show the New Year's Eve show or was that just a pay per view event?
This episode was recorded 12/19. Both NYE episodes will air, probably starting next week. The they dropped the 10 year as a bonus episode, so maybe they will do that for NYE as well…

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that Colton McNeely (the dude who kicked Jeremiah in the head) with the “stage crew” when they flashed over there?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that Colton McNeely (the dude who kicked Jeremiah in the head) with the “stage crew” when they flashed over there?
Yes, I saw that guy with the glasses too. That had to be him.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched #648 from New Year's Eve. Worst bucket pulls ever, but they salvaged it by actually having some "special treats". It was 3 hours long so I watched it over 2 days.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched #648 from New Year's Eve. Worst bucket pulls ever, but they salvaged it by actually having some "special treats". It was 3 hours long so I watched it over 2 days.
KT doesn’t translate that well to an arena setting. But you gotta figure they are getting paid BANK for filling those things, so as long as it continues to sell, it will continue to happen.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KT doesn’t translate that well to an arena setting. But you gotta figure they are getting paid BANK for filling those things, so as long as it continues to sell, it will continue to happen.
No doubt. For a 3 hour show they are actually pretty affordable to go to also. The one in Madison Square Garden has tickets for 45-50 bucks.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the Amazon series Jury Duty. At least 2 people from Kill Tony on there, Mekki Leeper and Kirk Fox. I couldn't have been on the show because there's no way I wouldn't have recognized Kirk Fox. Of course if I didn't watch Kill tony I'd never know who he was.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the Amazon series Jury Duty. At least 2 people from Kill Tony on there, Mekki Leeper and Kirk Fox. I couldn't have been on the show because there's no way I wouldn't have recognized Kirk Fox. Of course if I didn't watch Kill tony I'd never know who he was.
I checked that show specifically because I saw Fox was on it. I don’t remember Mekki Leeper, either from KT or Jury Duty.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I checked that show specifically because I saw Fox was on it. I don’t remember Mekki Leeper, either from KT or Jury Duty.
Mekki Leeper was on one of the older ones, around episode 200 maybe. He had a good set on KT. I just happened to watch it recently and then when I watched KT I looked at IMDB and the name stuck out.
Also saw an interview with James Marsden and he said that Kirk Fox was supposed to have a lot of funny lines and stuff but the dude that wasn't in on the ruse it said that he watched a show that Kirk had a recurring role on and they were afraid he'd recognize him so he had to fade into the background.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mekki Leeper was on one of the older ones, around episode 200 maybe. He had a good set on KT. I just happened to watch it recently and then when I watched KT I looked at IMDB and the name stuck out.
Also saw an interview with James Marsden and he said that Kirk Fox was supposed to have a lot of funny lines and stuff but the dude that wasn't in on the ruse it said that he watched a show that Kirk had a recurring role on and they were afraid he'd recognize him so he had to fade into the background.
You gotta be very careful with these types of shows. Natasha Leggero got her “start” on one of these shows as well. Iirc, it was a Bachelor-like show, where she played one of the main contenders.