• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kill Tony

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one hell of an episode. There wasn’t a bad bucket pull all night (maybe Karen Jones??). I am not a big Kam fan because I think his minutes are lacking, but he is dripping charisma, and that was in full effect last night. Hans had an OK minute, but his interviews are always very weak.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta be very careful with these types of shows. Natasha Leggero got her “start” on one of these shows as well. Iirc, it was a Bachelor-like show, where she played one of the main contenders.
Yeah beginning/wannabe comedians and actors are always looking for something to get started. You see them pop up in game shows as well.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one hell of an episode. There wasn’t a bad bucket pull all night (maybe Karen Jones??). I am not a big Kam fan because I think his minutes are lacking, but he is dripping charisma, and that was in full effect last night. Hans had an OK minute, but his interviews are always very weak.
Yes that was a good one. I think I like the "regular" episodes better. In other words, when it's just 2 or 3 comedians rather than tony living out his Wrestling promotion fantasies or getting UFC fighters or hip hop guys on the panel. -or having 6 guests on at one time

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ari proves, once again, what a disgusting excuse of a human being he really is. I can’t believe I saw that tonight. Just when I think I can’t actually hate him any more, he outdoes himself.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worthy of it’s own thread, and he has light ties to the show…

WTF happened to Nick Swardsen this weekend? Did he have a stroke? Was he just high as balls or drunk? Was he trolling the audience?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worthy of it’s own thread, and he has light ties to the show…

WTF happened to Nick Swardsen this weekend? Did he have a stroke? Was he just high as balls or drunk? Was he trolling the audience?
I just watched a video of it. That was weird. I wish I could see more for context. Also, at around the 1:24 mark, that guy that stands up reminds me of Tony Hinchcliffe.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also related to KT, I tried to watch David Lucas's 30 minute live set he dropped on Youtube. About 2 minutes in, he says "I been dating a lot of white bitches since I got to Austin" and I'm done. I think he's covered that topic from every angle possible over his time on Kill Tony. He seems like a nice guy but he needs some new material. As far as comics go, he's the definition of "OK".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also related to KT, I tried to watch David Lucas's 30 minute live set he dropped on Youtube. About 2 minutes in, he says "I been dating a lot of white bitches since I got to Austin" and I'm done. I think he's covered that topic from every angle possible over his time on Kill Tony. He seems like a nice guy but he needs some new material. As far as comics go, he's the definition of "OK".
I haven’t watched his special yet. I have only actually seen snippets of his non-KT stuff, and from what I have seen he is MUCH funnier away from KT than he is on KT.

Though I lost a lot respect for him when he caved during his cancelation. How could he have thought that was the right move?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t watched his special yet. I have only actually seen snippets of his non-KT stuff, and from what I have seen he is MUCH funnier away from KT than he is on KT.

Though I lost a lot respect for him when he caved during his cancelation. How could he have thought that was the right move?
I didn't even realize he had anything cancelled.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even realize he had anything cancelled.
He told some Floyd jokes that weren’t calling him the greatest person who ever personed, so he got a bunch of flack for it.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He told some Floyd jokes that weren’t calling him the greatest person who ever personed, so he got a bunch of flack for it.
Oh yeah I saw that. It looks like he got what he wanted-that video has way more views than any of his other ones. To be honest, the best line of that whole set came from the guy in the audience. When he told him to come up on stage and the guy said "ain't no room"

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good episode this week. Not a lot of good comics but Adam Ray and Tom Green were good. I gotta say that Insane Clown Posse guy was disturbing. All these years I knew of them but never really saw any of them. And I think the little taste I got last night might be enough for a lifetime.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good episode this week. Not a lot of good comics but Adam Ray and Tom Green were good. I gotta say that Insane Clown Posse guy was disturbing. All these years I knew of them but never really saw any of them. And I think the little taste I got last night might be enough for a lifetime.
The chick at the end was solid. As was Aldo Caldo. The blue lip dude was no joke on the sticks.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chick at the end was solid. As was Aldo Caldo. The blue lip dude was no joke on the sticks.
yeah Joelberg might have needed 2 or 3 dildos to beat that guy

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Joelberg might have needed 2 or 3 dildos to beat that guy
They really stacked the deck for Michael. He got a full light show assist.

Michael isn’t an improv drummer. He is solid as fuck, but he plays set pieces, not off the cuff.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really stacked the deck for Michael. He got a full light show assist.

Michael isn’t an improv drummer. He is solid as fuck, but he plays set pieces, not off the cuff.
Yeah I wonder if Michael ever decides to retire from the job or something if Tony and his sense of showbiz would allow him to come up with a scenario where the new drummer wins his job. It would obviously be tough because the fans are pretty much on board with making the incumbent drummer win every time.

BTW, if you want to see my favorite drumoff ever check out the end of episode 426 where Joel Jimenez goes against the drummer from Black Flag.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wonder if Michael ever decides to retire from the job or something if Tony and his sense of showbiz would allow him to come up with a scenario where the new drummer wins his job. It would obviously be tough because the fans are pretty much on board with making the incumbent drummer win every time.

BTW, if you want to see my favorite drumoff ever check out the end of episode 426 where Joel Jimenez goes against the drummer from Black Flag.
Iirc, didn’t they skip the vote entirely on that one? Makes sense since it was just a fun bit either way.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iirc, didn’t they skip the vote entirely on that one? Makes sense since it was just a fun bit either way.
No, they actually did a crowd vote and he won. He deserved it though. The drumming was close but Joel stood on a table and did a backflip onto the stage so I would have voted for him too.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dom looked a little shaky last night. Then again he's 75, which for a comedian is probably like 85 or 95 with all the late nights and whatnot.

On a side note, while last episode with Normand and Soder was just OK, I learned the word kayfabe, so there's that. ( I now know how to explain the fact that Vince McMahon ruined pro wrestling for me)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dom looked a little shaky last night. Then again he's 75, which for a comedian is probably like 85 or 95 with all the late nights and whatnot.

On a side note, while last episode with Normand and Soder was just OK, I learned the word kayfabe, so there's that. ( I now know how to explain the fact that Vince McMahon ruined pro wrestling for me)
Dom looked like he has Parkinson’s. I have never been a fan of his comedy, so I didn’t miss him from “contributing” last night, but as a human, it was sad to see his state. He did NOT look healthy.

Overall, last nights episode was below par. But I expected that when I saw the panel. 3 well-south-of-average guests did not bode well. But I actually loved their reaction to Casey. Voss had no idea what to make of that fool.

I liked that Holden went for that edgy joke. You gotta be careful going there, but it was actually a really good joke. Do you think Eleanor was aware of his history when she made the “dead dick” joke? If she did, that was an edgy joke, if a bit inappropriate to make about a kid. If she didn’t, than it was a very unfortunate slip.