• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kill Tony

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch? It is a YouTube show (probably available on other platforms as well) that is essentially a high profile open mic night. The host is Tony Hinchcliffe who developed the show when he worked at the Comedy Store in Hollywood, but now lives in Austin and hosts the show there.

One of the best shows going right now, IF you like stand up and you are able to find humor in very cringey bombing from comics.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few podcasts I try to listen to every week.

Several weeks behind at this point but god damn it's funny to watch Tony shit on people when they bomb.

The current regulars are all great. It's gotta be difficult to put together a new minute every week but damn Hans Kim doesn't disappoint.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few podcasts I try to listen to every week.

Several weeks behind at this point but god damn it's funny to watch Tony shit on people when they bomb.

The current regulars are all great. It's gotta be difficult to put together a new minute every week but damn Hans Kim doesn't disappoint.
I am watching the back episodes now. The current regulars are legit professional comics (not a huge fan of DL, but Hans and WM are great). The early regs were kinda cringe. Mostajabi was a slow motion train wreck. Watching that whole thing play out was actually pretty amazing. Patriot lasted a lot longer than I thought he would. But at least they acknowledged when he was kicked to the curb. When Mostajabi was fired, they just acted like she never existed.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching the back episodes now. The current regulars are legit professional comics (not a huge fan of DL, but Hans and WM are great). The early regs were kinda cringe. Mostajabi was a slow motion train wreck. Watching that whole thing play out was actually pretty amazing. Patriot lasted a lot longer than I thought he would. But at least they acknowledged when he was kicked to the curb. When Mostajabi was fired, they just acted like she never existed.
Well she doesn't anymore.

She died.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well she doesn't anymore.

She died.
Yeah. there is a lot of question surrounding how she died. Supposedly she had cancer, but there are also rumors she took herself out. Did KT acknowledge her when she died?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. there is a lot of question surrounding how she died. Supposedly she had cancer, but there are also rumors she took herself out. Did KT acknowledge her when she died?
I don't recall. I only started watching regularly like a year ago and only saw a handful of episodes before that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Cedrique lets not hijack that other thread anymore…

Tonights episode (White/Shore) had soooo many legit LOL moments. Quite possibly my fave ep ever. I audibly laughed at least 6 or 7 times. Hilarious.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tonights episode (White/Shore) had soooo many legit LOL moments. Quite possibly my fave ep ever. I audibly laughed at least 6 or 7 times. Hilarious.
Cool. I didn't realize this thread was here. I'll come back later when I finish watching. I paused to watch that awful Bills/Broncos game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to do with tonight’s episode…

In my full binge, I started at ep 1 and watched every episode in order (I listened to the half dozen or episodes that lost its video). I am currently at about 550.

How in the hell have I never heard of Ellis Aych? I have become somewhat of a historian on all the GT winners, band members and regulars (including the semi-regulars like Mikey McKernan and the triplets). As I watched, I knew Malcolm was coming up, even though he didn’t last long. I was aware of Hans, even if his EARLY Belly Room appearance surprised me. But Ellis was a complete shock. I must have started watching RIGHT after his departure. But the fact that his existence seems to be completely purged is puzzling. Even Mostajabi is at least acknowledged by the online community. Ellis has been mass-forgotten.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy shit, I skipped around some in this one and just saw IamX. I'm going to need to start all over and watch this from the beginning. This looks like an all time great episode.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to do with tonight’s episode…

In my full binge, I started at ep 1 and watched every episode in order (I listened to the half dozen or episodes that lost its video). I am currently at about 550.

How in the hell have I never heard of Ellis Aych? I have become somewhat of a historian on all the GT winners, band members and regulars (including the semi-regulars like Mikey McKernan and the triplets). As I watched, I knew Malcolm was coming up, even though he didn’t last long. I was aware of Hans, even if his EARLY Belly Room appearance surprised me. But Ellis was a complete shock. I must have started watching RIGHT after his departure. But the fact that his existence seems to be completely purged is puzzling. Even Mostajabi is at least acknowledged by the online community. Ellis has been mass-forgotten.
Yeah I don't think it was an abrupt thing, I think he just faded away. He is an aspiring actor so maybe he got some work. He consistently has a couple minor credits a year on IMDB. Hopefully he's got some bigger parts coming. But if you remember when he first started, he wasn't called a true regular, he was supposed to fill in for David Lucas.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think it was an abrupt thing, I think he just faded away. He is an aspiring actor so maybe he got some work. He consistently has a couple minor credits a year on IMDB. Hopefully he's got some bigger parts coming. But if you remember when he first started, he wasn't called a true regular, he was supposed to fill in for David Lucas.
That was the same track for Hans. But that “restriction” only lasted about 2 weeks for Hans. Of course, Michael retired almost immediately after Hans was added, so that may have had something to do with that.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have known back then that a decade later he'd be making thousands a month doing cameos? There were some gems in there. "You got 20 I got Foaty, You got Foaty I got 20!" That kind of illustrates how hard it is and why some of the early regulars who were noobs had some bad sets. William and Hans had a couple months of minutes that they had at least tried out before from being in the game for 8 years or whatever. Kim Congdon didn't have anything.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right, I think they tried to pull a Dick York-Dick Sargent kind of replacement. Didn't they replace her with Sara Weinshenk?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right, I think they tried to pull a Dick York-Dick Sargent kind of replacement. Didn't they replace her with Sara Weinshenk?
Kinda, but no.

All 3 were regulars for a while. Mostajabi didn’t show one week, so they grabbed Weinshenk to fill in. That was the same way Kim was added.

Mostajabi was blowing Redban to keep her spot, most likely. She basically said as much in her final set when she blew up at Tony and Redban (and the industry in general).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda, but no.

All 3 were regulars for a while. Mostajabi didn’t show one week, so they grabbed Weinshenk to fill in. That was the same way Kim was added.

Mostajabi was blowing Redban to keep her spot, most likely. She basically said as much in her final set when she blew up at Tony and Redban (and the industry in general).
That seems about right. It seems like there was a lot of drama when she was on.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems about right. It seems like there was a lot of drama when she was on.
She was almost as awkward as Eslinger. But Eslinger was a sweet person who was more trying to defeat a phobia than she was doing standup.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was almost as awkward as Eslinger. But Eslinger was a sweet person who was more trying to defeat a phobia than she was doing standup.
Sara Weinshenk was my favorite of the early regulars. I wish she stayed a little longer. I was looking forward to hearing about more kitchen appliances and whatnot.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sara Weinshenk was my favorite of the early regulars. I wish she stayed a little longer. I was looking forward to hearing about more kitchen appliances and whatnot.
Her schtick got old. But at least she was funny. I never found Kim funny at all.