• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kill Tony

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dom looked like he has Parkinson’s. I have never been a fan of his comedy, so I didn’t miss him from “contributing” last night, but as a human, it was sad to see his state. He did NOT look healthy.

Overall, last nights episode was below par. But I expected that when I saw the panel. 3 well-south-of-average guests did not bode well. But I actually loved their reaction to Casey. Voss had no idea what to make of that fool.

I liked that Holden went for that edgy joke. You gotta be careful going there, but it was actually a really good joke. Do you think Eleanor was aware of his history when she made the “dead dick” joke? If she did, that was an edgy joke, if a bit inappropriate to make about a kid. If she didn’t, than it was a very unfortunate slip.
Especially the first few minutes Dom looked very shaky, even kind of stuttering. He did make a comment at the end where he sounded more normal, so maybe some medication kicked in.

Yesterday wasn't his best episode, but I actually like Vos on the show. For whatever reason, a lot of my favorite episodes have either him or his wife, Bonnie. His jokes are very hit or miss but even with the speech impediment he's way more coherent than a lot of the guests they have. (obviously a result of him being sober and many of the guests being a drunken mess when they get to the show).

It's hard to tell if Elanor knew the history of that kid. I wouldn't think she would, but I think that whole scene down there is close nit. And the guests are usually in town for some other reason so maybe the subject came up when she was hanging out with some comedians. Sometimes they talk about running into each other backstage or whatever but the kid was supposedly a random bucket pull so who knows.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about Holden’s set from last night, the more I am blown away by it. For him, of all people on the planet, to make his entire set focused on masterbation is very interesting. I honestly don’t know how to react to it. Does it mean that the stories are overblown, and he is basically fully functional? Does it mean that he is using comedy to deal with the fact that he is, in no way whatsoever, “normal”?

Typically, a 17 yo boy going on about “choking the chicken” would typical infantile schlepp. But HIM going off on “choking the chicken” is something else entirely. I think I am impressed by this kids courage to do that minute, but I am not entirely sure…

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about Holden’s set from last night, the more I am blown away by it. For him, of all people on the planet, to make his entire set focused on masterbation is very interesting. I honestly don’t know how to react to it. Does it mean that the stories are overblown, and he is basically fully functional? Does it mean that he is using comedy to deal with the fact that he is, in no way whatsoever, “normal”?

Typically, a 17 yo boy going on about “choking the chicken” would typical infantile schlepp. But HIM going off on “choking the chicken” is something else entirely. I think I am impressed by this kids courage to do that minute, but I am not entirely sure…
Yeah I don't know what to think of that. Maybe the reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good episode last night. Love Jim Norton every time he's on. He'll make some jokes but he also goes back to the roots of the show critiquing the comedians. Joe and Tucker also did a great job of going with it and not hijacking the show like some guests do.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good episode last night. Love Jim Norton every time he's on. He'll make some jokes but he also goes back to the roots of the show critiquing the comedians. Joe and Tucker also did a great job of going with it and not hijacking the show like some guests do.
Joe is always so obliterated when he “pops in” that he adds nothing. Last night was no different.

Norton was amazing. Having the “trans” woman on was set on a tee for him, and he delivered some of the best lines of the night. And some of those lines would have worked from anyone, but they worked even better coming from him (if you are not aware, Jim Norton is married to a trans woman).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe is always so obliterated when he “pops in” that he adds nothing. Last night was no different.

Norton was amazing. Having the “trans” woman on was set on a tee for him, and he delivered some of the best lines of the night. And some of those lines would have worked from anyone, but they worked even better coming from him (if you are not aware, Jim Norton is married to a trans woman).
Yeah what I liked about Joe last night is that he was less vocal than usual. Of course you can't avoid his signature fake laughter, you're getting that whether you want it or not.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I think there are no more first time guests left, they pull David Spade for tonight. I'm trying to think of who's left of the older comics. Obviously Dave Chappelle would be the biggest get. Bill Murray is in his 70's now but I could see him maybe doing it. If we're doing odds I'd say one of Seinfeld/Kevin James/Ray Romano doing it is around 15%. I guess Howard Stern is a possibility but he's a germaphobe so I don't know if I could see him going to Austin to do a show in a bar.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I think there are no more first time guests left, they pull David Spade for tonight. I'm trying to think of who's left of the older comics. Obviously Dave Chappelle would be the biggest get. Bill Murray is in his 70's now but I could see him maybe doing it. If we're doing odds I'd say one of Seinfeld/Kevin James/Ray Romano doing it is around 15%. I guess Howard Stern is a possibility but he's a germaphobe so I don't know if I could see him going to Austin to do a show in a bar.
Howie Mandel did it…

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Ray and Ian Edwards tonight. Adam Ray is always good. Ian Edwards is fine but I really just like watching to see if he can go the whole episode without laughing. I feel like someone could have the best set ever and he would give a half smile and the obligatory monotone "that's hilarious".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Edward’s has been guesting almost from episode 1, and he doesnt have a single spotlight moment. He hasn’t provided any super awkward moments, either.

This is an Adam Ray episode. And doing a new character I have not seen yet.

Tony better be careful. He is building Ray up so huge, his own fanbase is starting to like him more than Tony himself.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Edward’s has been guesting almost from episode 1, and he doesnt have a single spotlight moment. He hasn’t provided any super awkward moments, either.

This is an Adam Ray episode. And doing a new character I have not seen yet.

Tony better be careful. He is building Ray up so huge, his own fanbase is starting to like him more than Tony himself.
Last night's episode sucked. But your last comment is interesting to me because I was thinking it would have been better if Adam Ray had hosted. (I can take or leave the characters). And for me, Tony is becoming less likable, so I guess I'm one of those fans. Watching him drag out that one 20 minute interview was just painful. Asking someone about their last sexual experience was kind of edgy and interesting the first 20 times or so, but after 1000 times no one really gives a fuck (no pun intended--or was it?).

I don't know, maybe the show is revving up it's metaphorical motorcycle getting ready to jump the shark for me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath looked HORRIBLE. Like, I legit wonder about his health. I saw a split screen of his first appearance compared to last night, and it was shocking.

The bucket was not kind last night, no question. Only 1 good pull all night.

The beginning of the episode was hilarious because the crowd had no idea who Elaine was.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Ichabod will make an appearance at one of the LA shows.

I thought he was dead? Am I experiencing a Mandela effect?