• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had people online to do the nightfall with, that would be great. Unfortunately, I'm left with bounties and strikes. I spent 3 hours on today, completed all the day's bounties and got like 1/8 of the way through the Canguard rep.
I was on earlier today and I got right around 1/4 of a level with 2 different characters and spent about an hour with each. I'm pretty positive about that 1/4 part, too, due to the shape of the icon that measures EXP.

There is a cliff right after the first hour or so in Rep with each character. Destiny isn't really a game you binge play. There isn't enough content so they designed the game with daily gates that fall off pretty quickly. It is a great game for the adult gamer who doesn't have more than a couple of hours every day to dedicate to gaming.

The raids are the exception and there are only 2 right now

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was away last week on vacation so I didn't get a chance to take out the Crota boss on hard. Got through the other stages pretty easily though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get Vanguard Rep from doing Weekly Strikes, too. Maybe Daily Missions but Im not sure about that.

I got around half a level (and 20 Strange Coins) doing the Weekly and Nightfall. I had a New Monarchy Item equipped so I got a good PVP Helmet for my Titan.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maize,

I highly recommend you go to Destiny Team Finder and get some people to play with. You will find the game more enjoyable as you will be able to do the Nightfall and Weeklys and Raids then which are far more enjoyable than the strikes themselves. None of my friends play Destiny, heck very few of them play video games, so DTF is a useful way to meet people to play the game with.

You will also quickly get enough gear that you no longer care about getting Vanguard or Crucible gear.

While sometimes you will play with people that are super annoying you just ignore them during the match and not play with them again. When you wind up playing with some folks you don't mind you friend them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will also quickly get enough gear that you no longer care about getting Vanguard or Crucible gear.
Ultimately, the best PVE Gear is Raid Gear and the best PVP Gear is Iron Banner Gear

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, the best PVE Gear is Raid Gear and the best PVP Gear is Iron Banner Gear

I don't play much PVP so I never worry about Iron Banner but there is some pretty good gear there I hear.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on earlier today and I got right around 1/4 of a level with 2 different characters and spent about an hour with each. I'm pretty positive about that 1/4 part, too, due to the shape of the icon that measures EXP.

There is a cliff right after the first hour or so in Rep with each character. Destiny isn't really a game you binge play. There isn't enough content so they designed the game with daily gates that fall off pretty quickly. It is a great game for the adult gamer who doesn't have more than a couple of hours every day to dedicate to gaming.

The raids are the exception and there are only 2 right now

I call BS. I'm like a level 6 or 7 vanguard and it takes forever to level up. I've played multiple hours straight, running raids, doing the daily story/weekly strikes and doing every single bounty. No way you can to level 1/4 in an hour.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS. I'm like a level 6 or 7 vanguard and it takes forever to level up. I've played multiple hours straight, running raids, doing the daily story/weekly strikes and doing every single bounty. No way you can to level 1/4 in an hour.

A level is 2500 xp. Nightfall is 500. Weekly is 400..i think? (maybe its 500 as well). Then 6 bounties from the vanguard is another 300 xp min. (daily).
If you include Eris, its another 300 xp min. (daily)

So that's 1500 xp or so in a few hours.
500-600 or so xp min. daily

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A level is 2500 xp. Nightfall is 500. Weekly is 400..i think? (maybe its 500 as well). Then 6 bounties from the vanguard is another 300 xp min. (daily).
That sounds about right but the Eris bounties don't count towards vanguard. So you get 900xp once a week. About 400xp off the daily bounties every day. Boss Patrol are also worth 25xp and are usually really simple so they are worth knocking off whenever you see them.

Cruicible Marks are the game's biggest grind, imo.

Also, can't wait to try out Shotguns at +100% PVE damage

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So that's 1500 xp or so in a few hours.
500-600 or so xp min. daily

Again, nightfall is impossible without friends. That's already been removed from the equation. The weekly gives you 400 once a week.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, nightfall is impossible without friends. That's already been removed from the equation. The weekly gives you 400 once a week.

I assume you arent 30+?

Cause I solo at least 1 nightfall a week... usually save 1 to do with friends.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soling Nightfall sounds like a massive PITA to me. You have to be so cautious.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nightfall is 10x easier with 2 people. I wouldn't bother doing it solo unless you enjoy exploiting game AI and level design.

Ideal setup is to have one person play with Fireborn or Bladedancer Stealth build and the other to have an Alpha Lupi chest piece.

I currently have 3 Vanguard Comm. without anything to buy

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 17.

I have 15 vanguard commendations, 13 crucible, 200 vanguard and crucible marks on all 3 characters and I can't buy anything because my vault is full. Come on bungievision, let's get with it. More vault space should have been added months ago.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I looked again and you only get that much XP by doing the level 30 weekly strike, which I can't do alone. Either way, it's a moot point. I wanted s shotgun for crucible and in my quest to buy one I just found one on a random legendary engram drop.

Either way, leveling those up without a partner takes forever. With a partner it seems much easier. In an ironic twist, the commendation I got is now useless to me. Bungee needs to change something.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 15 vanguard commendations, 13 crucible, 200 vanguard and crucible marks on all 3 characters and I can't buy anything because my vault is full. Come on bungievision, let's get with it. More vault space should have been added months ago.

What will really annoy me is if they make the commendations useless with the new DLC and make have to get something else to obtain it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will really annoy me is if they make the commendations useless with the new DLC and make have to get something else to obtain it.
The only reason they exist in the first place is because it was much easier to farm public events via a website than doing Strike Playlists. It was also the reason why you can only get so many marks in a week. Id be shocked if they got rid of them...but not too shocked given their current track record.

The only thing Im worried about with the DLC is that it might make Vault of Glass totally irrelevant

With the way the latest weapon balance patch came in, its pretty obvious that every Bungie member is working on the Comet Destiny 2 thing and anything they do with the current game is kept to a minimum. Upping Shotgun damage, for example, doesn't fix the reason why no one uses Shotguns in PVE.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the shottie thing is a little strange. I don't care how powerful they make shotties, the fire rate makes it useless when you are facing loads of enemies and when you are facing only a few, the last thing you want to do is get within shottie range of the bad guy. Imagine trying to shottie a boomer?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the shottie thing is a little strange. I don't care how powerful they make shotties, the fire rate makes it useless when you are facing loads of enemies and when you are facing only a few, the last thing you want to do is get within shottie range of the bad guy. Imagine trying to shottie a boomer?
I was playing on the Archon Priest Nightfall yesterday. All burns were up so all enemies could kill me in one hit except for Dregs and basic Goblins. Icebreaker was the only weapon I was using. In terms of weapon power, there is no reason to use any other secondary except for Sniper Rifle in anything harder than a Daily Mission. Sniper Rifles have the lowest risk BY FAR and the highest damage output.

The only way Shotguns or even Fusion Rifles will ever get used is if the AI gets smarter or they start doing missions with very strict time limits. I loved using Shotguns in the story mode. They were arguably the best weapon when you didnt know the enemy AI patterns and it took 5 or 6 hits for the enemy to kill you.

According to Bungie, Shotguns count for 1% of Enemy Kills in Story mode. 1%. Assuming thats right on the dot, you're talking about 1 out of every 100 kills is done with a Shotgun. Even getting up to a paltry 6% use (where Pulse Rifles are at) would suggest somewhere in the ballpark of 1 in 16. That will never happen. Shotgun will always be bad in endgame PVE Destiny. 1% suggests that its beyond saving even with 100% damage buff. There will be a couple of fun builds to take advantage of the damage but there are no reasons to use them.

Like my Fireteam always says: this will be the best game ever...next year. We're just playing around with one helluva Beta.