• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know but I really have no other choice I mean I used to play on 360 but now you have to reset if you go on Xbox One :/
If you get to store your gear somehow then its not a huge deal but otherwise that would kinda suck. edit-nevermind

Really the big draw for me is going to be the new artifacts and new exotics. I was never really a Raid guy but if the loot is good enough to warrant more variety in playing then ill put a few more hours into Destiny for sure.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully support any awful reviews that Destiny: Rise of Iron gets moving forward. Their advertising campaign is embarrassing.

Remember that Thorn you got in year 1? Its back. You just have to grind for it again. And it kinda sucks now.
Remember that Hopscotch Pilgrim you got in year 1? Its back. You just have to grind for it again. And it kinda sucks now.
Remember that Gjallarhorn you got in year 1? Its back. You just have to grind for it again or pre-order and grind for a special black version. And it kinda sucks now.
Remember those Exotic Armor leaked last year? Its in the game now. You just have to grind for it.

1 hour of main story content, a new strike, a new patrol area, a new raid, new artifacts with cool abilities. Its good stuff if you're an addict but its not a whole lot of content for $35.

It looks like I'll actually have to raid now because there likely won't be a whole lot to do otherwise. They did some cool patches with private matches and the graphics and environment effects have been improved but its not even close to the same type of expansion as the Taken King where you had new subclasses and new weapon types to mess around with. The only new version of a weapon is a faster ROF sidearm class.

Only buy this if you're big into Raiding.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully support any awful reviews that Destiny: Rise of Iron gets moving forward. Their advertising campaign is embarrassing.

Remember that Thorn you got in year 1? Its back. You just have to grind for it again. And it kinda sucks now.
Remember that Hopscotch Pilgrim you got in year 1? Its back. You just have to grind for it again. And it kinda sucks now.
Remember that Gjallarhorn you got in year 1? Its back. You just have to grind for it again or pre-order and grind for a special black version. And it kinda sucks now.
Remember those Exotic Armor leaked last year? Its in the game now. You just have to grind for it.

1 hour of main story content, a new strike, a new patrol area, a new raid, new artifacts with cool abilities. Its good stuff if you're an addict but its not a whole lot of content for $35.

It looks like I'll actually have to raid now because there likely won't be a whole lot to do otherwise. They did some cool patches with private matches and the graphics and environment effects have been improved but its not even close to the same type of expansion as the Taken King where you had new subclasses and new weapon types to mess around with. The only new version of a weapon is a faster ROF sidearm class.

Only buy this if you're big into Raiding.

I have enjoyed playing rise of iron, but it's apparent that it is very short on content. 5 story missions for the campaign was pretty disappointing. Just a little over 2 weeks in and I've already managed to get 6 of the 7 exotic armor pieces (which as you said were actually supposed to be released in TTK but never were) and I've done all the exotic weapons quests except for the raid pulse rifle, which I could have done by now but I just really haven't felt like putting an evening into it yet. I do like the raid, it is fun, but it is pretty easy. I like the new supremacy mode, but lag is as bad as ever and it's incredibly frustrating when the only way to score is pick up crests and the game is so laggy that you can't pick them up.

It's a fun expansion, and I do like it, but I honestly think House of Wolves had just as much if not more to it at $20 than ROI does at $30.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have enjoyed playing rise of iron, but it's apparent that it is very short on content. 5 story missions for the campaign was pretty disappointing. Just a little over 2 weeks in and I've already managed to get 6 of the 7 exotic armor pieces (which as you said were actually supposed to be released in TTK but never were) and I've done all the exotic weapons quests except for the raid pulse rifle, which I could have done by now but I just really haven't felt like putting an evening into it yet. I do like the raid, it is fun, but it is pretty easy. I like the new supremacy mode, but lag is as bad as ever and it's incredibly frustrating when the only way to score is pick up crests and the game is so laggy that you can't pick them up.

It's a fun expansion, and I do like it, but I honestly think House of Wolves had just as much if not more to it at $20 than ROI does at $30.
Pretty much agree with everything you've said except for Supremacy being good.

It completely eliminates non-Mida scouts and Sniper Rifles. This would be an important change in 3s but in 6s? Awful. And Rumble? Really awful. Inferno Supremacy? Really?!? Its redundant as an Iron Banner mode because it promotes the same strategies people like to do in Iron Banner anyways (Clash w Shotguns)

Things I do like:

1. Drop rate is really high now but you still have to work for light level.
2. Archon Forge Fusion Rifle drop is probably the best in the game.
3. Trespasser is a fun PVP weapon.
4. Both Titan Exotic Armors are well done.

Thing that bugs me:

1. Striker, Voidwalker and Bladedancer are over-represented in Exotic Armor choices. Voidwalker is particularly glaring because I routinely pick Ophidian Aspect, Ram or Voidfang Vestments with my other 2 warlocks subclasses.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone play Destiny on Xbox One? I could use some more Destiny Xbox Friends