• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 18: Seahawks @ Cardinals Thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where to go at 16?

Doesn't matter if the same FO/coaching staff/ownership is in place. I guess fine, draft a QB. But it's not going to change an f'ing thing unless Carroll/Hurtt and his whole staff is gone next year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith says screw it... Leads us on the game winning drive and 2 point conversion so we wouldn't be in a better position to draft one of the better QB's... ;)

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB with our coaching staff isn't gonna do a thing. Nothing will fix this team until we have coaching/FO turnover.
It's going to be the same shit all over again, despite drafting some good talent. We have no coaches who can properly coach defense and haven't had since Quinn left. THe scheme is a farce. We have 2 safeties taking up close to 40 mil in cap space who are useless now. Diggs is a good leader but he has fallen off the cliff and Adams is just a waste of a roster spot. We have zero elite pass rushers. One pretty good in Nwosu but he got hurt. Bobby Wagz is old and slow and of those 180 something tackles, how many were after the runner was 10 yds downfield? The smallest player we have seems to be the only one who actually knows how to tackle. And the middle of our Oline is still a liability.We have no QB that can truly make a difference and our offense is predictable and boring. I have very little hope for anything more than this 9-8/ 10-7 at best shit and doubt we will be thinking any differently when 2025 rolls around.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really want a QB, there should be enough in this class to even get one second round, more or less late first. Given their lack of picks and how truly bad this D is I really don't want to see them go after one.
Problem is we don't have a 2nd unless someone is getting traded come new league year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be the same shit all over again, despite drafting some good talent. We have no coaches who can properly coach defense and haven't had since Quinn left. THe scheme is a farce. We have 2 safeties taking up close to 40 mil in cap space who are useless now. Diggs is a good leader but he has fallen off the cliff and Adams is just a waste of a roster spot. We have zero elite pass rushers. One pretty good in Nwosu but he got hurt. Bobby Wagz is old and slow and of those 180 something tackles, how many were after the runner was 10 yds downfield? The smallest player we have seems to be the only one who actually knows how to tackle. And the middle of our Oline is still a liability.We have no QB that can truly make a difference and our offense is predictable and boring. I have very little hope for anything more than this 9-8/ 10-7 at best shit and doubt we will be thinking any differently when 2025 rolls around.
If Cliff isn't at least fired, I will be pissed...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith says screw it... Leads us on the game winning drive and 2 point conversion so we wouldn't be in a better position to draft one of the better QB's... ;)

Lot of the players are just playing for a contract next year/money. Carroll is wanting to win to not get fired (which now he probably wont, which is why I wanted us to lose). I got my 500 yards (almost anyway) produced by Arizona, but sadly Geno had to throw some darts at the end.

Carroll is 100% the problem with this D. The players don't get his scheme, many are visibly frustrated, crap teams and mediocre players continue to abuse Carroll's system.... you can't say it's Hurtt because things were just as bad with Norton... Until this team fires Carroll I couldn't care less if we drafted a clone of 25 year old Tom Brady.

What's really going to piss me off next year is IF we draft a QB... because then that senile gum chewing fuck (and yes I know he won us a SuperBowl, calm down fans) will have a shitty record and just blame it on a new QB... UGH. Seattle is in a pretty shitty place at the moment if Jody wants to sell the team.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cliff isn't at least fired, I will be pissed...
You mean Clint? It doesn't matter because Pete will just hire another yes man for the defensive side. Pete has no clue how to put together a defense for the modern game. Honestly, I think the building of the LOB was more about getting lucky and Gus Bradley than anything Pete actually did.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Clint? It doesn't matter because Pete will just hire another yes man for the defensive side. Pete has no clue how to put together a defense for the modern game. Honestly, I think the building of the LOB was more about getting lucky and Gus Bradley than anything Pete actually did.
LOL... Yes...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where to go at 16?
I want Kris Jenkins, Jr... DT from Michigan... If he's gone by the time we pick, I want the Safety from Miami...

But my guess would be that we trade down into the 1st to gain a 2nd rounder while we're at... It's the Seahawk way...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks lost 8 games this year. All but one were to playoff teams. The one non playoff team was Cincy. I don't know what that means other than the fact that the Hawks didn't lose to a whole bunch of bad teams this year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A QB is not going to fix jack shit on this team.

We have an outdated offense scheme. We don't know how to use TEs. A good receiver crew doesn't do anything over the middle or creative (we used to run deep routes, now we just run out routes and comebacks 24/7), our runningbacks are utilized completely incorrectly (running one who excels outside up the gut, the other outside or with passes 24/7 when he excels up the gut).

As for the defense, the entire thing is a disaster. Nearly 500 yards to the Steelers and Cards? I don't care how good your offense is, you're losing.

You guys all saying "Draft a QB" or "What QB should we draft?" are out of your minds unless you think you're getting the second coming of Brady/Manning, etc. Drafting a QB isn't gonna solve jack shit with this team.

The only change that will benefit is coaching/FO/Ownership, and winning this game sadly didn't help changing that.
Pete will use this victory as a motivational cry, preaching how we’re going in the right direction …

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving Giants the 2nd rounder is just a killer, so many holes. Gotta get some beef up front!!!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Gus, Gus used to make me pull my hair out .. Dan Quinn took the LOB to another level, foundation was laid draft wise when Gus was there, but we got LUCKY he got a head coaching job because Pete would have kept Gus and he would have held our D back from greatness … Everything came together beautifully under Dan Quinn… Gus went on to have a miserable head coaching stint..

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks lost 8 games this year. All but one were to playoff teams. The one non playoff team was Cincy. I don't know what that means other than the fact that the Hawks didn't lose to a whole bunch of bad teams this year.

It means that this team can beat bad teams but can't beat good teams.

In fairness to Pete, we did have a very difficult schedule this year. We played 11 games against teams with winning records. That is pretty rare. But we were 3-8 in those games.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the point entirely if that was your response.

The point was, I'd have much rather been watching a more competent team all year. The wish was that they had done more and not put the team in this position in the first place.

Agreed. I would have been more than happy to have not had to complain about the QB, the OL, the defense as a whole, the coaching, etc. But, you climbed into a conversation about rooting against your own team for 1 game and then claim I'm missing the point that you would rather talk about the entire season.

People cheering for a better draft position do so ignoring that whether we were 14 or 16, we don't have a second round pick so we're gonna trade the pick for more capital anyway.