• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destiny is on PVP auto pilot for now. For those wanting to get back in for whatever reason then Ill give the following advice:

Use Bladedancer, Voidwalker or Defender for objective modes. Control, Zone Control, Rift. Lots of mobility and tools to help you win those modes.

Use Nightstalker, Sunsinger or Striker for 3v3 modes due to the effective nature of their abilities. Trials of Osiris and Skirmish.

Use Gunslinger, Stormcaller and Sunbreaker for 6v6 modes and Rumble due to the effective nature of their Supers.

If you play Inferno (no radar, no heavy) then just use Stormcaller and Transcendence. Its so much better than the other supers due to its duration.

The weapons are balanced enough but if you're modes where light levels dont matter then Thorn and Necrochasm totally wreck still. Otherwise The Last Word and MIDA are as good as ever and the Gunsmith routinely has good weapons.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bungie is really testing the limits of patience for the players. No notable content for 6 months? Destiny 2.0 not out until 2017? They are going to kill their install base.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bungie is really testing the limits of patience for the players. No notable content for 6 months? Destiny 2.0 not out until 2017? They are going to kill their install base.
I did enjoy Sparrow Racing League a lot when it came out and it actually gave rewards at a respectable clip unlike a lot of the other modes they've been pushing. Other than that....no notable content. The new Valentine's Day PVP mode will likely be awful.

I don't think people need to stay on Destiny for a sequel to be popular. I've basically cut down to playing only about 2-4 hours of Destiny a week at this point because I have pretty much everything. I dont think that will keep me from buying the sequel.

The gist Bungie was saying was that Crota's End timetable was totally unsustainable. Raids take way too much work to just release them every couple of months. I still think The Taken King is the best value of any console game out right now and Ive played through Witcher 3 and Bloodborne.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of the expansions free yet? I'm not going to spend anymore money than I paid for the game on it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that we can't expect a big content release every 6 months. That's fine. But adding new game modes and new loot, along with expanding leveling gives players something to play for would be nice.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that we can't expect a big content release every 6 months. That's fine. But adding new game modes and new loot, along with expanding leveling gives players something to play for would be nice.
As far as I can tell this is where Destiny 1 dies. I dont think the 10 year promise is in the cards. You probably have every type of subclass they ever planned on making. You have the Sparrow Racing its just not expanded yet. Other than that, itll be little tweaks here and little tweaks there - none of which actually make the game more balanced but the emphasize certain things over others. Bungie has been holding off on some exotics that people know are in the game and will likely trickle them into their special events at some point.

I'm not sure The Division will be a Destiny killer but there are about 4-5 games on the horizon that should combine to do it and Fallout 4 definitely hit the player base hard.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can tell this is where Destiny 1 dies. I dont think the 10 year promise is in the cards. You probably have every type of subclass they ever planned on making. You have the Sparrow Racing its just not expanded yet. Other than that, itll be little tweaks here and little tweaks there - none of which actually make the game more balanced but the emphasize certain things over others. Bungie has been holding off on some exotics that people know are in the game and will likely trickle them into their special events at some point.

At this point the only people playing are the people trying to do something really nerdy like get all exotic and unique drop gear or getting 320 on their characters. I still think the gameplay is fun but there is less and less reason to play.

I'm not sure The Division will be a Destiny killer but there are about 4-5 games on the horizon that should combine to do it and Fallout 4 definitely hit the player base hard.

I'm hearing good things about The Division.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point the only people playing are the people trying to do something really nerdy like get all exotic and unique drop gear or getting 320 on their characters. I still think the gameplay is fun but there is less and less reason to play.
The thing that worries that player base is that while Bungie added a massive amount of content with the Taken King, they left behind a massive amount of content from Year 1. All of the best ideas from Year 1 basically are gone and now that everyone is done with Taken King, they are wondering why the Year 1 glory is off the table

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that worries that player base is that while Bungie added a massive amount of content with the Taken King, they left behind a massive amount of content from Year 1. All of the best ideas from Year 1 basically are gone and now that everyone is done with Taken King, they are wondering why the Year 1 glory is off the table

That's a good point. How hard would it be to do a modified Vault of Glass raid? Change the mechanics and level up the NPC. They wouldn't need to invent an entire RAID.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. How hard would it be to do a modified Vault of Glass raid? Change the mechanics and level up the NPC. They wouldn't need to invent an entire RAID.
Right on cue, the Destiny Weekly Update

"Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017."

So basically the game is still most likely dead until the large expansion...likely right before xmas season. But at least they'll reuse some of the old content they took away.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on cue, the Destiny Weekly Update

"Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017."

Not a lot of details and of course no date. June 19th is a spring time release. I guess we'll see.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destiny killing off additional support for PS3 and 360.

As a result, they are now doing Private Matches with friends and clans. Also adding Kill Confirmed as a PVP mode with the new DLC hits.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destiny killing off additional support for PS3 and 360.

As a result, they are now doing Private Matches with friends and clans. Also adding Kill Confirmed as a PVP mode with the new DLC hits.

Looking forward to the new content. I still enjoy playing the game despite there not being much to play for right now.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the new content. I still enjoy playing the game despite there not being much to play for right now.
As am I however I am deciding to completely reset all my characters for the new DLC if that makes any sense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As am I however I am deciding to completely reset all my characters for the new DLC if that makes any sense.

Wow. That's a bold move. I put way too much time into it to do that.

If they make me do that for Destiny 2.0 so be it.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That's a bold move. I put way too much time into it to do that.

If they make me do that for Destiny 2.0 so be it.
Yeah I know but I really have no other choice I mean I used to play on 360 but now you have to reset if you go on Xbox One :/

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know but I really have no other choice I mean I used to play on 360 but now you have to reset if you go on Xbox One :/

They let you sync the 360 to your Xbox One account one time.