• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like a large strike (like say Mars). And its challenging if you do it solo. But have 2 32's and the rest 31's? Pshhh easy.
Do the enemies keep respawning at the first part of the Raid with the lights? I got over 200 kills with my 31 Defender but the enemies kept coming so I figured that the wave was pretty endless and I got bored.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the enemies keep respawning at the first part of the Raid with the lights? I got over 200 kills with my 31 Defender but the enemies kept coming so I figured that the wave was pretty endless and I got bored.

yep... The cheese for that part is easy (stand on a rock by a lamp, lamp blows up and shoots you to the end of the maze) --but doing it legit only adds a couple minutes.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Vault of Glass with 4 30s, a 29 and a 24 and also did a 3 man run on the first 2 parts of Crota's End. Vault of Glass is probably has the best designed levels in the whole game but 6 people doing anything is just too many cooks. 3 man Fireteams are flexible and ebb and flow. 6 man fireteams are a lot like work where if everyone doesnt do their exact role then everyone else starts getting frustrated. And then if one player quits then the whole thing stalls (which happened for a good 30 minutes with me).

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bought a PS4 and got destiny

tech_iceman

don't be skeeered

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 Crota kills in a row where I have only received shards or energies.

WTF.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like old school Zelda on Nin64.

why can't they just keep it simple but improve the dam graphics?

Is destiny the best RPG out right now?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like old school Zelda on Nin64.

why can't they just keep it simple but improve the dam graphics?

Is destiny the best RPG out right now?
I'd recommend a Nintendo system. Keeping it simple and improving the graphics has basically been their calling card for the past decade.

There has been a dearth of good traditional RPGs lately. The last good one, to my knowledge, was a game called Bravely Default. You might also like the Dragon Age games.

Destiny is a First Person Shooter with MMORPG elements. Its not really the same thing.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton did you ever play Balder's Gate on PS2?

That was awesome. I have an Xbox 360. Rarely play until around the holidays when it gets cold. I still play Madden 2006 on original Xbox. Still play GTA 2&3 on PS2. And have a few games on the Xbox 360.

So Bravely default huh? I'll check it out. Even thought I have no time to play.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton did you ever play Balder's Gate on PS2?
No but the other game I have time to play is Diablo 3 and its pretty similar.

In Destiny news, Xur sold the best PVP weapon last week and the best PVE weapon this week. No excuses for not hitting Nightfalls, Iron Banners and Raids at this point I guess

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of the way they added the Vanguard recommendation, or whatever it's called. Not only do you have to get a bunch of Vanguard or Crucible marks now, but you also have to rank up to get 1 single thing to purchase with those marks. Ranking up takes forever.

It also seems like the vendors are selling worse equipment than they used to be. The armor seems improved and the weapons damage was increased, but they seriously slashed the perks of a lot of the weapons.

I'm still hoping they add match making for the raids because that's a big part of the game I just can't play.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also seems like the vendors are selling worse equipment than they used to be.
The Autorifles and Handcannons are much worse. The Scout Rifles are much better and everything else is still pretty solid.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Autorifles and Handcannons are much worse. The Scout Rifles are much better and everything else is still pretty solid.

I pretty much exclusively use hand cannons and I was actually working up to buying one to use when I want to use my exotic sniper rifles instead of the Last Word....but then when it updated it took the legendary one sold at the shop down to a 5 shot magazine...wtf?

But I did actually get lucky and I found a legendary hand cannon drop a few weeks later. This guy: TFWPKY 1969 Review | PlanetDestiny.com

So it all worked out. But there's just too many things to focus on without any real drive to push through and do it. There's that new vendor that showed up with the new pack and she has bounties you can focus on. In order to level up the fusion rifle you got with the pack you need to get some crystal or something from here but have to be level 3. And if you want a gun or armor from one of the clan guys, you need to level them up to level 3. And you can't do any of it at the same time, nor can you level up your vanguard or crucible level at the same time. All so you can get a decent thing for your character. If you use multiple load outs for Crucible and PVE (which most people do) it makes it really annoying. One shop will have the armor you want and another shop with have the gloves you want. But it would be unreasonable to think you can easily upgrade to level 3 on both.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it all worked out. But there's just too many things to focus on without any real drive to push through and do it. There's that new vendor that showed up with the new pack and she has bounties you can focus on. In order to level up the fusion rifle you got with the pack you need to get some crystal or something from here but have to be level 3. And if you want a gun or armor from one of the clan guys, you need to level them up to level 3. And you can't do any of it at the same time, nor can you level up your vanguard or crucible level at the same time. All so you can get a decent thing for your character. If you use multiple load outs for Crucible and PVE (which most people do) it makes it really annoying. One shop will have the armor you want and another shop with have the gloves you want. But it would be unreasonable to think you can easily upgrade to level 3 on both.
Its takes about 10 hours of PVP gameplay on average to get enough Crucible Points for a PVP Weapon. You could probably get Vanguard Weapons for 3 characters in the same amount of time. The fact that most of the shops take Crucible Points just seems a little silly.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its takes about 10 hours of PVP gameplay on average to get enough Crucible Points for a PVP Weapon. You could probably get Vanguard Weapons for 3 characters in the same amount of time. The fact that most of the shops take Crucible Points just seems a little silly.

But it takes longer now because you also need an accommodation. I've had 200 vanguard/crucible points forever. I keep buying materials but I have a butt load of those too. It takes forever to level up your vanguard or crucible to get one of those accommodations, which you now need to buy those things. It's just another type of currancy you need to worry about.

And can we talk about how pointless motes of light are? Other than some capes, what the hell can you buy with them? I have like 80 and don't know what to do with them. Why are there 100 different kinds of currency in this game?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it takes longer now because you also need an accommodation. I've had 200 vanguard/crucible points forever. I keep buying materials but I have a butt load of those too. It takes forever to level up your vanguard or crucible to get one of those accommodations, which you now need to buy those things. It's just another type of currancy you need to worry about.

And can we talk about how pointless motes of light are? Other than some capes, what the hell can you buy with them? I have like 80 and don't know what to do with them. Why are there 100 different kinds of currency in this game?
Actually I think its only about 6-7 hours to get Crucible Marks up to 150. You just have to watch about the weekly cap.

Vanguard Accommodations arent too difficult to get if you complete a lot of Bounties. Being able to hold 10 really helps.

Motes of Light let you get spiffy Class Gear or Emblems from the speaker, let you re-roll weapons you've gotten from Iron Banner so you can get the perks you want and about once a month you can spend them at Xur to get Exotic Engrams.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think its only about 6-7 hours to get Crucible Marks up to 150. You just have to watch about the weekly cap.

Vanguard Accommodations arent too difficult to get if you complete a lot of Bounties. Being able to hold 10 really helps.

Motes of Light let you get spiffy Class Gear or Emblems from the speaker, let you re-roll weapons you've gotten from Iron Banner so you can get the perks you want and about once a month you can spend them at Xur to get Exotic Engrams.

I can totally get enough crucible/vanguard marks. That's not the problem. It takes a billion years to get a vanguard/crucible accommodation. I started this weekend at about 1/4 of my vanguard XP reached this level. I spent about 5 hours yesterday and 5 hours today playing and it got me basically right to the 3/4 mark. That means you'd have to play about 20 hours to get one of those; that's insane (and that's doing every possible vanguard bounty).

What's funny, in my quest to buy something from the Vanguard (a shotgun for use in Crucible) I've actually ended up getting 4-5 Legendary items (including a shotgun) and 3 exotics (shotgun, pulse rifle and scout rifle). Basically, you're more likely get get what you want by drops by going for the stupid merchants.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can totally get enough crucible/vanguard marks. That's not the problem. It takes a billion years to get a vanguard/crucible accommodation. I started this weekend at about 1/4 of my vanguard XP reached this level. I spent about 5 hours yesterday and 5 hours today playing and it got me basically right to the 3/4 mark. That means you'd have to play about 20 hours to get one of those; that's insane (and that's doing every possible vanguard bounty).

What's funny, in my quest to buy something from the Vanguard (a shotgun for use in Crucible) I've actually ended up getting 4-5 Legendary items (including a shotgun) and 3 exotics (shotgun, pulse rifle and scout rifle). Basically, you're more likely get get what you want by drops by going for the stupid merchants.
I've ran out of things to buy from the vanguard vendors and I can assure you that it takes closer to 3 hours than 20 to get a vanguard accommodation if you wait to do bounties. Doing a Nightfall gives you a TON of rep, too. Thats the fastest way.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've ran out of things to buy from the vanguard vendors and I can assure you that it takes closer to 3 hours than 20 to get a vanguard accommodation if you wait to do bounties. Doing a Nightfall gives you a TON of rep, too. Thats the fastest way.

If I had people online to do the nightfall with, that would be great. Unfortunately, I'm left with bounties and strikes. I spent 3 hours on today, completed all the day's bounties and got like 1/8 of the way through the Canguard rep.