• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: The Baltimore Ravens Thread

How Far Will the Ravens Go in 2015-16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every four days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others. Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

Last Year: The Baltimore Ravens Thread

This Year So Far:

1. The New England Patriots Thread
2. The Seattle Seahawks Thread
3. The Indianapolis Colts Thread
4. The Green Bay Packers Thread
5. The Baltimore Ravens Thread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rat Birds make the playoffs but lose in the divisional round.
On paper and before camps start many AFC teams improved. NE, IND, Pitt, even those dogs like Buf, Mia, Cle and Cincy. Could be anyones division and anyones Conference. It goes without saying but I will say it anyway injuries will obviuosly have a huge impact.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to see this team without Ngata in the middle. He has been a huge force especially in the red zone that the team has been so good at over his career. Big difference when giving up touchdowns compared to field goals in those situations. Throw in then after seeing the offense show some major signs of improvement how does the change in coaching staffs for the offense change things? Do they continue on the path to improvement or do they regress?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to see this team without Ngata in the middle. He has been a huge force especially in the red zone that the team has been so good at over his career. Big difference when giving up touchdowns compared to field goals in those situations. Throw in then after seeing the offense show some major signs of improvement how does the change in coaching staffs for the offense change things? Do they continue on the path to improvement or do they regress?

Ngata is a beast, clearly the most challenging DT that Pouncey faces and he generally loses that battle, but B. Williams is way better than average himself.

Somehow the Ravens always present a stout front 7...I thought they would have a drop off after R. Lewis...not really..now CJ Mosley looks like an All Pro. I think they might not be as good rushing the passer because the edge guys are a year older, and I'm still not convinced the back 4 is better.

DEF...stout again, but I'm waiting to see who the playmakers will be.

The OFC replaced Torrey who seemed to just be really getting in sync with Flacco the last 2 seasons...the rookies @ WR and TE will have to develop much quicker because Steve Smith will need help.

10-6 if the OFC starts strong...9-7 if they don't.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the games 31 year old Ngata missed last year due to his steroid violation Brandon Williams scored as good or better; not worried about Ngata Setroit way overpaid for a 31 yr old NT.

our defense is young played well last year and is much better in the secondary this year.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ngata is a beast, clearly the most challenging DT that Pouncey faces and he generally loses that battle, but B. Williams is way better than average himself.

Somehow the Ravens always present a stout front 7...I thought they would have a drop off after R. Lewis...not really..now CJ Mosley looks like an All Pro. I think they might not be as good rushing the passer because the edge guys are a year older, and I'm still not convinced the back 4 is better.

The OFC replaced Torrey who seemed to just be really getting in sync with Flacco the last 2 seasons...the rookies @ WR and TE will have to develop much quicker because Steve Smith will need help.

We said close to the same thing except I seenus at 11-5 and winning the north.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I think Baltimore will still be fine but I do definitely have some questions. I don't think the Red Zone defense will be quite as nasty as the combination of Ngata plus like you said the pass rushers getting a year older will make that a little tougher. I do think though they have one of the better ILB combinations in the league so they still should be top-10 in this category.

Offense is where I have my biggest questions though. Like you said losing really Flacco's top target in Torrey while also now having him have to learn a whole new offense with brand new players usually means there is a set back. I also question if the run game will be even close to what it was last year. Kubiak is known for making no name RB's into household names. Not sure we see that as much this year.

I have Baltimore right at 9-7 this year. Schedule last year was a bit part in 3 teams from the division getting into the playoffs. I don't see that happening again. I do see 2 teams from the AFC North making it but with 3 playoff caliber rosters in the division it should set up a pretty fun race that could come down to an injury or two or even a play or two.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We said close to the same thing except I seenus at 11-5 and winning the north.

My quick break down.

DIV - 3-3
Non DIV RD - 2-3...really depends on what SF looks like...this could flip to 3-2
Non DIV Hm - 4-1

FWIW...with those schedules I'm not predicting any AFCN team to win 11 games this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the games 31 year old Ngata missed last year due to his steroid violation Brandon Williams scored as good or better; not worried about Ngata Setroit way overpaid for a 31 yr old NT.

our defense is young played well last year and is much better in the secondary this year.

I agree about the DL...Ngata will be missed, but there is still plenty of talent up front. We shall see about the back 4...depth edge pass rushers is thinner without McPhee...is Upshaw ready to be a consistent impact guy?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the DL...Ngata will be missed, but there is still plenty of talent up front. We shall see about the back 4...depth edge pass rushers is thinner without McPhee...is Upshaw ready to be a consistent impact guy?

I would say one issue I do see for Baltimore is depth. The starters for the most part look pretty decent but the guys behind them unless a rookie steps up or somebody has made a huge leap in ability look pretty thin especially in the secondary. I would say the safety position is one with some major question marks. Neither of the starters at this time look anything impressive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think Baltimore will still be fine but I do definitely have some questions. I don't think the Red Zone defense will be quite as nasty as the combination of Ngata plus like you said the pass rushers getting a year older will make that a little tougher. I do think though they have one of the better ILB combinations in the league so they still should be top-10 in this category.

Offense is where I have my biggest questions though. Like you said losing really Flacco's top target in Torrey while also now having him have to learn a whole new offense with brand new players usually means there is a set back. I also question if the run game will be even close to what it was last year. Kubiak is known for making no name RB's into household names. Not sure we see that as much this year.

I have Baltimore right at 9-7 this year. Schedule last year was a bit part in 3 teams from the division getting into the playoffs. I don't see that happening again. I do see 2 teams from the AFC North making it but with 3 playoff caliber rosters in the division it should set up a pretty fun race that could come down to an injury or two or even a play or two.

I'm in that same area on the record...depends on how quickly the OFC syncs...I can see them struggling on the road to score but should be good enough on DEF to keep the games close.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My quick break down.

DIV - 3-3
Non DIV RD - 2-3...really depends on what SF looks like...this could flip to 3-2
Non DIV Hm - 4-1

FWIW...with those schedules I'm not predicting any AFCN team to win 11 games this year.
I see the Ravens Winning 11 including a victory over the Seahawks in Baltimore. I think the AFCN plays better then most think against the NFCW. Seattle and Rams in Baltimore and Az and 49ers on road. Advantageous for Baltimore.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Ravens Winning 11 including a victory over the Seahawks in Baltimore. I think the AFCN plays better then most think against the NFCW. Seattle and Rams in Baltimore and Az and 49ers on road. Advantageous for Baltimore.

Yeah...AFCN teams do see that type of ball a lot in DIV.

The big question mark of the NFCW teams...SEA...will the pass rush hold up? what is SF going to be on DEF? AZ...is Palmer truly the difference...are the Rams ready to take the next step?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could actually see a win for Baltimore when Seattle comes to town. They struggle against teams with a good pass rush. Heck their most difficult team to face in the NFC West of late has actually been the Rams.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could actually see a win for Baltimore when Seattle comes to town. They struggle against teams with a good pass rush. Heck their most difficult team to face in the NFC West of late has actually been the Rams.
Agreed but I think even more so then pass rush is containing Wilson. You have to keep him in the pocket. Seattle gave up 40 sacks last year.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...AFCN teams do see that type of ball a lot in DIV.

The big question mark of the NFCW teams...SEA...will the pass rush hold up? what is SF going to be on DEF? AZ...is Palmer truly the difference...are the Rams ready to take the next step?
I agree. The AFCN invented it. Bal and Pitt have strong running games and O lines are punishing... Good running games tough defenses and ability to spread the field mean victories imo...

NFCW copied the AFCN it's time for another AFCN super bowl win imo... Two teams are prepared and it isn't the Browns.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but I think even more so then pass rush is containing Wilson. You have to keep him in the pocket. Seattle gave up 40 sacks last year.

Imo the Ravens with Mosely smith Upshaw Dumervil and Suggs can contain him or arrests have a real shot. Baltimore is not a place west coast teams will shine in think 12th man in Seattle but blue collar and trashy. lol...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo the Ravens with Mosely smith Upshaw Dumervil and Suggs can contain him or arrests have a real shot. Baltimore is not a place west coast teams will shine in think 12th man in Seattle but blue collar and trashy. lol...
Totally agree I just couldn't allow myself to give love to any of your boys.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree I just couldn't allow myself to give love to any of your boys.
Ha haa

Funny thing is I like NE bc I'm a big BB fan... He grew up in my hometown and I lived across the road from his parents.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Ravens keep that OL together? To me Yanda is the superior player, but also older. Osemele is a great player but not at Yanda's level. However, he is younger. Tough choice if you need to choose between the two. That being said, the Ravens will have a much better cap situation next off season than what they did this one, as they won't have the nearly 20 million in dead money from the Rice and Ngata contracts. They could keep both!