• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: The Seattle Seahawks Thread

How Far Will the Seahawks Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every four days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others. Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

Last Year: The Seattle Seahawks Thread

This Year So Far:

1. The New England Patriots Thread
2. The Seattle Seahawks Thread

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, the Seahawks have been the best team in the league over the last 3 seasons. Almost all of the best players on the roster are young (Lynch probably the oldest at 29), and the QB still looks to be on a climb. Add in Jimmy Graham, and the O should stall out less in the red zone. They are the team to beat in '15, regardless of how things ended in the SB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle got stronger with the signing of Jimmy G. Draft IMHO was ok. That will be further defined after camps and into the pre-season games. But what Dallas did with potentially 3 first round talents for the price of one makes it hard for me not to pick them to go to the SB. I think the NFCW will be tougher this year (-) SF who on paper right now looks like they will suck? Because of a tougher SoS and division, I think GB gets HFA this year and either they or Dallas will beat Seattle in the dvisional game. Good luck none the less just my 2 cents worth.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seahawks look stronger then ever. Loved the off season additions. Bring on the season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle got stronger with the signing of Jimmy G. Draft IMHO was ok. That will be further defined after camps and into the pre-season games. But what Dallas did with potentially 3 first round talents for the price of one makes it hard for me not to pick them to go to the SB. I think the NFCW will be tougher this year (-) SF who on paper right now looks like they will suck? Because of a tougher SoS and division, I think GB gets HFA this year and either they or Dallas will beat Seattle in the dvisional game. Good luck none the less just my 2 cents worth.

Dallas does have a tremendous team and Romo is a very good QB but my only question is the running game. Yes their O-line is outstanding but losing a guy in Demarco Murray and replacing him with an oft injured Mcfadden is a head scratcher. Seattle adds Jimmy Graham while the core of the team still in place and an excellent draft to load up on depth, this team is primed for another run. I do agree Dallas and GB plus the Cards are the biggest threats but this Seahawks team I think is overall better from top to bottom.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys did some good things in the offseason. However I find it surprising they didn't grab a RB. Yes the offense line is good , but McFadden lasting the whole season is unlikely, after that it goes downhill. They basically just got beat out for which ever RBs they were hoping to get. Good luck with that. Old man Romo is another year older and Dez isn't happy. I like our chances.
As for GB, I'm not a fan of their stick to the draft and the draft only. It has put them in the hole talent wise and if they didn't have AR they would be nothing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys did some good things in the offseason. However I find it surprising they didn't grab a RB. Yes the offense line is good , but McFadden lasting the whole season is unlikely, after that it goes downhill. They basically just got beat out for which ever RBs they were hoping to get. Good luck with that. Old man Romo is another year older and Dez isn't happy. I like our chances.
As for GB, I'm not a fan of their stick to the draft and the draft only. It has put them in the hole talent wise and if they didn't have AR they would be nothing.
I would expect nothing less from you. I think the Pats are going to win the SB. Must really suck to be a team like Tampa when fans like us would be saying we got no effin chance.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect nothing less from you. I think the Pats are going to win the SB. Must really suck to be a team like Tampa when fans like us would be saying we got no effin chance.
You know me well.:suds:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Dallas' RB strategy. Most backs don't end up being worth that 2nd contract. I'll contend they got Murray's best years, and they got it on the cheap. Plus, Dallas has an excellent OL so it won't surprise me at all if a combo of McFadden & Randle is "good enough" to make up for most of what they lost in Murray. And if you're faced with having to pay big bucks to a WR or a RB, I think most of the time the WR is the better buy in the NFL of 2015.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dallas needed a RB. Sure it would have made them better, but only if you get the right guy. They have enough guys to throw against the wall and see if something sticks. Better to just add talent. Their arrow is pointing up, but not part of the elite just yet. Also, I think they are more vulnerable to a QB injury than most other good teams. Whether people want to give him his due or not, Romo is as good as all but a few QBs in this league but he is just so fragile looking nowadays and has seemingly had a huge injury every year lately. I just can't see having confidence in him playing 16 games with or without a great OL. Very worried about what happens if Tony gets hurt

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dallas needed a RB. Sure it would have made them better, but only if you get the right guy. They have enough guys to throw against the wall and see if something sticks. Better to just add talent. Their arrow is pointing up, but not part of the elite just yet. Also, I think they are more vulnerable to a QB injury than most other good teams. Whether people want to give him his due or not, Romo is as good as all but a few QBs in this league but he is just so fragile looking nowadays and has seemingly had a huge injury every year lately. I just can't see having confidence in him playing 16 games with or without a great OL. Very worried about what happens if Tony gets hurt

Good post.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the Cowboys are on the upswing, seems like the FO got smart. A shame they waited so long to do so. I think if I was a Cowboy fan, my biggest fear would be they waited to long to get smart and by the time theiy are elite talent wise, they'll need a QB.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo's dead cap going into 2015 is almost $46M.
I expect that to bite the Cowboys at some point.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo's dead cap going into 2015 is almost $46M.
I expect that to bite the Cowboys at some point.
How can he have dead cap $$ when he's still on the team?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can he have dead cap $$ when he's still on the team?
Sorry, I wasn't clear.
If for any reason Romo can't make the club, the amount of $ owed to Romo declines from roughly $46 M this year until his contract expires.
You are correct. As long as Tony is on the team, the dead cap amount is a moot point. At his age and injury history, it is my opinion the $46M constitutes a huge financial risk to the teams cap.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think The Cowboys will have a tougher go of it in the NFCE this year as I expect the Giants, Eagles, and Redskins to all have better seasons.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the idiot who voted will miss the playoffs

You can see who voted what by clicking on the total votes in any category on the poll.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those that picked win the SB still feel that confident given the hawks may have one of the all time worst offensive lines this season? :whistle: