• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So initially they said as soon as it was 9/9 anywhere in the world you would be able to play if you had purchased digitally and preloaded the game. But I guess they have changed their mind and now won't even be turning the severs on until midnight pst. So people on the East coast can go to midnight launches buy the game go home and still not be able to play.

I don't know that I would care normally, but right now I am so anxious for this game that it kinda pisses me off.

Apparently this is wrong too. Bungie has already turned the severs on. If you have an actual copy of the game anywhere in the world you can play it now. Those of us who pre-ordered through Sony or Microsoft though have to wait until midnight pst. And that has nothing to do with Activision or Bungie. It was completely a decision made by Sony. I have already pre downloaded the game but thinking about canceling the pre-order and just going to pick it up in store at midnight. Not because I care about 3 extra hours (2 after going through all the bullshit at the store and driving home again) but because I don't like supporting companies that do stupid shifty things to their customers.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I screwed myself on the beta rewards, cause I deleted the destiny beta cause it was taking up a bunch of room... oh well, I forgot about the rewards until I saw some stuff online about it earlier.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have the game yet?

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it only online like Titanfall?

Yep, I was at the very end of a tough solo level and the whole thing crashed, it only happened once though, so hopefully they have it handled. I didn't mind that I had to do that part over cause I was racking up a lot of xp points to level up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just played the early demo area before work. A really looking beautiful game

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking of picking it up for the PS3. No use upgrading to the PS4 just yet as teh borderlands prequel is PS3 only. Will get PS4 over the holiday season when better bundles are out.

How is Destiny? I'm thinking of getting that because it looks like BL1.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Destiny? I'm thinking of getting that because it looks like BL1.
Closer to Halo meets Mass Effect than BL1, imo. Titan is kinda like a Brick character, Hunter is kinda like a Mordecai character, Warlock is kinda like a Siren character so there is that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closer to Halo meets Mass Effect than BL1, imo. Titan is kinda like a Brick character, Hunter is kinda like a Mordecai character, Warlock is kinda like a Siren character so there is that.

My buddy and I that play online co-op are just always looking for a good co-op, online, free roam game. This sounds like one.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also....if you wanted to.... you and a "friend" (has to be on your friends list longer than 30 days) can share digital games on X1.

Since digital games have 2 "licenses". User and System....

You can set your xbox to his HOME xbox....and he does the same with you. Then you both can play whatever digital game is in each other's library... (DLC too).

You can also play it at the same time as the other person. :nod:

So say I buy Destiny (digitally) and he buys Halo (digitally)... we both get to play both games...but at half the cost. :suds:

/offtopic

Wish I could thumb this up more, gonna save so much money!

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I screwed myself on the beta rewards, cause I deleted the destiny beta cause it was taking up a bunch of room... oh well, I forgot about the rewards until I saw some stuff online about it earlier.

oh and btw, I still got my beta emblems.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destiny special emblems and shaders.

You have to go to bungie.com and register with your xbox live or PSN account and redeem these emblem codes.

7MM-VPD-MHP - Shader: Double Banshee

RXC-9XJ-4MH - Shader: Oracle 99

FJ9-LAM-67F Emblem: Binding Focus

JD7-4CM-HJG Emblem: Illusion of Light

JDT-NLC-JKM Emblem: Ab Aeterno

JNX-DMH-XLA Emblem: Field of Light

7CP-94V-LFP Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge

X4C-FGX-MX3 Emblem: Note of Conquest

7F9-767-F74 Emblem: Sign of The Finite

They have Grimoire card codes as well, but I don't care about any of those.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been having a blast playing so far. Tons of fun. Then i looked up news for destiny trying to see if they had announced their numbers yet and i see a bunch of negativity. I had the servers go down on me once, for half a second. I loaded into a pvp match, just as it started it kicked us all and i loaded into a new one. Other than that, the servers have been rock solid. I'm on PS4 though so my guess is Sony gave us the most sever love and maybe has the least load? I also see a couple people complaining that they "beat the game already and there is nothing to do." I have no idea as to what to even say to those people. I guess they just dont get it.

I've spent maybe 2 hours on the moon and in the new pvp types, most of my time has been spent in the same areas that were in the alpha and beta. And it's still fun.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been having a blast playing so far. Tons of fun. Then i looked up news for destiny trying to see if they had announced their numbers yet and i see a bunch of negativity. I had the servers go down on me once, for half a second. I loaded into a pvp match, just as it started it kicked us all and i loaded into a new one. Other than that, the servers have been rock solid. I'm on PS4 though so my guess is Sony gave us the most sever love and maybe has the least load? I also see a couple people complaining that they "beat the game already and there is nothing to do." I have no idea as to what to even say to those people. I guess they just dont get it.

I've spent maybe 2 hours on the moon and in the new pvp types, most of my time has been spent in the same areas that were in the alpha and beta. And it's still fun.

I saw the negativity earlier, it's mostly the younger gen that grew up w/ cod and don't know how to explore and actually play the game. I dig it though. It has a throwback game play feel with better graphics.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The internet just hates everything now. Destiny is solid. I'm actually enjoying the Moon more than the beta area.

You really have to play with the weapons you find. Uncommon gear is sooo much better than the Common gear.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The internet just hates everything now. Destiny is solid. I'm actually enjoying the Moon more than the beta area.

You really have to play with the weapons you find. Uncommon gear is sooo much better than the Common gear.

I guess it's cool to be a hater these days lol. You're right about the weapons though, I noticed that as well. I have a uncommon upgraded sniper rifle that's a 79 and the precision shot is 1895xp and I have a common sniper rifle with level 91 stock and it is around 1000 xp.