• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boooo! Did some reading on the game and it turns out you always have to be online to play it, even the solo parts. And while you can do the campaign solo, a good chunk of the story is made to be played with other people. Ugh. I hate playing with other people. I just want a straight offline solo campaign. It can have online co-op, versus modes, etc but it needs offline parts too. I don't want to be surrounded by annoying teenage fucktards every time I want to play a game.

You can complete the campaign missions alone. There will always be a few other players in the world with you (you can't talk to them unless you decide to join their fireteam). I played the beta and didn't hear any other players talk when I was completing missions alone.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boooo! Did some reading on the game and it turns out you always have to be online to play it, even the solo parts. And while you can do the campaign solo, a good chunk of the story is made to be played with other people. Ugh. I hate playing with other people. I just want a straight offline solo campaign. It can have online co-op, versus modes, etc but it needs offline parts too. I don't want to be surrounded by annoying teenage fucktards every time I want to play a game.

Amen. Any game that forces you to go multiplayer during the campaign mode can take a hike and won't get my $.

If Bungie is trying to build a new franchise, don't fuck it up by forcing multiplayer BS during the campaign down your throat. The solo campaign is what tells the story. Not repetitive multiplayer missions.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a major disappointment if they don't have solo missions. Sometimes I need me time. I'll still get the game tho, those graphics look too good.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really worried about the forced multiplayer too. I'm a grumpy old man these days who uses up the very last bits of my patience on my own kids. I have zero patience for other people and their stupidity. But I was pleasantly surprised by both the alpha and the beta. First of all the solo missions and solo parts of the game really did feel solo. There were (or could be) up to maybe 4-5 other players with you in an area but the way they did it, you truly felt alone. You couldn't communicate with them unless you chose to group up (I never did) but there were enough random people that you could find somebody to team up with if you had wanted. And truly to me all of the best most fun parts of the game were group content.

I would get the game just for the solo content. I had that much fun doing all of that in the A and B. But the world events and stuff that sometimes randomly happened and spawned special events that took several or all of the 4-5 people that were on that shard were tons of fun. It added a bit of story and a ton of excitement to the kind of monotony that is leveling up. And the 3 player strike mission that they showed I played through probably 15 times. Even in there though I didn't have any communication with the other players, and it really wasn't required.

I understand it's not for everyone. And I don't want to sound like I work for the company or anything like that. But my honest opinion (right now, maybe things will change once it does go live) is that if everything else about the game sounds good to you, but you don't like the forced multiplayer; I think you would actually really enjoy the game. The forcing me to play with other people went so far down on my list that I am almost not worried about that aspect at all.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and if you do that you can sign into any xbox and play it on your account.

Also....if you wanted to.... you and a "friend" (has to be on your friends list longer than 30 days) can share digital games on X1.

Since digital games have 2 "licenses". User and System....

You can set your xbox to his HOME xbox....and he does the same with you. Then you both can play whatever digital game is in each other's library... (DLC too).

You can also play it at the same time as the other person. :nod:

So say I buy Destiny (digitally) and he buys Halo (digitally)... we both get to play both games...but at half the cost. :suds:

/offtopic

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is that I got Destiny loaded now, bad news is that we still got 2 days left :gaah:

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have Destiny for Xbox One, I agree with much of the sentiment on solo play. However, if there's ever a laid back group of people here that just want to experience the game and not argue about trivial bullshit, which is essentially the downfall of many co-op multiplayer games, I'm on your bandwagon and my Xbox gamertag is TheWhaloAbides, that is all.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have Destiny for Xbox One, I agree with much of the sentiment on solo play. However, if there's ever a laid back group of people here that just want to experience the game and not argue about trivial bullshit, which is essentially the downfall of many co-op multiplayer games, I'm on your bandwagon and my Xbox gamertag is TheWhaloAbides, that is all.

Dang, I got PS4

DirrtyDerr is my PSN if anyone wants to add me.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, only sports game I play is NHL.

I'll consider getting Destiny for PS4 additionally to play with you, no homo. In actuality, I could get NHL 15 for PS4 because my Xbox friends have no interest in hockey. We could work that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll consider getting Destiny for PS4 additionally to play with you, no homo. In actuality, I could get NHL 15 for PS4 because my Xbox friends have no interest in hockey. We could work that way.

That'd be cool, but I wouldn't get NHL 15 unless you're a real fanboy (like I am). From what I'm reading, NHL 15 has been really stripped down this year. Whatever you decide to do, my PSN is DirrtyDerr, feel free to add me :suds:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also....if you wanted to.... you and a "friend" (has to be on your friends list longer than 30 days) can share digital games on X1.

Since digital games have 2 "licenses". User and System....

You can set your xbox to his HOME xbox....and he does the same with you. Then you both can play whatever digital game is in each other's library... (DLC too).

You can also play it at the same time as the other person. :nod:

So say I buy Destiny (digitally) and he buys Halo (digitally)... we both get to play both games...but at half the cost. :suds:

/offtopic
Can you confirm this? I've actually been looking into this lately and haven't found anything conclusive.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting Destiny for ps4 as well. I think my screen name here is the same as my ps4 name. I don't really know how to add friends and stuff on there, I play alone 99.9% of the time. But if they are gonna make me group, I at least don't want to hear the squeaky voices of a teenager.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting Destiny for ps4 as well. I think my screen name here is the same as my ps4 name. I don't really know how to add friends and stuff on there, I play alone 99.9% of the time. But if they are gonna make me group, I at least don't want to hear the squeaky voices of a teenager.

I'll add you dude :suds:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more day!

Monday is going to be such a long day, but I got Tuesday off so it'll be totally worth it!

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you confirm this? I've actually been looking into this lately and haven't found anything conclusive.

Should be able to let you know later this week...

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So initially they said as soon as it was 9/9 anywhere in the world you would be able to play if you had purchased digitally and preloaded the game. But I guess they have changed their mind and now won't even be turning the severs on until midnight pst. So people on the East coast can go to midnight launches buy the game go home and still not be able to play.

I don't know that I would care normally, but right now I am so anxious for this game that it kinda pisses me off.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre ordered at Gamestop, traded in Battlefield 4 and Black Ops 2, got $52 bucks for both and it almost paid for Destiny, gonna be pwning some noobs tonight. lol