• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the negativity earlier, it's mostly the younger gen that grew up w/ cod and don't know how to explore and actually play the game. I dig it though. It has a throwback game play feel with better graphics.

I think this is it. Most free roam games get hammered by kids used to the limited "drag you along" games. I hate taht shit, all you do is pull the trigger the entire time. These are the same people that have the cheat guide open with all the maps and a walkthrough on youtube running so they can hurry up and get through the game. Takes all the fun out of it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's cool to be a hater these days lol. You're right about the weapons though, I noticed that as well. I have a uncommon upgraded sniper rifle that's a 79 and the precision shot is 1895xp and I have a common sniper rifle with level 91 stock and it is around 1000 xp.

this is sounding like BL. Alright, I'll have to go out and get it.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's BL? Boarder lands?

To me this game is a mix of, Halo, Mass Effect, and Borderlands mixed into one.

BL is borderlands...yeah.

And that's about how the game feels to me. Those 3 rolled in to a big ball.
Hell, the "ghost" is "guilty spark"...

The 1 complaint I have about the game (and its the same I had at the beta...) is the voice acting for the Ghost. It seems so bland and out of place at times.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1 complaint I have about the game (and its the same I had at the beta...) is the voice acting for the Ghost. It seems so bland and out of place at times.
Yeah, I keep on thinking I have Tyrion following me around. They couldn't have used a female voice, though, because Borderlands and really Destiny is what Borderlands always wanted to be if you remember the original trailer.

I think the gameplay is more fun than Borderlands. The enemy patterns are a bit more varied and the terrain is a bigger deal. Regenerating health is nice but its no Fight For Your Life.

Playing as a Titan is really fun because you have a fat amount of health and you feel in control about 90% of the time but if you ever get surprised, the slow Health Regen and foot speed really traps you into your decisions. I like using an Auto Rifle as the primary and a Sniper Rifle as the secondary (for initial volleys before swapping into the primary) The Shotgun is a bit redundant but the one I have now is my best weapon so...Im using a Shotgun for now. I think if I was one of the other two classes, Id use a Scout Rifle.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea about the emblems and shaders. Not really a huge fan of either shader but Ill probably pick an emblem when I play again

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really enjoying it. The PvP is great and there is tons to explore in campaign worlds. Strike missions are also fun. Not sure why some people are hating on the game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really enjoying it. The PvP is great and there is tons to explore in campaign worlds. Strike missions are also fun. Not sure why some people are hating on the game.
Honestly, I think its people fighting to save their online community. A game like Destiny is going to pull people from Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Titanfall, Final Fantasy and more while cockblocking games like Borderlands and Halo.

I also think there is a second subset of people that think video games are art and hate first person shooters with a passion. They can have their Last of Us and Journey as far as Im concerned.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it is all about finding a good gun. I'm a warlock, and I just switched to my advanced class to try this out. The scout rifle is my favorite, but at level 6 I found a green Auto rifle that slowed down and did more damage while scoped in. It was absolutely the best of both worlds. I used it until level 12 and then replaced it, and put it in my vault for new characters I may make. Then i went and got it back out and used to level 14. Right now I'm using a rare hand cannon and this thing sure knocks things on their ass. It does semi ok at range but you really gotta get up a little closer than I want.

As a warlock with a scout rifle though I have huge problems with the swarms of 8-10 thralls. Everything else I'm pretty ok on. Maybe I should try a good pulse rifle for that though?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a warlock with a scout rifle though I have huge problems with the swarms of 8-10 thralls. Everything else I'm pretty ok on. Maybe I should try a good pulse rifle for that though?
Really thats what the Titan is made for. The auto rifle chews threw them and either grenade type is exceptionally useful. I hate wasting the L1-R1 special on swarms but its there as a last resort. The Titan can also absorb melee hits which is pretty useful...melee does a ton of damage in this game.

I'm only at level 8 but far and away the most annoying thing for the Titan is a Wizard if only because of their poison clouds and shields.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guise, I think this may be one of the best forum threads we've had here. lol

iv0tq1rMB346F.gif

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'm the old man noob I guess...how the FUCK do I get out of solo mode? I can't invite a buddy because it says I'm in solo mode

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok figured it out. Beat that first stupid little level. Guess there is no tutorial? This isn't good for the older gamer :L

I've never player WoW or anything, so this could be interesting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, this game is pretty decent. Haven't figured out the point of being able to see other players if you can't interact with them (yet at least), but I can see how addictive it could be.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, this game is pretty decent. Haven't figured out the point of being able to see other players if you can't interact with them (yet at least), but I can see how addictive it could be.
If you hit Up on the Dpad, you wave and if you hit Left, you point. I figure that covers about 90% of what you need to say although Ill admit that I havent had any fireteams outside of my friends

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you hit Up on the Dpad, you wave and if you hit Left, you point. I figure that covers about 90% of what you need to say although Ill admit that I havent had any fireteams outside of my friends

You can pick up some decent players in the strike missions.

FYI- the strike mission on the moon is a bitch you better be level 13+ and have good weapons. Knights and Wizards everywhere, and this cyclops thing shoots lazers out of his eye.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I managed to play through the whole game solo. Did do the auto groups on all of the strike missions, but I can't even figure out if those people can hear me talking to them or not. I never heard anyone talking to me, but I'm not sure what percentage of people have headphones and mics.

I tried my first daily heroic mission or whatever last night, they just assign you one of the random missions, but make it all level 20. For me they "randomly" picked the one mission that I died about 10 times before completing it on normal. I couldn't do it at all on level 20. If that is my only mission for the day i am going to have to put together a fire team for it I guess. Only other mission I had too much trouble with was the last mission, and that would have been cake if I had stayed a normal void walker or whatever warlock instead of this sunsinger crap. I ended up having to just kite for probably 45 minutes, and for the last 25 minutes literally every 90 seconds or so if I had screwed up once it would have been a restart.

I'm still having a blast though, been sacrificing a lot of sleep to the game during the week while the kids are at their moms. Probably won't play at all this weekend.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pick up some decent players in the strike missions.

FYI- the strike mission on the moon is a bitch you better be level 13+ and have good weapons. Knights and Wizards everywhere, and this cyclops thing shoots lazers out of his eye.

Hardest strike I found by far was on Mars. It's level 18 I believe and even with everyone 20 or higher this thing was a bitch. Final boss is two named psions they are smaller than player size, move at least player speed or maybe faster, run around constantly, and have huge shields that regenerate extremely quickly. And if that wasn't bad enough they spawn in phalanxes, which are huge aliens that lug around shields and around re invulnerable if you hit the shield so you gotta hit fingertips or toes and make them drop the shield for a second so you can load up on headshots. And luckily for me, the phalanxes and the bosses could both one shot me.

That strike actually ended up being kinda cool as we came together and found our rhythm at the end. Started out really rough though.