• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers interested in Shumpert. Of course they are. They are interested in every free agent and their mothers!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree lakersrule. Word is before this guy got in trouble off the court which got him thrown out of school, he was prognosticated to be first round talent. If I was Mitch, I go after a guy like D. Jordon and develop this Upshaw guy. D. Jordon is not going to cost us what LA will and the two of these guys plus Tariq Black and Sacre, that's a pretty solid front court plus back-ups.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what though? He's been a 2 all his career. He doesn't have the strength, size, or vertical to complete with the bigger SFs.

I know, not an ideal situation, but if you don't move him to the 3, then you sit Clarkson, have him run with the 2nd unit? Also, not ideal, unless you bring in a FA small forward. You can't sit Russell, you don't draft a guy 2nd with the intention of bringing him off the bench.

I definitely won't disagree with your reasoning, but I was trying to figure a way to have all 3 on the floor at once.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't get excited to see a Lakers lineup that's better than what they put on the court most of last season, that's your issue I guess. This is a real glimpse into the future of the franchise.

I'm excited to see these guys play. Would be really nice to see some of these guys play well and contribute.

I feel that this is a really nice core of young guys, should be fun!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan wants a max deal, Retro.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DJ. This is exactly what I thought the Lakers would do. There is a report to follow that the Lakers are attempting to sign both LA AND Deandre Jordon. They just might pull this off. What might come is perhaps they will ask Kobe to re-structure his contract. They are starting with Nick Young but as the article states, there is not much of a market. Maybe the Buss family are finally turning Mitch loose. Man, that would be awesome if they got both of them.

Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan | ProBasketballTalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DJ. This is exactly what I thought the Lakers would do. There is a report to follow that the Lakers are attempting to sign both LA AND Deandre Jordon. They just might pull this off. What might come is perhaps they will ask Kobe to re-structure his contract. They are starting with Nick Young but as the article states, there is not much of a market. Maybe the Buss family are finally turning Mitch loose. Man, that would be awesome if they got both of them.

Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan | ProBasketballTalk

Deandre Jordan might finally get his championship :lol:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't get excited to see a Lakers lineup that's better than what they put on the court most of last season, that's your issue I guess. This is a real glimpse into the future of the franchise.

Being excited to see them play is different from actually taking any meaning whatsoever from the games. Have fun with it. That's why they started airing them. But don't think it has any bearing, positive or negative, on the upcoming season or long term future of the franchise. It's not designed to. It's Summer League, a glorified try out barnstorming tour. It has less significance than preseason games and preseason games hold little sway because teams don't run their full offense in preseason.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw this on Twitter, is this even possible? I'd shit a golden egg if we get both & I'd take a picture to prove it!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Louie, it is possible but both FAs are going to have to reduce their demands a tad and Kobe may have to chip in a few million with a re-structure of sorts. If Aldridge does not budge from a max demand and bulks, they'll go after Monore and get both Monroe and D. Jordon. This is a very interesting development and I know Mitch is going to make this happen and still keep Clarkson, Russell, and Randle intact.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Louie, it is possible but both FAs are going to have to reduce their demands a tad and Kobe may have to chip in a few million with a re-structure of sorts. If Aldridge does not budge from a max demand and bulks, they'll go after Monore and get both Monroe and D. Jordon. This is a very interesting development and I know Mitch is going to make this happen and still keep Clarkson, Russell, and Randle intact.

This is freakin' awesome!!! Keeping Clarkson, Russell, and Randle is vital, IMO!!

Get us 2 nice bigs?!
:hammer:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree Louie. If Mitch pulls this off we will be a different ballclub from last year for sure.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be mistaken, but I thought Kobe has played SF before.

it may not be ideal, but I think he is suited for it.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be mistaken, but I thought Kobe has played SF before.

it may not be ideal, but I think he is suited for it.

Not sure I can agree more!! :agree:

I think if we get Monroe/LMA and DJ, Kobe has to play the 3, unless he wants to come off the bench! :pound: