• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I have no problem watching this team rebuild and grow organically. I just hope they don't make any panic moves, such as trade all the youth for Cousins, if they don't land the big fish this summer.

I'm quite surprised the team has a meeting planned with Love though. But I don't have any high hopes on getting him, or Jordan and Aldridge for that matter.

Worst case scenario is we get Hill back and hope he does well with Randle in the front court!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite surprised the team has a meeting planned with Love though. But I don't have any high hopes on getting him, or Jordan and Aldridge for that matter.

Worst case scenario is we get Hill back and hope he does well with Randle in the front court!

I'd rather see Davis back than Hill. Sounds like more teams are interested in Davis than Hill which could drive his price up a little too high.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love just signed a 5 year 110 million dollar contract to stay with the Cavs. In all honesty, I don't think the Lakers are going to land anybody in free agency that's going to make a difference unless it's Greg Monroe, so with that, I look for them to have another re-building season in '15-'16. LaMarcus Aldridge is going to sign with San Antonio and I don't think L Jord is worth throwing tons of dollars at. This is why I thought they should have taken Jahlil Okafor and built the team around him. Just an opinion here!

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....I mean D Jord.

I thought maybe you were playing mad scientist and was trying to create a hybrid big - Lamarcus Jordan :)

Anyways I thought the drafting of Russell was a good move by the Lakers because I was thinking it looked like it was easier for the Lakers to draft Russell and get a big in FA versus drafting Okafor and getting a guard in FA

but as I said n my earlier post drafting of Russell depends on what Lakers do in free agency and if they don't land a big it could put a shadow on the drafting of Russell

Have to also see how Ruseell plays - if he looks like a star in the making the Russell vs. Okafor could be a moot point

Still early yet in FA so anything can happen

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting ugly. they are waiting on lamarcus. which likely means if he goes elsewhere they miss on jordan, monroe etc

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about that Trojanfight. The Lakers are in year three of a five-year rebuild. So I like their approach and some of these guys are getting gobs of ridiculous money. Better to find the guy that really wants to play for this rebuild then somebody just looking to score big bucks.

I think Aldridge is headed to either the Suns or Spurs and D. Jordon is probably going across the hall. Love is already headed back to Cleveland for an unbelievable sum of money. So even if we sign noone, we have a kid at the center position that just maybe the next Whiteside. So, if D. Jordon signs, great. If not, I'll be here next October for sure!

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are runing out of top end talent to go after. If they lose LA and then lose out on MOnore and Jordan this off season is a failure. All the cap space in the world and no takers.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Striking out this season could be big. Durant in 2016. But no splash this season makes that unlikely. Let's hope randle or Russell have a breakout year

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't find a big that is above average than the Lakers passing up Okafor is just bad.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
won't throw in the towel just yet. but this was supposed to be the year they got back in playoffs...pretty high chance this is another lottery team going into next year. and pick is only top 3 protected. are the lakers becoming the raiders...is kobe bryant lakers version of charles woodson?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Upshaw impresses we may not need a big, we saw guys like Gobert and Whiteside get the job done off of pure athletic ability alone last year. Upshaw could be another one of those guys, he's got the wingspan of a Pterodactyl.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to calm down. It's been less than 24 hours since free agency started and the team has so far talked to ONE player...

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand there's more going on in LA, but come on people, trying to win basketball games here, not sign guys to get acting contracts! :noidea:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to calm down. It's been less than 24 hours since free agency started and the team has so far talked to ONE player...

I tend to agree, but our options are dwindling, quickly.

Love re signed with CLE
Tyson signs with PHX
LMA more and more looks like he's going to San Antonio

We have DJ and Monroe left for bigger FA, I think we NEEED 1 of these guys. IMO, both are long shots.