• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday CL67.

Yep, Tuesday is part 1, see if the Lakers keep the top 5 pick or not. Once they know that, then it's about who they can get, wherever they end up.

According to Mitch, they are trying to prepare for every contingency, including falling out of the top 5. It's looking like the Lakers could have 3 first round picks and Mitch says that means they need to be "well-versed in the entire draft class." He also said they could bring as many as 80 players to L.A. for workouts.

Apparently, at the combine, he and Ryan West interviewed top picks like Willie Cauley-Stein, D'Angelo Russell and Justice Winslow while Jim Buss and the rest of the scouting staff evaluated drills.

Trading picks is apparently something the Lakers will look into as well according to Mitch:

We know having a pick in the lottery is an asset and with an asset like a pick you can use it to select a player, you could use it in combination to move up or down. You could trade it for an established player. We have a lot of financial flexibility this summer, so we don't have to move players out to take a player back. We have a lot of options if we're lucky enough to end up with the pick.

Mitch on fans patience:

I think our fans understand the last year or two. I think they're impatient. We're impatient. Now that the two seasons are behind us, I think it's exciting.

And for a little "feel good fluff." Willie Cauley-Stein on the Lakers:

They're the Lakers, man. They're going to get to the top somehow.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are welcome CL67! Yep TJF12. This could be a very important and pivotal draft and year of FA for the Lakers as they take the next step in building this team as Kobe says goodbye. Many new and familiar scenarios are developing and I am excited to see how Mitch and the Busses mold this team into a potential contender much the same the way the Logo has developed and molded the Warriors.

That team up north was a five-year project in the making and the Logo has pulled it off again much the same way he did in Memphis and with the Lakers. The Warriors are poised to win it all as they enter the Western Conference Finals. Perhaps Mitch will do the same with the core he has now and the players he brings in this year. It continues on Tuesday with the decision as to whether we keep that top five or fade to a lower selecting spot. It should be fun to see how the Lakers fare. Stay tuned...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Tuesday is part 1, see if the Lakers keep the top 5 pick or not. Once they know that, then it's about who they can get, wherever they end up.

According to Mitch, they are trying to prepare for every contingency, including falling out of the top 5. It's looking like the Lakers could have 3 first round picks and Mitch says that means they need to be "well-versed in the entire draft class." He also said they could bring as many as 80 players to L.A. for workouts.

Apparently, at the combine, he and Ryan West interviewed top picks like Willie Cauley-Stein, D'Angelo Russell and Justice Winslow while Jim Buss and the rest of the scouting staff evaluated drills.

Trading picks is apparently something the Lakers will look into as well according to Mitch:

Mitch on fans patience:

And for a little "feel good fluff." Willie Cauley-Stein on the Lakers:

Three? What's he got up his sleeve? I know we got Houston's pick and maybe our own, but what's the other one? Best I can figure he's possibly suckered someone into trading a 1st rounder for someone on the roster (no one is worth that) or maybe he's thinking of trading down if they land #4 or #5 (some team trades 2 firsts to move up).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three? What's he got up his sleeve? I know we got Houston's pick and maybe our own, but what's the other one? Best I can figure he's possibly suckered someone into trading a 1st rounder for someone on the roster (no one is worth that) or maybe he's thinking of trading down if they land #4 or #5 (some team trades 2 firsts to move up).

:L My bad. Should have said 3 picks overall. There may be 2 first round picks (the lottery pick and pick #27) then they also have the #34 pick which would be early 2nd round.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L My bad. Should have said 3 picks overall. There may be 2 first round picks (the lottery pick and pick #27) then they also have the #34 pick which would be early 2nd round.

Ah, got ya. Thought I missed a deal somewhere. I wonder if Mitch is planning on dealing #27 and #34 to try to move up if we whiff on the Top 5 pick. It's really his only thing of value to try to work with

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, got ya. Thought I missed a deal somewhere. I wonder if Mitch is planning on dealing #27 and #34 to try to move up if we whiff on the Top 5 pick. It's really his only thing of value to try to work with

From the article that I read, it looks like anything, even the lottery pick (assuming they get it) is possible to be used to improve the team. It could mean using a combo of picks and maybe a player or 2 (the Lakers have a couple of guys who could be of value) to get an established player or to get a different pick. They could use all 3 picks on players and try to make a trade package later. There are a ton of possibilities. It's going to be a very interesting off-season and I'm sure the rumors are going start going nuts about 30 seconds after the finals ends.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frikin Clip joint can't get out of the first or second rounds in the west. They don't have any right to demand that the Lakers' banners be covered when they play home games at Staples. They haven't earned that demand. It starts with that whack job HC Rivers and his green ties to the Celtics.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frikin Clip joint can't get out of the first or second rounds in the west. They don't have any right to demand that the Lakers' banners be covered when they play home games at Staples. They haven't earned that demand. It starts with that whack job HC Rivers and his green ties to the Celtics.

feel the exact same way. maybe the new owner has a brain and moves those guys to Orange county like they should've in the beginning. hell, i hear Seattle is looking for a basketball team too...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11261809_1594780694127603_8473274282477071220_n.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, I understand the point, but I don't have an issue with them covering up the Lakers banners for their home games. As a Lakers fan, I don't want to see any Clippers stuff during Lakers games and I'm sure Clippers fans feel the same way about the Lakers.

I do agree with CL though, Ballmer should move them to Anaheim. That city begged them to come to the Honda Center when they moved from San Diego to the Sports Arena. Never understood why they wanted to be in the Lakers shadow.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I understand the point, but I don't have an issue with them covering up the Lakers banners for their home games. As a Lakers fan, I don't want to see any Clippers stuff during Lakers games and I'm sure Clippers fans feel the same way about the Lakers.

I do agree with CL though, Ballmer should move them to Anaheim. That city begged them to come to the Honda Center when they moved from San Diego to the Sports Arena. Never understood why they wanted to be in the Lakers shadow.

Keep them in Staples. They're kinda paying rent to the Lakers in a round about way. AEG still owns Staples and I think they still own close to 30% of the Lakers. I like the idea of the Clippers paying rent to sleep in the Lakers' basement.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep them in Staples. They're kinda paying rent to the Lakers in a round about way. AEG still owns Staples and I think they still own close to 30% of the Lakers. I like the idea of the Clippers paying rent to sleep in the Lakers' basement.

Well, since you put it that way, :agree:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as usual, the rumors continue. Now the supposed hot property the Lakers are fighting over along with the Mavs, Knicks, Griz, and Spurs is of course Marc Gasol reported by Yahoo Sports. Perhaps Pau will want to return to play with his brother. Just saying.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau isn't a free agent until 2017, at which point he'll be 37. Don't forsee a return to LA for him unfortunately.