• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal with Rondo is, despite everyone calling him a cancer, for the first time in his career it will be his choice on what team he plays for. If he decides he doesn't like the style B.Scott plays, he simply won't sign the contract in free agency. He never got that choice in Dallas so his heart was never really in it.

And let's be honest, even at $10m a year he'll still be better than Nash was for the team (barring major injury of course)
Not necessarily - Rondo has had injuries before, but I do like the chances with him better - if we can get him for less than 10 million a year and for no more than two years or three. Perhaps 3 years/26 million. He would be a good starter player that would get the Lakers going

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal with Rondo is, despite everyone calling him a cancer, for the first time in his career it will be his choice on what team he plays for. If he decides he doesn't like the style B.Scott plays, he simply won't sign the contract in free agency. He never got that choice in Dallas so his heart was never really in it.

And let's be honest, even at $10m a year he'll still be better than Nash was for the team (barring major injury of course)

That's not entirely true. He signed an extension with Boston a few years back, one that was actually more favorable to the Celts, so he chose to stay. He could have declined and entered free agency. And despite that, he remained just as ornery as ever.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not entirely true. He signed an extension with Boston a few years back, one that was actually more favorable to the Celts, so he chose to stay. He could have declined and entered free agency. And despite that, he remained just as ornery as ever.

Yes, that was in 2009, having just come off a championship. He was promised to be an important part of the teams future.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the rumors about the Lakers giving a max contract first for Love and then Rondo, now the Lakers are included in the rumors cesspool for a max contract for Jimmy Butler. It seems the pundits get their collective selves worked into a lather over the perceived need for them to dictate to billionaires who the billionaires should spend their money on. Jimmy Butler is the latest FA to be whom the Lakers are so-called "gearing-up" to offer a max contract to so that we become the next champion. Personally, I'm getting a tad burned-out on all of this and would rather wait to see what transpires than offer a guess.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the rumors about the Lakers giving a max contract first for Love and then Rondo, now the Lakers are included in the rumors cesspool for a max contract for Jimmy Butler. It seems the pundits get their collective selves worked into a lather over the perceived need for them to dictate to billionaires who the billionaires should spend their money on. Jimmy Butler is the latest FA to be whom the Lakers are so-called "gearing-up" to offer a max contract to so that we become the next champion. Personally, I'm getting a tad burned-out on all of this and would rather wait to see what transpires than offer a guess.

:lol: I'm sure that by the time we actually get to FA, the Lakers will be rumored to be offering max contracts to pretty much everyone.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree TJF12. Freakin' people drive me nuts sometimes with all of their prognostications based on ether and the greater heavens above, I guess.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you complaining about? Butler is worth the money and would be a fantastic addition (probably better than Love and most certainly better than Rondo). The Bulls will probably match any offer but its worth pursuing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It self explanatory Turkey, or do you need that explained to you as well? Sometimes I think you either have a reading comprehension problem or you are flat-out retarded.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It self explanatory Turkey, or do you need that explained to you as well? Sometimes I think you either have a reading comprehension problem or you are flat-out retarded.

What crawled up your ass? Chill out. What's to complain about that story? It's the offseason, what else is there for the Lakers beat to cover? You should be thrilled the Lakers could even have an outside shot at a player like Jimmy Butler.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep asking retarded questions like this and you'll get similar responses. Once again, I believe you have learning disability and reading comprehension problem. You have missed the gist of the first post and you continue to miss the rest. Go back and read the first post because your responses prove you didn't understand the first post.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep asking retarded questions like this and you'll get similar responses. Once again, I believe you have learning disability and reading comprehension problem. You have missed the gist of the first post and you continue to miss the rest. Go back and read the first post because your responses prove you didn't understand the first post.

Or you could stop being a jerk for no reason and just talk. Get over yourself

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical self-proclamation from you. Let me get this straight. I post a thought of which you miss the point. You post two rude posts about how I am complaining and sech and then you have the balls to tell me to stop being a jerk and to get over myself. LOL! Once again, I now believe with out a doubt, you have reading comprehension issue and a learning disability you should get tested.