• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: The Dallas Cowboys Thread

How Far Will the Dallas Cowboys Go in 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking more teammates get tired of answering questions that only pertain to one player and nothing really to do with play on the field. Again more my concern is not for this year but for next with having a lot of personality in that lockerroom. It can definitely be a good thing as the players can feed off each other in a positive way but it can also feed negatively as well. Again I expect Dallas to win the division and be a huge player in the playoffs this year.

I get what you're saying, I just think the Cowboys are better equipped to deal with a circus than most. If things start to get too hot I'm sure Jerry will say or do something stupid to deflect all the attention back in his direction.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have anything to add? Or are we just supposed to take your word for it? After all you're always spot on with your predictions:doh:
Actually I've been correct 95% of the time.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past they were a bit of a mess in the locker room but they have it under control now with Witten, Dez and Romo leading the way.

:eek:

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that as long as Garett is there and has the support of Steven Jones the Cowboys will be relevent for years. Garett is nobody's fool and he is not building a team he is building a culture in which a team can flourish. Garett is a smart cookie and the Jones boys know it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot going on in Dallas. Some good and some that could go really bad. It all depends how you look at it. Such as with the pass rush having Lawrence, Greg Hardy, and Randy Gregory that could be a very good unit. At the same time there is a lot of potential for chaos as well with suspensions, injuries, and so much more.

Lockerroom wise is where I worry about the Cowboys. They have taken on some of the bigger personality players at this time. If they can keep that in control then I could see huge things for the Cowboys. They definitely have the pieces to compete with any team in the league. The coaching staff though and how they handle all of this will go a long ways into them either being a huge success or completely being destroyed from the inside.

I would also say they have taken on some guys with some major red flags in the injury department. Sean Lee when healthy is one of the best in the league at his position. Can he stay healthy though? Romo is in that same boat. When healthy he is a top-5 QB in this league. McFadden could have a break out year but he is also one that could get injured week one and be on the bench most of the season. Hard to tell which way this team is going to go. It would surprise me one bit to see them picking top-10 but it wouldn't surprise me to see them finish as one of the top teams in the league.
All good points. It can't be overemphasized how important the locker room and team chemistry are. The Cowboys have a tough schedule I believe. I don't put much stock in SoS at this time of the year. Cowboys are the perfect example. Prior to the start of last season they rated tge 18th most difficult. By the end of the year based on opponent records it was the easiest.
Winning cures a lot that ails you. If they struggle it could be a rough year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess. You just make shit up as you go?
I'll say it again. I don't put much stock in it. There are multiple sources that predict SoS. The first one I Googled tonight was "nfl 2015 strength of schedule" cbssports.com was the first one. They show Cowboys oppoents had a combined schedule of 114-142 for a .445 lowest in the NFL.
Sorry hate the game, not the poster.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again. I don't put much stock in it. There are multiple sources that predict SoS. The first one I Googled tonight was "nfl 2015 strength of schedule" cbssports.com was the first one. They show Cowboys oppoents had a combined schedule of 114-142 for a .445 lowest in the NFL.
Sorry hate the game, not the poster.

That's why I deleted my post. I had read the preseason guess. You win this time.:suds:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the 2015 season for the Dallas Cowboys...

First and foremost, Dallas is highly dependent on good health from some key players. This is true for all teams, but Dallas has not had the greatest of luck over the past few years dealing with injuries. The Cowboys could really use full healthy seasons from Sean Lee, Rolando McClain, Tyrone Crawford, Demarcus Lawrence, Darren McFadden and, most importantly, Tony Romo. Of course everyone needs to be healthy, but these guys have additional concern attached, and all figure to play key roles in 2015.

The draft class looks to be very talented -- let's see if they can translate that to on field success. I have high hopes that La'el Collins will be a player year one, likely supplanting Ron Leary as the starting LG. Dallas has had major contributions from rookies along the O-line in 3 of the past 4 years, I look for Collins to continue that trend. Jones and Gregory will probably take a little seasoning, but I think both will steadily improve as the year progresses -- no question they both have the tools to get the job done. The rest of the draft class looks pretty solid and should provide good depth in time.

Running Back is an interesting position going into training camp. Joseph Randle is talented and showed very well in a limited roll last year, but dammit if this guy isn't an idiot who doesn't know when to shut up. I think eventually Randle is going to talk his way out of a job, JMO. Darren McFadden is the X-factor in my opinion, if he is healthy and still has some of that speed that made him a top pick, then he may end up surprising a lot of people this year. He will have huge lanes to run through, and if he still has that speed, the home run potential is immense. Ryan Williams is an unknown at this point.

The pass rush looks to be in much better shape going into 2015. Demarcus Lawrence figures to be a big part of the D-Line going forward, he showed some major signs of life in Dallas' two playoff games after spending most of the season rehabilitating a foot injury. Tyrone Crawford figures to be improved as he continues to gain experience, but even more importantly he will be another year removed from an achilles rupture. I expect to see improved explosion from Crawford, who was often just a step too slow last year to get to the QB. Randy Gregory should bring some energy and athleticism to the D-Line on obvious passing downs, but I don't expect a lot out of him this year as he really needs to add some weight and strength. The biggest addition to this line will be Greg Hardy, and when he is reinstated I expect big things out of him. The word out of practice about Hardy's work ethic is very encouraging, he should be ready to go when he is allowed back on the field. I am betting his suspension will be significantly reduced down to 3-6 games. Jeremy Mincey will be very good depth. The entire D-Line looks to take a massive leap forward.

If Sean Lee and Rolando McClain can stay healthy for an entire season, these two teamed with Anthony Hitchens will make for one of the very best 4-3 LB trios in the league -- 'nough said.

The secondary still needs work, but with an improved pass rush they should be exposed less often. I think Byron Jones helps the Cowboys most as a FS, but we will see how it plays out on the field.

Tony Romo gets an off season to rest! For the first time in a few years Romo will not have to deal with surgery or rehabbing one of his various injuries. I expect a performance on par with his last few years -- which is pretty damned good.

All in all, there is a lot of reason for optimism as a Cowboy fan -- I'm excited! With good health this team figures to be a threat to make a deep post season run. There are a few "measuring stick" games on the Cowboys schedule this year, so we will see what they are made of pretty early on. I'm looking forward to doubling down on the Seahawks this year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that as long as Garett is there and has the support of Steven Jones the Cowboys will be relevent for years. Garett is nobody's fool and he is not building a team he is building a culture in which a team can flourish. Garett is a smart cookie and the Jones boys know it.
I agree, he has had a positive impact on the team and has them headed in the right direction.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, he has had a positive impact on the team and has them headed in the right direction.
Yep...with health the talent is there. I think the difference maker this year is coaching with the best sense of "team" attitude throughout the locker room in years if not decades. Tip of the cap to Garrett.

Reactions: GNG

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas looks to me to be about the 3rd best team in the NFC behind Seattle and GB, so I say Div Round is probably how far they get if I have to guess it right now. I don't think losing Murray will end up being that big of a headline on the coming season, but I'm still not sold they have the defensive chops to get to the SB.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas offensively will be fine... Defense is the key to how far they actually get....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is going to suffer for letting DeMarco go, shoot they didn't even draft a decent replacement, DMC is all ready getting dinged up. Talk about putting the theory that a good OL can make do with who ever. This is not going to go well for the Cowboys. Going hurt the defense, that actual over achieved last year, that's thanks to a clock chewing offense. Now the offense is back to Romo making things go, no more chewing up the clock with a great RB and great OL.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is going to suffer for letting DeMarco go, shoot they didn't even draft a decent replacement, DMC is all ready getting dinged up. Talk about putting the theory that a good OL can make do with who ever. This is not going to go well for the Cowboys. Going hurt the defense, that actual over achieved last year, that's thanks to a clock chewing offense. Now the offense is back to Romo making things go, no more chewing up the clock with a great RB and great OL.

Before last year, no one in the league thought of Murray as a "great RB". Then he gets behind the completed OL that we have now and leads the league in rushing.

We won't have anyone go for 1800 by themselves, but it isn't like he was Barry Sanders behind a shit line. I'll even go as far as to propose an avy bet to the first to take it...sport the new avy for the entire NFL post season. Dallas will have a RB who by himself runs for more yards than Demarco this year. I have no idea who it will be, but someone will.

Who wants a piece of the action?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I'll give the Dallas OL much more credit than you are. Randle behind that line will be a FF stud at RB, and will make up most of the yards you are saying won't be there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll give the Dallas OL much more credit than you are. Randle behind that line will be a FF stud at RB, and will make up most of the yards you are saying won't be there.
He'll be OK, not a stud and god knows he could end up in hot water, just basing that on his history and the believe that people, like scorpions have their nature. A reference to the scorpion and frog saying.