• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: The Dallas Cowboys Thread

How Far Will the Dallas Cowboys Go in 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every four days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others. Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

Last Year: The Dallas Cowboys Thread

This Year So Far:

1. The New England Patriots Thread
2. The Seattle Seahawks Thread
3. The Indianapolis Colts Thread
4. The Green Bay Packers Thread
5. The Baltimore Ravens Thread
6. The Carolina Panthers Thread
7. The Denver Broncos Thread
8. The Dallas Cowboys Thread

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys had the most talent in the NFC but couldn't get it done when it mattered. I see them making strides this year with more experience and Romo finally getting over the hump and getting it done.

Experience plus Romo confidence gets it done.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas gets to the SB this year as I look at it today. I think GB and SEA give them a run. Injuries determine the winner.
Regardless Dallas will lose to whoever represents the AFC.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas gets to the SB this year as I look at it today. I think GB and SEA give them a run. Injuries determine the winner.
Ha haa we agree on something.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a team in the AFC that could beat the Cowboys in the SB.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that. Do I think they should be a favorite yes, but every team us beatable.
Yet u don't think a team in the AFC can beat them?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling this will be a terrible year for the Cowboys.

Their defensne will look again like the 2013 version that was one of the worst in the league than the average version we saw last year and their offense will take a step back without Murray and an ever aging romo. Add it up and they miss the playoffs and finish right around 8-8.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their defensne will look again like the 2013 version that was one of the worst in the league than the average version we saw last year and their offense will take a step back without Murray and an ever aging romo. Add it up and they miss the playoffs and finish right around 8-8.
Could be, but I think 8-8 is not accurate. I'd say 10-6. 8-8 would shock me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a team in the AFC that could beat the Cowboys in the SB.
Do you have anything to add? Or are we just supposed to take your word for it? After all you're always spot on with your predictions:doh:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, but I think 8-8 is not accurate. I'd say 10-6. 8-8 would shock me.

12-4 was shocking last year. 8-8 is more in line with what to expect with their type of talent IMO.

To get 16 games out of Murray and romo last year was nothing more than a minor miracle.

I just think losing Murray will thrust too much offense back on Romo and that he simply won't last. That back is going to catch up with at some point as he ages and I just think it will happen sooner rather than later.

And their defense played much better than anyone could have anticipated last year...and they were still nothing more than average. I just don't see them getting the same type of production from the unit. Hell last year McClain was one of the best LB's in footballer times...flukes like that don't usually happen two years in a row.

The one wild card for them really is hardy. They NEED him to be a stud. Their DL in the games he misses is probably the worst in the league. Even with him the unit is not good. Everyone likes to point to their OL and point to how games are still won in the trenches. This year I think people will be able to point to their DL and say that is where games are lost too.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they take a step back this year. If they didn't have Murray last year, they wouldn't have made the playoffs. He carried the team all year. Without him, all the pressure will be back on Romo and we have seen how that story ends. 8-8.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Cowboys end up 8-8, I'm good with that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys win the NFCE and could be anything in the playoffs. Too much football to see to be declaring the NFC Champion.....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-4 was shocking last year. 8-8 is more in line with what to expect with their type of talent IMO.

To get 16 games out of Murray and romo last year was nothing more than a minor miracle.

I just think losing Murray will thrust too much offense back on Romo and that he simply won't last. That back is going to catch up with at some point as he ages and I just think it will happen sooner rather than later.

And their defense played much better than anyone could have anticipated last year...and they were still nothing more than average. I just don't see them getting the same type of production from the unit. Hell last year McClain was one of the best LB's in footballer times...flukes like that don't usually happen two years in a row.

The one wild card for them really is hardy. They NEED him to be a stud. Their DL in the games he misses is probably the worst in the league. Even with him the unit is not good. Everyone likes to point to their OL and point to how games are still won in the trenches. This year I think people will be able to point to their DL and say that is where games are lost too.

They also drafted Randy Gregory and their 2nd round pick last year Demarcus Lawrence missed most of last year. When he came back he was arguably their best pass rusher in the playoffs. Combine that with Lee coming back (we'll see if he can stay healthy), I'm not sure how the defense will regress (injuries not withstanding of course).

And you can say they have upgraded their offensive line. La'el Collins is a top end talent, he still has to prove it but that can't be ignored. They also got a swing tackle to replace the departing Parnell. Running back is the only position that is currently weaker and at the same time I'm glad they didn't shell out that money for Murray.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe you should look at the roster again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, even with the loss of Murray Dallas is a much better team and with a break in the GB game they would have been playing to get into the SB last year.

Pros: They added 3 pass rushers better than anything they had on the team last year to a team that desperately needed a pass rush. Their starting LBs will be about as good as any 4-3 LBs in the NFL. Their secondary which has been very poor lately should be better. Collins should add to what was arguably already the best OL in the league and this to some degree offsets the loss of Murray. Romo is still playing at an elite level. Sean Lee is one of the best non-pass rushing defenders in the NFL and if he ever puts a full season in he has a shot at being an All Pro. A lot of what should be good young talent added to the defense. the team has been getting younger lately and age was one of their issues.

Cons: How does Murray leaving effect what was basically the biggest reason for their success last year? Health: this is an issue for all teams, but seems more so with Dallas lately. Which RB is going to protect Romo on 3rd down. Romo has had what seems to be very serious injuries every year lately. He is a year older and looks like he is one big hit from being out for the year. He holds the ball too long (especially in the red zone) and that is why he takes many of the hits that he does and throws a lot of the picks or "near picks" that he does. Sean Lee can't stay healthy and McClain looks to have the same problem. Does hte secondary take a step forward? Last year this team just wasn't quite as good as their record IMO and a drop back wouldn't be unusual.

My guess: They should win the NFC East. They are right in the mix to make or win the SB and really do have a good chance this year. But, their margin for error is not as big as Seattle or GB. I put them 3rd in the pecking order of the NFC, but the gap is a little closer.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Murray doesn't matter... That O-line is the best in the business and it got better. Tim Tebow would have a 1500yd season behind those guys.