• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Green Bay Packers Thread

How Far Will the Green Bay Packers Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand that the Packers should've played better the entire game and it shouldn't have been in the position that it was, but with how the final call was, I have no other choice or option than to say the refs screwed the game. but it's in the past and they'll get their revenge this year, on opening night

The call was made properly according to the rule. A tie goes to the Receiver. If they both have the ball regardless of position the WR wins. I agree that it looked like an INT but the way the rule was written resulted in the correct call.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if every team finished the season with who they started, Green Bay would win the Super Bowl. But like Dallas and a few other teams, they seem to end up with multiple key players on the shelf year after year. Barring a major preseason injury, I think they go into the toughest stadium to play in and beat Seattle week 1. That says it all for them when they are right

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call was made properly according to the rule. A tie goes to the Receiver. If they both have the ball regardless of position the WR wins. I agree that it looked like an INT but the way the rule was written resulted in the correct call.

There was no tie. Golden Tate never had possesion of the ball. He barely got one hand on it while Jennings had both hands on the ball.

It was a horrible mistake but you can't blame the replacement refs. I still blame the NFL.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no tie. Golden Tate never had possesion of the ball. He barely got one hand on it while Jennings had both hands on the ball.

It was a horrible mistake but you can't blame the replacement refs. I still blame the NFL.

Worst call of all time IMO

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have every reason to believe they can contend for a Super Bowl win this year. Everyone knows what their offense can do, so let's look at the defense. Yes, it sucked last year, but there's no reason to think they can't turn it around. Here's why:

1) Injuries. Yes, every team has them, but the Packers had only four starters play all 16 games last year. One starter played 14 games, another played 13 and it drops off quickly after that. Not to mention one of those starters, M.D. Jennings, was, without debate, the worst starter on the field and is no longer on the roster.

Just some of the players they are getting back are Clay Matthews ('nuff said), Casey Hayward (who finished second in defensive rookie of the year voting two years ago) and a few first round draft picks. While the patience is wearing thin on some of these guys who are injured almost every year, optimism rains eternal this time of year.

2) Scheme. The Packers, due to their "draft and develop" philosophy, constantly have a slew of young players who haven't played in Dom Capers system for too many years. This year, Dom has decided to simply the defense a bit to make it easier for the players to know exactly what their assignments are. He's also adding his own version of the "elephant" position. A position which has proven to be very beneficial to teams like the Seahawks, among others (I just don't feel like looking them up now). Not to mention they're moving B.J. Raji back to NT, a position he made the pro bowl at a few years ago.

3) Acquisitions. I know some Bears fans will tell you Julius Peppers is washed up, but when he played on a defense without Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs and Henry Melton, who are you going to double and triple team? Peppers or Shea McClellin? If he adapts to Dom's system, he could make a huge difference.

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. I'm not ashamed to say that the Packers got damned lucky to have this guy fall to them. He is arguably the most complete S available this year and it resolves one of the most, if the most, urgent need for the Packers. With him replacing M.D. Jennings, it's about as close to a 180 degree turn around you're going to see.

I'll also make a quick comment about the offense. People say it completely sucked without Rodgers, which is really only a half truth. The truth is, it sucked with who they replaced him with. Seneca Wallace was signed during preseason and Scott Tolzein was signed in season. They never had a chance to get familiar with the offense before getting thrown into the fire. Matt Flynn played pretty well, once signed, going 2-2, as well as playing well in relief of Tolzien against the Vikings, leading the team back from a 16 point deficit in the 4th quarter, only to have the game end in a tie. Hopefully, the team won't have to find out what the backup QB can do this year.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst call of all time IMO

OMG:omg:
Not a Raider fan, but the tuck rule call for Brady against the Raiders was "the worst" call ever.

Besides the PI committed by Tate, which I agree Tate was guilty, tell me one instant of film where Tate didn't have possession of the ball. Rats Ass about 'who had more and two hands versus one hand BS". Tate has possession in the air, when his feet hit the ground, and when they both landed. There is NO RULE about who had more possession. Tate had possession the whole time, so did Jennings, but quit with the "He had more possession, or he had it first". When they first touched ground and throughout the entire end of the play, show me ONE FRAME of play where Tate lost or never had possession.

I want a clear video or photo example. You won't find one.

This so called FM, is the most overblown, outrageous, troll baiting non-bad call EVER.:gaah:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG:omg:
Not a Raider fan, but the tuck rule call for Brady against the Raiders was "the worst" call ever.

Besides the PI committed by Tate, which I agree Tate was guilty, tell me one instant of film where Tate didn't have possession of the ball. Rats Ass about 'who had more and two hands versus one hand BS". Tate has possession in the air, when his feet hit the ground, and when they both landed. There is NO RULE about who had more possession. Tate had possession the whole time, so did Jennings, but quit with the "He had more possession, or he had it first". When they first touched ground and throughout the entire end of the play, show me ONE FRAME of play where Tate lost or never had possession.

I want a clear video or photo example. You won't find one.

This so called FM, is the most overblown, outrageous, troll baiting non-bad call EVER.:gaah:
No. The fail Mary was the worst call of all time. They even reviewed it and still missed it. Admit it

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1: Seattle versus GB.
Both having great success, Seattle as of late, and GB throughout their entire History.
I have no problem with GB, but here is my one wish for Game 1:

No mention, replay, or other discussion about the so-called FM.

These two teams deserve more than that. NBC and their Thursday night crew should just refrain and discuss the positives. That call, like it or not, had ZERO effect on the outcome of that season. Seattle makes the playoffs anyway and finishes with the same seed. GB only has to beat Minnesota in the final week and they clinch 1st round bye. GB lost and only blew it themselves. The ABSOLUTE winner of that game result, the 49ers.

HaHa, and the 9ers went on to choke the SB away to a way lesser team. Thanks Kaep.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tate pushed. Offensive PI
2. Packers DB had possession should be an int

Missed two calls on the same play.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The fail Mary was the worst call of all time. They even reviewed it and still missed it. Admit it

There is plenty of film out there and many photos too.
Don't go by heart, prove it by finding some "media" that clearly shows otherwise.

And EVEN if you search for hours, it it CLEARLY no where near the discussion of all time worst.
All Time Worst, "A Media Driven Event" Use the 'Media" to prove otherwise and not just opinion.

Hey, great franchise in GB, bucket list for me to see a game there.
Happy Trails:suds:

Go Hawks.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tate pushed. Offensive PI
2. Packers DB had possession should be an int

Missed two calls on the same play.

I said Tate pushed off. Should have been called. THAT is not the DEBATE.
Debate is possession, TATE always had possession too, prove it wrong, rather than just saying so.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is plenty of film out there and many photos too.
Don't go by heart, prove it by finding some "media" that clearly shows otherwise.

And EVEN if you search for hours, it it CLEARLY no where near the discussion of all time worst.
All Time Worst, "A Media Driven Event" Use the 'Media" to prove otherwise and not just opinion.

Hey, great franchise in GB, bucket list for me to see a game there.
Happy Trails:suds:

Go Hawks.

Just watch the replay and you'll see Tate push the defender in the back. Clear as day. Offensive pass interference. Game over. Packers win. Clear as day to anyone who had a pair of functioning eyes.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possession shouldnt even be in the discussion really. I only brought it up to show how god awful the game was officiated. Game should have been over when Tate shoved our guy 10 feet.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possession shouldnt even be in the discussion really. I only brought it up to show how god awful the game was officiated. Game should have been over when Tate shoved our guy 10 feet.

Tell me about the ONLY TD drive the Packers had?
There was a clear TERRIBLE bad call against the Seahawks. You Remember, probably NOT, since it went FOR your team. Review the film and acknowledge that that PI call was actually a good call, because it was NOT. You Can't and you won't. It was 3rd and LONG, and GB got bailed out on a BS call, worse that your so-called FM.

Check the video. Bottom line, you should quit whining when you should have beaten the lowly Viks.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part is when the reporter asks Tate if he pushed off and he says he doesnt know what's she's talking about. What a dipshit.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part is when the reporter asks Tate if he pushed off and he says he doesnt know what's she's talking about. What a dipshit.

See, ALL you can prove is the pushoff. Which I agree Tate did. Tate, GUILTY of Pushoff.
But that wasn't called, so move on to the issue. Possession.

The FM was about possession, not a pushoff.

Great club you have, but quit claiming you got robbed. There was NO Fail Mary. Period.:doh:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, ALL you can prove is the pushoff. Which I agree Tate did. Tate, GUILTY of Pushoff.
But that wasn't called, so move on to the issue. Possession.

The FM was about possession, not a pushoff.

Great club you have, but quit claiming you got robbed. There was NO Fail Mary. Period.:doh:

At most possession is 50/50. Majority would say GB has more of the ball than Sea. So once again the refs missed two calls on the same play. The rest of the NFL and it's fans can thank the Packers for getting rid of those POS refs. If it weren't for a marquee franchise getting robbed on national TV we may still have replacement refs today.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At most possession is 50/50. Majority would say GB has more of the ball than Sea. So once again the refs missed two calls on the same play. The rest of the NFL :lol:and it's fans can thank the Packers for getting rid of those POS refs. If it weren't for a marquee franchise getting robbed on national TV we may still have replacement refs today.

I've been complementing your marquee franchise this entire thread.
More possession???? Is there such a thing as MORE PREGNANT?
Either you are or you are not. Either you have possession or you don't. Tate HAD possession, no matter how you want to argue that Jennings had more possession. See how ridiculous that sounds.

Jennings was MORE pregnant than Tate. Doesn't make sense, neither does more possession.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been complementing your marquee franchise this entire thread.
More possession???? Is there such a thing as MORE PREGNANT?
Either you are or you are not. Either you have possession or you don't. Tate HAD possession, no matter how you want to argue that Jennings had more possession. See how ridiculous that sounds.

Jennings was MORE pregnant than Tate. Doesn't make sense, neither does more possession.

Comparing pregnancy to possession of a football is insane. One player can have more possession than the other. Jennings touched it first and brought it down. He clearly had more possession.