• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Green Bay Packers Thread

How Far Will the Green Bay Packers Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He was healthy in 2011 and 2012 and the Pack were one and done both years"

I guess being a cowboy fan makes me say if you're in, you're a contender and Rodgers makes it so as much as a QB in the game.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Green Bay will definitely be one of the teams in the NFC battling for it... BUT to get to the Super Bowl there defense is gonna have to be VASTLY improved from last year... That's the one big issue that might hold your Packers back... I love Rodgers he's a gamer but I just don't know if that D is gonna be good enough to beat all the top dogs in the NFC...

I know their stats are going to have to vastly improve, but personel wise I don't think they were far off. I think having Jennings out as a safety and Hyde in, they're already much improved. I think Hayward back as a DB is big improvement. ANything that keeps Jarret Bush off the field as a regular player is a win for this team. and getting your INT leader from 2 years ago back as his replacement is kind of nice. Matthews healthy and Peppers is better than last year.

as bad as they were last year, if a rookie keeps his hands on the ball, they would have been playing one more week for a chance at the super bowl. Not too bad for a defense left in shambles and an offense that played a good part of the season without it's MVP qb.

I hope people are sleeping on this defense

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense should be vastly improved. Most must not realize that this d was a top 10 defense through 8 weeks last year until the injuries started piling up to some key players. We finished the year playing in the playoffs with one healthy olb and playing de's at the olb position and still stayed competitive in that loss to SF. It's tough to compete when your d is ravaged by injury. This D might not light the league on fire but if healthy it should be a good enough D to help the team advance past the first round of the playoffs

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really. He was healthy in 2011 and 2012 and the Pack were one and done both years. I think what you meant to say was if Rodgers is healthy, they have some weapons on offense, and the Packers have an average defense then they are SB contenders... Which is still really scary.

2011 they went 15-1. They were certainly contenders that year. They just lost to a better team in the Giants. 2012 they beat the Vikings then lost to the Niners so they weren't even one and done.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 they went 15-1. They were certainly contenders that year. They just lost to a better team in the Giants. 2012 they beat the Vikings then lost to the Niners so they weren't even one and done.

C'mon man, read what you wrote. Do you get it yet? The Pack went 15-1 then got smoked in the playoffs. Next season, they beat an awful Minny team, then got their asses handed to them by SF. You can't compete with the big boys in the NFC with an average team and a great QB. You need more talent to go places. As a Bear fan, trust me, I see this year after year. One season the Bears have a great d and their offense sucks... No playoffs. Next season they have a decent offense and no d... No playoffs. I just hope so dead my team can out it all together.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Rodgers is healthy, the Pack will always be super bowl contenders.

Unless some other team in the division get there shit together, if that happens the Pack could be watching the playoffs from their coach.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers win their division and lose to the 49ers in the playoffs. Again.

dyhard

Yo mama sucking my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers aren't going to lose to the 49ers, not this season! I'm really liking their schedule, though. the toughest teams they're going to have to face - Carolina, New England, Atlanta -- is all at home with a tough opening match-up at Seattle and a away game in New Orleans before a bye. I'm confident with their game against Seattle because they usually do well there and should've won last year if the refs didn't screw it up, probably why that's the opening game to the season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers aren't going to lose to the 49ers, not this season! I'm really liking their schedule, though. the toughest teams they're going to have to face - Carolina, New England, Atlanta -- is all at home with a tough opening match-up at Seattle and a away game in New Orleans before a bye. I'm confident with their game against Seattle because they usually do well there and should've won last year if the refs didn't screw it up, probably why that's the opening game to the season.

Should of won it last year you say?:lol: They didn't play the Seahawks last year.

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol your right, it was 2 years ago. felt like last year. i just remember i was at uw-gb for the game, can't believe that was 2 years ago already

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol your right, it was 2 years ago. felt like last year. i just remember i was at uw-gb for the game, can't believe that was 2 years ago already
I have to say I'm glad not to play the the Packers this next regular season. Not because of the 9ers winning but because of all of the excuses of why the Packers lost...and I know many Packer fans. Carry that losing excuse torch over to the 'Hawks this season. Nothing against you but you just post like many other Packer fans I know ...."we beat ourselves" ,"The refs screwed us".

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand that the Packers should've played better the entire game and it shouldn't have been in the position that it was, but with how the final call was, I have no other choice or option than to say the refs screwed the game. but it's in the past and they'll get their revenge this year, on opening night

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand that the Packers should've played better the entire game and it shouldn't have been in the position that it was, but with how the final call was, I have no other choice or option than to say the refs screwed the game. but it's in the past and they'll get their revenge this year, on opening night
I guess that would be my confusion here...in what game are you posting about? What call has you pissed off? I'm trying hard to remember of any story of a controversy and can't think of one.

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is Dom Capers last chance to remain D.C. of the Packers. The Packers have some talent on defense and it's up to Capers to make it happen. Ha Ha Dix called all the defensive signals at Alabama in Saban's somewhat Pro defensive sets and he could be the guy to fill Nick Collins shoes. Ever since he retired from injury the Packer's secondary has suffered with miscommunication. Dix could solve some of those issues and with Peppers and Matthews on the outside with surprise inside guy Daniels rushing the QB the secondary should benefit and possibly increase their interception total from last season. IF the defense plays up to potential the Packers could go deep in the playoffs.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Rodgers is healthy, the Pack will always be super bowl contenders.
This is true. The only other teams with an upper echelon QB are the Saints, Broncos and Patriots.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is Dom Capers last chance to remain D.C. of the Packers. The Packers have some talent on defense and it's up to Capers to make it happen. Ha Ha Dix called all the defensive signals at Alabama in Saban's somewhat Pro defensive sets and he could be the guy to fill Nick Collins shoes. Ever since he retired from injury the Packer's secondary has suffered with miscommunication. Dix could solve some of those issues and with Peppers and Matthews on the outside with surprise inside guy Daniels rushing the QB the secondary should benefit and possibly increase their interception total from last season. IF the defense plays up to potential the Packers could go deep in the playoffs.
I'm surprised that Capers wasn't fired after the 2012 season.

packerdave

Schlitz
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Capers wasn't fired after the 2012 season.

He should have been fired. His defenses have been predictable.

Did you post on ESPN before? I posted comments there for about 5 years and then they changed their entire website.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put all the blame on Capers and don't think he should be fired. He has had to deal with a lot of injuries on his side of the ball to some key players and that doesn't help at all. When that happens you have to simplify the playbook.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that would be my confusion here...in what game are you posting about? What call has you pissed off? I'm trying hard to remember of any story of a controversy and can't think of one.

I think he's referring to the "Fail Mary" play.