• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OMT: The Masters 2024

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheff is dialed in... might have a 4 stroke lead here pretty soon. Well, started out promising today but Scheff kind of ran away with it. Everyone else choked lol. He played some damn good golf so props where due, was hoping for a bit more of a nailbiter though. If I was him I'd just tee off with 3 woods from here on out.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GLKX79yXcAE1nYb
Thought I was the only one… I was not.

The lad has achieved immortality.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger is a great. I get that he isn't anything to be excited over now but he's getting his flowers for everything he brought to the sport.

Maybe LIV doesn't even exist If there was no Tiger.

And there's this

Casuals watch Tiger. That's why they showed him so much.

Maybe Scottie and his dominance will head in the same direction. I still tend to doubt we see quite the package like Tiger again.
Casuals are clowns who got to watch their hero finish dead last on Sunday. Scheffler is so much better than the other players it makes even the Masters boring

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie needs his Phil. I think it's going to come but you can see guys playing tight now. Homa is a let it loose kinda guy and he was conservative from round 2 on

Got him a nice pay day but you ain't beating Scottie with it

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie needs his Phil. I think it's going to come but you can see guys playing tight now. Homa is a let it loose kinda guy and he was conservative from round 2 on

Got him a nice pay day but you ain't beating Scottie with it
There are no big game hunters on the PGA Tour anymore other than Scheffler. Just a bunch of frat boy country club guys who wilt at the slightest pressure. Watching each guy fall by thge wayside today under pressure was pathetic. And look what these guys did in the Ryder Cup and do almost every time in that event.
I think my new favorite player is Aberg. He looks really good.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Homa knock it in a fuckin' shrub, and then gets to drop it where he has a clear lie (effectively)? I swear I don't get golf sometimes.

He took an unplayable as any golfer may do at any time. His next shot was his third.

Nice job Scotty! He's at Tiger level at the moment.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no big game hunters on the PGA Tour anymore other than Scheffler. Just a bunch of frat boy country club guys who wilt at the slightest pressure. Watching each guy fall by thge wayside today under pressure was pathetic. And look what these guys did in the Ryder Cup and do almost every time in that event.
I think my new favorite player is Aberg. He looks really good.

Yes Aberg is going to be a top 5 guy and he could be the challenger for sure. 2nd place in his first major ever

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this stage it's pretty clear Woods legs will not allow him to perform over 72 holes. It's a shame he had that accident.

I'd be surprised if we see him more than once more this year

I don't think he wants to put in the work it would take to be competitive again. His short game blows and that shouldn't have anything to do with his physical issues. The game is simply much, much stronger at the top than it was when he was on top also. There have never been as many truly great young players as there are today.

GLKX79yXcAE1nYb
Thought I was the only one… I was not.

The lad has achieved immortality.

What was he looking at? That was weird. He was obviously nervous af and simply repeated what he'd prepared to say when he was asked a follow-up question.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Homa knock it in a fuckin' shrub, and then gets to drop it where he has a clear lie (effectively)? I swear I don't get golf sometimes.

It cost him a penalty stroke. His drop just couldn't be closer to the hole and he was lucky a decent drop area was within 2 clublengths, though he probably wouldn't have done much worse going back and re-teeing hitting 3.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was he looking at? That was weird. He was obviously nervous af and simply repeated what he'd prepared to say when he was asked a follow-up question.
Looked like a guy who had just emptied a bong and realized that he was on a national TV broadcast and he… might…… be…….. way………… too………………… loaded……………………….

• Haha
Reactions: H2S

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cost him a penalty stroke. His drop just couldn't be closer to the hole and he was lucky a decent drop area was within 2 clublengths, though he probably wouldn't have done much worse going back and re-teeing hitting 3.

Yah I later saw the penalty stroke since he doubled after the chip and 2 putt (was hitting 3 but had to call it 4). They had it on the screen initially as 3rd shot and I was like, "WTF?" They must've corrected it and I didn't see it or made a broadcasting mistake.

And I think re-teeing it'd be like out of bounds so he'd have to take the penalty stroke still? Although to your point, he may have had a better shot to get it closer on a clean fairway/drop zone.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No decent young players in today's PGA. They all buckled under the pressure; even the guys who the PGA is desperately trying to make the face of the new PGA.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he wants to put in the work it would take to be competitive again. His short game blows and that shouldn't have anything to do with his physical issues. The game is simply much, much stronger at the top than it was when he was on top also. There have never been as many truly great young players as there are today.

The guy grinding back from a fused ankle and waking up at 3:45am just to prep for his Sunday teetime while completely out of contention isn't willing to put in the work any more?

Tiger was top 15 in shots gained around the green in The Masters this year. It is literally the only thing that kept him on the right side of the cut line.

Looking at the top ranking players at their best over the past 30+ years and three of the top 5 (other two being Tiger and Scottie) were playing against Tiger in his prime.

Like - could you have been more wrong?

No decent young players in today's PGA. They all buckled under the pressure; even the guys who the PGA is desperately trying to make the face of the new PGA.

Again - Wildly wrong. There is tons of great young talent on the tour right now.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy grinding back from a fused ankle and waking up at 3:45am just to prep for his Sunday teetime while completely out of contention isn't willing to put in the work any more?

Tiger was top 15 in shots gained around the green in The Masters this year. It is literally the only thing that kept him on the right side of the cut line.

Looking at the top ranking players at their best over the past 30+ years and three of the top 5 (other two being Tiger and Scottie) were playing against Tiger in his prime.

Again - Wildly wrong. There is tons oall-time ranking f great young talent on the tour right now.

If your argument is that the depth at the top was as strong during Tiger's prime than it is today you won't find much company for that from anyone who follows the game. The young guys just keep on coming. It wouldn't surprise me if there have been 5 times as many major winners under 30 years old the past 10 years than there were the first 18 years of Tiger's career... and several of them have won more than 1 major.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your argument is that the depth at the top was as strong during Tiger's prime than it is today you won't find much company for that from anyone who follows the game. The young guys just keep on coming. It wouldn't surprise me if there have been 5 times as many major winners under 30 years old the past 10 years than there were the first 18 years of Tiger's career... and several of them have won more than 1 major.
The data doesn't support your argument.

I would listen to an argument that said the total depth of the typical field is deeper now than in Tiger's prime. But the data clearly supports that the peak was as good if not better under Tiger's run.

Scottie - even with the run he is on right now where he looks damn near unbeatable - just barely edges out Vijay at his peak in 2004.

Tiger's peak was Sept of 2000. At that time, there were 27 other golfers picking up >1.3 shots on the "field".
Right now - not including Scottie - there are only 14 golfers picking up >1.3 shots on the "field"

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully one day someone will address why it's "understandable" the mostly white males who generally come from good backgrounds would "take the money" but many of the same who accept this would demonize LeBron James the minute he took half a billion dollars of the Saudi terrorist fund.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again - Wildly wrong. There is tons of great young talent on the tour right now.

No There are none in the PGA today All of them wilted under the pressure on Sunday Just a bunch of frat boys out there

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully one day someone will address why it's "understandable" the mostly white males who generally come from good backgrounds would "take the money" but many of the same who accept this would demonize LeBron James the minute he took half a billion dollars of the Saudi terrorist fund.
We all know why.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The data doesn't support your argument.

I would listen to an argument that said the total depth of the typical field is deeper now than in Tiger's prime. But the data clearly supports that the peak was as good if not better under Tiger's run.

Scottie - even with the run he is on right now where he looks damn near unbeatable - just barely edges out Vijay at his peak in 2004.

Tiger's peak was Sept of 2000. At that time, there were 27 other golfers picking up >1.3 shots on the "field".
Right now - not including Scottie - there are only 14 golfers picking up >1.3 shots on the "field"

I don't even know where to start with that so-called "data"... data which ranks a 33 YO current day golfer with 5 major victories to his name at #44 behind the likes of Scott Hoch? I'm not even going to try to unpack that dogshit.