• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be much worse. We could be the fucking Leafs. What is it exactly? One playoff series win in the last 20+ seasons and no Cup since 1967. They overcome a 3-1 series deficit to arch rival Boston only to lose quickly in OT of game 7.

Fucking OUCH!!

They are like the Dallas Cowboys of the Nhl. So much discussion and so much of a fan following, yet they always lose when it really matters.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like it's going to be tough to predict who's available at 12 for the Flyers. Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov, and Lindstrom seem likely to be gone in addition to Celebrini. But after that it seems like it will be pretty unpredictable.

Parekh, Yakemchuk, and Catton I think are the 3 I'm hoping for. Parekh and Catton have 'Torts wont play them' written all over them, but hopefully that resolves itself before they make the roster.

Just kind of hoping to avoid:
- Eiserman as a 1 dimensional shooter
- Helenius seems like another 'good at most things, not great at anything' guy the Flyers don't really need more of.
- Connelly seems like a character/discipline problem

Also just in general it would be a bit of a bummer to end up with a winger when they need C and D so badly.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like it's going to be tough to predict who's available at 12 for the Flyers. Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov, and Lindstrom seem likely to be gone in addition to Celebrini. But after that it seems like it will be pretty unpredictable.

Parekh, Yakemchuk, and Catton I think are the 3 I'm hoping for. Parekh and Catton have 'Torts wont play them' written all over them, but hopefully that resolves itself before they make the roster.

- Helenius seems like another 'good at most things, not great at anything' guy the Flyers don't really need more of.

Also just in general it would be a bit of a bummer to end up with a winger when they need C and D so badly.
I wonder what we could offer some one to move up, and would it be worth it? Would any team picking top 5 be willing to part for it?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep and idk what need is more pressing for us, a top D or a top C. We would probably take someone like Yakemchuk in the hopes that he can run our power play. Also, he's a right-shot, has the size and game-breaking skill. Our 12.2% power play this season absolutely killed us in a lot of games. Get that up over 22% and it's a massive difference. I say 22% because the top 15 power plays in the Nhl operated at that rate or better.

So, we had the 9th most power plays in the Nhl at 254, which is great, but we didn't make them pay for it. If we get our power play up to 22% efficiency, that's an extra 24-25 goals per season, which puts us at least right in the top half of the league in overall goal scoring.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have a 5.1% chance to move up to the number 2 selection so only Celebrini will be off the board for us after we hit the jackpot tonight.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good players in the pipeline. Our trip to the Cup maybe a bit longer than we all wanted.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, the Giroux deal is starting to pay off for us. We have Tippett, Barkey and if Boston beats Florida, another top 28 pick in the draft this summer.

Tippett just put up seasons of 27 and 28 goals scored. I think he's primed and ready to be a 300+ shot winger with 40+ goals every season for us. Barkey was tied for 4th in OHL scoring this season with 102 points and tied for 5th with a +45 rating. He only just turned 19 a couple weeks ago and his London Knights are hosting game 1 of the Championship series tomorrow night against Oshawa.

Hopefully that late 1st round pick this summer works out for us too...Lol

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave up 5 goals a game, crazy how a team plays that good in the regular season and then, poof! They vanish. Of course the Avs aren't hurting for talent either so it was a tough storm to weather. I thought the Jets would have had more fight than that though.
I'd say it wasn't all on Helle the avs took it up a notch and the Jets didn't play very good team D like the regular season. They are my western team and I always felt that the D was too small they had trouble clearing the net. Helle admitted he couldn't see a lot of the shots coming at him but also said he needs to be better as well as the team. Avs could win the cup.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it wasn't all on Helle the avs took it up a notch and the Jets didn't play very good team D like the regular season. They are my western team and I always felt that the D was too small they had trouble clearing the net. Helle admitted he couldn't see a lot of the shots coming at him but also said he needs to be better as well as the team. Avs could win the cup.
Well whatever worked for them in the regular season either was totally abandoned or the Avs figured it out and made an adjustment, pretty sure the Jets swept the regular season. Either way I thought the Jets could have been the wests Cinderella contenders. I too believe the Avs could win the cup again.