• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the Vegas/Dallas Game 4. Was a slugfest, which was happy to see Dallas get the win to tie the series 2-2. Hope Vegas goes down, but knowing my luck they'll make to the Finals.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would give Uncle Gary good wood seeing two southern non traditional teams in the Finals. I also think it would be one of the least rated SCFs ever since a big name team wouldn't be in it. Which is totally fine to guys like us but not what he's aiming for.

Dallas looked like toast last night but came back hard. Ran across a page on Cap Friendly showing total cap for the year and Vegas was at $92 and change. Interestingly enough they didn't lead the league (this includes LTIR), Toronto was actually above them using an extra $14 million in LTIR dollars. That was surprising.

Regardless, I think someone needs to test Stone's spleen and see if it is truly healed. Sick of their shenanigans and want them out stat.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching almost all the games. Lightning/Panthers was actually a great series, even though it only went 5. Panthers learned how to win, and there was nothing TB could do. Tampa still good, Florida just in that small group of elite now.

Also happy Dallas took Game 4. Road team won every game in that series so far, but I think Dallas comes ready to play for Game 5. They've controlled most of the play, and the irony is Dallas has had the weaker goaltending efforts. Oettinger is normally beast, but he's shown some bad runs this year.

Rangers made quick work of Caps and they look very strong. I imagine Carolina takes down Islanders tonight to close that one out. Boston also looking like they're close out Toronto. Matthews probably not playing. Did like Nylander coming back and calling out Marner et al. on the bench when they were whining about calls. There is no way they don't trade huge piece this summer (Maybe more). See if they'd like to swap PLD for Marner? At least we'd get a good regular season out of Marner.

Looking like some good Round 2 matchups if things hold up. Canucks-Oilers. Winner of Dallas/Vegas vs Colorado. East is all rematches from past year or two. Really want that 1-8 to come back. Maybe rematch Boston-Florida. Rematch from two years ago NYR-Carolina.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Legend out. Guess he can write his "How the LA Kings Treated Me Poorly" memoir now.

Isles also out, EC shaking out pretty much as scripted. Going to embarrassing if LA is the first WC team out tomorrow, have to get to G6 for multiple reasons.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Legend out. Guess he can write his "How the LA Kings Treated Me Poorly" memoir now.

Isles also out, EC shaking out pretty much as scripted. Going to embarrassing if LA is the first WC team out tomorrow, have to get to G6 for multiple reasons.

I see that game going one of two ways, Kings get blown out fairly early Is my top Guess. .... Kings play a hard, fought game.Get a late lead and blow it Would be my second

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas took game 5 over Vegas. Pretty good game that got really chippy at times. I guess new protocol with head hits is immediately call it a major and then review it. So twice (one for each team) they called majors and then reduced them to minors after review. Dallas had so many blown chances, including one I can't remember seeing, a 3 on 0 breakaway (which they didn't score on). Missed their chances and the game stayed 3-2 the whole game. Oettinger still mad a few huge saves to seal it.

Fun fact is that that was the only series, league-wide that was tied 2-2. Every other series was at least 3-1.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the review of 5min majors, thats a huge call get it right

The only issue is if it's called a 5 it'll at least be a 2 which I think is dumb because it may not even be a minot to begin with.

Otherwise I like it though.