• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OMT: The Masters 2024

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bookies this time of year knowing the old timers are still betting on Tiger

D6Nbw3.gif

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you. Its the ass hats at the PGA who suspended them instead of letting them play both tours

Keep polishing, it ain't too bright just yet.

images

Looks like a great finish setting up. You just have to favor Scottie. When he opened the back with a double and a bogey and came tumbling down off the leaderboard he just climbed right back up to the top. That would have caused so many other players to fold. Man, without that hiccup he'd be way in front of the pack.

I always want an American to win but for me golf is too perfectly reflective of one's ability and worthiness. It's pure. I wasn't rooting for Charl Schwartzle in 2011 but on Masters Sunday, he closed birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie. Ya just gotta tip your hat to that. In every tournament, except arguably De Vicenzo '68, the winner always deserves to win.

Hard to think the -2s are still in it but you never know. It looks real likely one of the five from Bryson to the top.

I'm playing tomorrow and Tuesday but I'll swing by the club to do some pitching and putting later this a.m. Then settle back with a few beers and watch the show~

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing to watch some of the world’s golf leaders shooting +8 and above after 2 rounds. Harman shot 47 in back 9 yesterday. I don’t like that guy because of his setup and playing the jiggle the club 100 times before taking shot. De Chambeau is doing a similar thing now and it’s like arrgh, take the shot already.

I was at the '02 Open at Bethpage and it was right in the middle of Segio's grip-regrip-regrip-regrip-regrip-regrip-regrip thing. The vocal Long Island crowd wasn't too shy about it. Lol! Two fairways away you could hear people yelling hit the fucking thing already!

If someone in your regular group did that, you'd wrap a club around their neck.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully after Tiger's 82 today they'll scale back some of the coverage of him... I make it even money he withdraws again.
This morning they were fawning and gushing all over the fact that Woods had his son on the range with him and how wonderful it was that father and son could share this moment,...blah, blah blah. It went on and on. I was embarrassed for them.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although he's leading and everyone else looks like they are feeling the pressure,. I just have a feeling Scheffler is not going to win this event. But please, can we stop talking about how Scheffler is going to leave the course early today if his wife goes into labor.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice touch to let the amateur, Shipley. play the last round with Woods. It will be a treat for him plus he's playing someone he can beat easily

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning they were fawning and gushing all over the fact that Woods had his son on the range with him and how wonderful it was that father and son could share this moment,...blah, blah blah. It went on and on. I was embarrassed for them.

Tiger is a great. I get that he isn't anything to be excited over now but he's getting his flowers for everything he brought to the sport.

Maybe LIV doesn't even exist If there was no Tiger.

And there's this

Casuals watch Tiger. That's why they showed him so much.

Maybe Scottie and his dominance will head in the same direction. I still tend to doubt we see quite the package like Tiger again.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what is so gross about the Saudis investment to golf. Minus the obvious money laundering so they can continue to fund terrorism around the world the end result of all this is very bad for the sport.

Just like some of the top soccer players going to play in Saudi Arabia sucks for soccer.

This is the legacy of a Dustin Johnson. And maybe in the end it means more money for golfers and they all join back up. But at the cost of a lot of legacy and personal pride.

Lastly...many of the same Pro Liv folks are probably falling all over themselves over Steph Curry making 50 million and being "overpaid"

It is funny how that POV shifts when we talk about golfers. I wonder why that is

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this stage it's pretty clear Woods legs will not allow him to perform over 72 holes. It's a shame he had that accident.

I'd be surprised if we see him more than once more this year

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone in your regular group did that, you'd wrap a club around their neck.
[/QUOTE]
So true. I mean, everybody has a setup in golf. You do what those guys do, in most groups you’re out, bye-bye, go play by yourself.

I used to play in a group with a guy who after too many practice swings would stand over the ball for at least one minute -not joking or exaggerating- before hitting the ball. Everyone is like wtf. Nobody wants to play with that guy anymore.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep polishing, it ain't too bright just yet.

images

Looks like a great finish setting up. You just have to favor Scottie. When he opened the back with a double and a bogey and came tumbling down off the leaderboard he just climbed right back up to the top. That would have caused so many other players to fold. Man, without that hiccup he'd be way in front of the pack.

I always want an American to win but for me golf is too perfectly reflective of one's ability and worthiness. It's pure. I wasn't rooting for Charl Schwartzle in 2011 but on Masters Sunday, he closed birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie. Ya just gotta tip your hat to that. In every tournament, except arguably De Vicenzo '68, the winner always deserves to win.

Hard to think the -2s are still in it but you never know. It looks real likely one of the five from Bryson to the top.

I'm playing tomorrow and Tuesday but I'll swing by the club to do some pitching and putting later this a.m. Then settle back with a few beers and watch the show~
Scottie is F amazing. How do you win against a guy like that?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie is F amazing. How do you win against a guy like that?

Play your best golf possible lol.

Even when he makes mistakes (like yesterday) he turns around and hits eagle on 13

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooof Morikawa going to drop some here..

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheff going to start running away with this if Homa is OB or has to hit out of this and doubles... he just needs to play safe, now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Homa knock it in a fuckin' shrub, and then gets to drop it where he has a clear lie (effectively)? I swear I don't get golf sometimes.