• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its not a "losing" situation for the Lions

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much geared up for the departure of Suh. Its just too many buyers in that game. The Lions win either way if you ask me. I like the idea of Suh coming back and having the ability to continue to add more pieces around him but I also like the possibility if the Lions keeping that cap space and being very active in FA.

I predict the Lions take a shot at Spiller either way and someone like Chris Johnson if that falls through. If Suh leaves, we sign Fairley, Hudson, Spiller and Langford.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of Suh coming back and having the ability to continue to add more pieces around him but I also like the possibility if the Lions keeping that cap space and being very active in FA.

:nod: :10: ..... if they sign the right FA's that fit scheme, not much in past history in past injuries.

I'm ready to move on without Fairley. I do not trust he'll come to play with 100% of his projected abilities

I can see Mayhew go after Spiller, tbh.... not sure how I feel about all his injuries/missed games... haven't looked to total games missed career...

I'll pull an LPinSLC,,,, and wait for someone else to do the legwork

also, at this point, I wouldn't mind a duo of Knighton/Langford as purely 2-3 yr contract stop-gap signings. This draft doesn't truly have many quality 4-3/3-tech DT's, we may miss out on them..... Brown, Davis, Bennett, Cooper, Jarrett, Teyler Davidson

Last edited:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hudson was asking Chiefs to be highest paid C... Hearsay from a Chiefs fan. So if true, is he worth the cost? You could spend a lil extra on Knighton and then draft OL.

Then at same time playing devils advocate. Can you spend money on the C and a proven vet, then draft a DT? Not sure how much $$ is there after trying to sign both to FA contracts?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 of the other things I'm concerned with regarding Fairley, is that he'll likely have plenty of suitors also and for me to expect him to come back on a short-term, 2 yr contract, and actually prove on-field his projected capabilities, still begs a lot of questions that have yet to be answered already having played 4 years. He's had plenty of time to date, IMO. It's risky even for a 1-2 yr. deal, JMHO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hudson was asking Chiefs to be highest paid C... Hearsay from a Chiefs fan. So if true, is he worth the cost?

1 of the short synopsis I read on Hudson, I believe from Walter Football, was that he damn near lost his job last yr.

chiefsb_logo.gif
Rodney Hudson, C, Chiefs. Age: 26.
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

Rodney Hudson was just above average in 2013, but he was coming off a leg injury. He had to fend off competition to become the starting center, but held the job. He took a big step in 2014, playing as one of the top centers in the NFL. Just 26 in July, Hudson should continue to improve.

maybe wisniewski ? doesn't make sense to me that OAK has all that $$$ but not willing to pay this kid ? it was stated somewhere they weren't willing to pony up.

raidersb_logo.gif
Stefen Wisniewski, C, Raiders. Age: 26.
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

Stefen Wisniewski has been a key cog in Oakland's line front for four years now. One of the top, young centers in the NFL, he'll be just 26 in March.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearsay from a Chiefs fan. So if true, is he worth the cost? You could spend a lil extra on Knighton and then draft OL.

like draft FSU C Cameron Erving :noidea:.... I'm not sure how he flew up the top 5 Center chart having only played 7 games there but most all analysts/scouts are on board as him being the very best this year and it's also said, he could play all 5 O-Line positions.... I'll disagree with that assessment by saying, I could see him possible excelling at LG/C and a big maybe at RT but not LT/RG

Erving would be worthy at #23, IMO, if he were there. I'd prefer LSU La'el Collins but I expect him to be gone before #23

WalterFootball.com: 2015 NFL Free Agents - Centers

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy, Knighton may possibly come at a price, say 6-8M, but Langford should be relatively cheap at 2.5-3.5M.

The question becomes, is Hudson seeking out 7-8M per. I would pass as he isn't Alex Mack and I sure as hell wouldn't pay that kind of money for a C, not even to Mack like Clev did. That's just me

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much geared up for the departure of Suh. Its just too many buyers in that game. The Lions win either way if you ask me. I like the idea of Suh coming back and having the ability to continue to add more pieces around him but I also like the possibility if the Lions keeping that cap space and being very active in FA.

I predict the Lions take a shot at Spiller either way and someone like Chris Johnson if that falls through. If Suh leaves, we sign Fairley, Hudson, Spiller and Langford.
Drafting a RB might be the best option.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be idiotic to get Spiller, wouldn't it? If they wanted an injury prone elusive back, why not keep Bush for the $1.7 mil, which is probably half what Spiller will command.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely lose if Suh leaves at a reasonable salary. Nothing we sign with that money will perform as well as Suh.

This year I'm pretty nervous about all the teams with tons of cap money to spend to get to the league minimum. FAs may get vastly overpaid and if so, we should extend our own guys, look for decent FA value where we can, and move some cap money into this year on Stafford or Calvin to free up money down the road.

I'd sure feel better if we'd been the ones to sign Darnell Dockett at under $4MM per year for just 2 seasons.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max, Dockett is coming off that ACL as a 34 yr. old... it was a good $$$ signing for niners but I'm pretty sure Dockett had a Labrum/shoulder issue 2 yrs ago

I can agree with your spending tactics on this years FA and saving money for down the road tho.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh leaves, we lose.

And lose a lot. Atleast 8, maybe 10 games next year.

He's not replaceable. Especially with crumby FA RBs.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly tends to be underestimated by many Lions fans because he goofed off most of his time here. I think another team will be desperate enough to still pay for his potential. His upside is higher than anyone else available if he puts the work in.

I am OK with Langford and Mosely and Knighton. 2 of those 3 and draft another. I am not looking to bring in a center. I would rather draft a guy like Ervin and let him play guard. Swanson will be our center. Seems like that was what I got from the reports after Ravioli got shitcanned.

Would I like for Fairly to come back? I am not sure. Still on the fence about it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Spiller will be in play with the $$ he's seeking. He reportedly turned down a long-term deal from the Bills worth an average of $4.5 million a season.

Losing Suh would hurt, but you're absolutely right LionsTop that we'd be in great shape with the extra cap space. Suh is a beast and the best DT in the league, but anyone who thinks losing him will result in us losing 5 more games next year then we did last year, solely because Suh is gone, is an idiot. One player on a defense of 11 is not responsible for 5 wins all by himself, but I think sane people already understand that...

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many L's losing Suh will net us this season, but certainly a fair number. The guy gets double-teamed constantly. His replacement won't. That changes a lot.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Suh is automatically going to net a team 5-8 wins in a season all by himself then all 32 teams better jump into that sweepstakes. I guess I need more of an explanation to understand how that works. The Lions havent really done squat with him so how does that change now? Why hasn't Watt been able to lead Houston to the promise land by himself?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about bringing in Vince Wilfork? Think he's done?