• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Gettem Chip!!!

GritsandGravy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why anybody would rule it out and say there is no way to Mariota. Chip has collected Ducks since the day he took over, even taking guys in the draft rounds before they were projected. You can't really believe that if he has a shot at Mr. Duck MM that he wont take it? That being said, doesn't mean he has the ammo to get it done. But I think he will unload the clip trying to.

And whats wrong with the team that everyone makes fun of for not winning a "Super Bowl" finally taking a risk in pursuit of the the elusive ring that other team's fan have rubbed in our faces even as those rings collect decades of dust. As a fan I am ready to gamble. MM might be a terrible pro, but to quote my state's lottery slogan, "you cant win if you don't play".
You gamble small you win or lose small, but if your gamble big.......

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota is a STUD, and will take Chips offense to new heights immediately. Watch some fuckin Tape for God sakes. The kid has it man, poise, a rocket arm, Jets, and he is fuckin smart!

So what he is a stud. He is not worth the cost it would take to get him. It is pretty much mortgaging the future for a QB that is not guaranteed to even be a productive starter. There are many QB's that you, I and many others though were going to be great NFL QB only to be proven wrong. The same can possibly be said about Mariota as well.

The Eagles had a top offense last year that will score a lot more points because we have Murray in the back field taking red zone snaps.

I would love to have Mariota but not at the cost some of you are suggesting.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what he is a stud. He is not worth the cost it would take to get him. It is pretty much mortgaging the future for a QB that is not guaranteed to even be a productive starter. There are many QB's that you, I and many others though were going to be great NFL QB only to be proven wrong. The same can possibly be said about Mariota as well.

The Eagles had a top offense last year that will score a lot more points because we have Murray in the back field taking red zone snaps.

I would love to have Mariota but not at the cost some of you are suggesting.
WHat is the cost dude??? Kendricks??? Kendricks is gone after this year bro, so say bye bye....Boykin? Boykin is gone after this year, again say Bye Bye....Curry??? Same deal most likely gone after this year...Cox? Well let's see first he will cost a kings ransome to keep, but if Cox is the diamond that gets us a franchise QB for the next 10 years I ABSOLUTELY 100% do it! No brainer. trading our first rd pick in the deal is a given being we are getting Mariota in the deal...Trading Sam Bradford in the deal would also be a no brainer. So if Tampa Bay wanted Sam Bradford, Fletcher Cox, Michael Kendricks, Brandon Boykin and our #20 pick for #1 I'd do it in a NY minute!!!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Sam Bradford in the deal would also be a no brainer. So if Tampa Bay wanted Sam Bradford, Fletcher Cox, Michael Kendricks, Brandon Boykin and our #20 pick for #1 I'd do it in a NY minute!!!

That deal would make me sick.

Fletcher Cox? No way I include him in that deal.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see a single scenario where a trade to get Mariota would be in the best interest of the Eagles. I mentioned this before but giving up so much for one player always bites you in the ass. I have yet to see a team that did that be successful.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles just exercised a 5th year option on Fletcher Cox. Some reporters are tweeting that they think this means he is not getting dealt.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mort was just on ESPN affirming the ideal that we likely hold on to Bradford as he isn't interested in signing an extension with anyone else.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whats wrong with the team that everyone makes fun of for not winning a "Super Bowl" finally taking a risk in pursuit of the the elusive ring that other team's fan have rubbed in our faces even as those rings collect decades of dust. As a fan I am ready to gamble. MM might be a terrible pro, but to quote my state's lottery slogan, "you cant win if you don't play".
You gamble small you win or lose small, but if your gamble big.......

Bradford is the way better gamble.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see a single scenario where a trade to get Mariota would be in the best interest of the Eagles. I mentioned this before but giving up so much for one player always bites you in the ass. I have yet to see a team that did that be successful.

It wouldn't even be in our best interest to take him at 20, but at least in that scenario it doesn't hurt us as much.

GritsandGravy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is the way better gamble.

IMO Bradford represents longer odds due to his documented injury history. He was brittle @ OU and in the NFL. He might be a talented QB but if he never plays he won't ever be a great QB. You only have a one year look. If he plays well are you willing to pay big bucks and hope the injuries are just a long series of flukes? You have to be plain lucky to win on a long shot.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That deal would make me sick.

Fletcher Cox? No way I include him in that deal.

Count me in on the hell no for including Fletcher Cox. THAT WOULD BE INSANELY STUPID! Hell to the No!
:hellno::nono::tsk:

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mort was just on ESPN affirming the ideal that we likely hold on to Bradford as he isn't interested in signing an extension with anyone else.

We aren't getting MM!

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree::thumb::yes::clap: It's not happening!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Bradford represents longer odds due to his documented injury history. He was brittle @ OU and in the NFL. He might be a talented QB but if he never plays he won't ever be a great QB. You only have a one year look. If he plays well are you willing to pay big bucks and hope the injuries are just a long series of flukes? You have to be plain lucky to win on a long shot.

Bradford has a way higher ceiling. So what if their floors are both low? Mariota could get hurt too, and he will get hurt if he's running around a lot and can't find his 2nd and 3rd reads.

When would Mariota become a better NFL quarterback than Sam Bradford anyway? Game 1? Game 40? 5 years? Never?!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What fuckin ceiling??? Bradford has been a complete utter NFL Bust! WTF Upside??? He has Sucked Donkey fuckin balls his entire disgrace of an NFL career and we gave up Nick Foles a Proven winner and a 2nd rd pick for him! i'm still fuckin steaming over this disgrace of a trade!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we gave up Nick Foles a Proven winner and a 2nd rd pick for him! i'm still fuckin steaming over this disgrace of a trade!

This is why there is no way in hell the Eagles plan on going after MM. We gave up a lot just to get Bradford and then some expect the Eagles to give up half the starting defense just to get QB who is just as likely to be a bust as he is to be a star.