• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Gettem Chip!!!

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I want Mariota is at 12 or below. No way the Browns, Titans or Jets want him and I don't see anyone else that would. He fits in Chip's system and that's about it. If he trades up to two for him it will be a schooling laid on him by the pros. If he gets him in the top 3 the pressure to win will be immense and probably unfair to Mariota.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said if we get him Chip should be able to make it work.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on weather or not the coach thinks a particular QB is "the one" for his system. If Chip identifies Mariota as that guy you do what you have to do to get him. WIZ may very well be correct in other teams pretending to have interest in taking him early as part of the mind games always played ... but again if Mariota is "the one" you don't take the chance. Only Chip knows who's best for the system ... he may believe in Bradford being that guy as well and just making sure he can stay healthy for a season be4 committing to him long term. This will certainly be an interesting next few days :)

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Bradford is here. The Eagles pro shop has Tebow jerseys and no Bradford anywhere. WIP is the only one talking about it but you can't buy one anywhere.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too. I just hope it's not 3 1's and a player for him.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez was fairly terrible last year. If he is the QB for the next few years, then you've traded Foles, picks, and cap room to have Sanchez stink up the joint. Awesome.

Sanchez was better than Foles in 2014. I think that if they didn't trade, it was going to be open competition between Foles and Sanchez for the job this year. From a football perspective, I think this trade was all upside and no downside as the Eagles feel that Sanchez was just as good as Foles (which was not that great frankly.)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez was better than Foles in 2014. I think that if they didn't trade, it was going to be open competition between Foles and Sanchez for the job this year. From a football perspective, I think this trade was all upside and no downside as the Eagles feel that Sanchez was just as good as Foles (which was not that great frankly.)

I think that Nick (whom I like a lot, but I understand his ceiling isn't that high in Chip's O) really benefitted by being in our O in chip's first year, when we caught most teams off guard a bit. Last year would have been different even if the O-line was intact, and Nick was healthy. Nobody can tell if Sanchez would have had the year that Foles did in 2013, and it is a moot point now. Sanchez is a quality backup who can step in for a game now and then, and that's what his suit is.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This also doesn't make sense. The Rams said they dealt with Philly because they wanted Foles and Cleveland couldn't trade them a decent QB. It also would make no sense for Cleveland to trade a 1st for one year of a highly priced Bradford. It's not like Cleveland is a QB away from a potential championship. It only makes sense for them if they can negotiate with Bradford on a long-term deal. Also, it means that the Eagles have no extra 1st round pick in a 3-way trade up scenario that involves Cleveland.

And if Bradford was open to signing with Philly, then why has a contract not been discussed?

It's a lose-lose situation for Philly. If Bradford plays well and demands more money here or elsewhere, then it's the Eagles lose in the trade. If he doesn't play well or is injured, then it's also a lose for Philly (in cap numbers, draft picks, and Foles). You only deal a starting QB and picks in order to get a starting QB for more than 1 year. Do you not agree?

I agree its got some risk, but its not unprecedented to trade for a guy in the last year of his contract. It happens all the time in the NBA. It gives the player and the team the opportunity to get to know each other before signing a long term deal. Lower risk for both player and team really.

I also think its ludicrous to think that the Eagles traded for Bradford with the idea of simply using him as a trade chip. Bradford was available to any of these teams that wanted him when the Eagles did the trade. If another team really wanted Bradford and thought he was worth more, Bradford would not be an Eagle today. And its not like Bradford is worth more now than he was a month ago. The Eagles traded for Bradford because they like the guy. I also assume that they did a fairly exhaustive look at what it would cost to get MM before they did this deal as well and came to the conclusion it was not going to happen. The idea of the Eagles getting MM is really all just media speculation.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe anyone that watches football at higher than the peewee level would put mariota and Andrew luck in the same sentence. That's embarrassing.

What really is embarrassing is the fact that you don't understand that Mariota is Chips Andrew luck.
This is a disgrace really. Then ya go and see what outsiders say and they back up what i am saying....
Marcus Mariota could be Chip Kelly's version of Andrew Luck - NFL.com

even Business insider says its a smart move! LOL
Eagles should trade up for Marcus Mariota - Business Insider

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep dreamin....Best QB in the draft!

There's a real QB in this draft. With a real nfl arm. That knows how to throw nfl routes snap after snap. Who can deliver a ball into the tight spaces of the field. Who has the body to stay healthy and compete play after play from the pocket for 15 years. So actually, no.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really is embarrassing is the fact that you don't understand that Mariota is Chips Andrew luck.
This is a disgrace really. Then ya go and see what outsiders say and they back up what i am saying....
Marcus Mariota could be Chip Kelly's version of Andrew Luck - NFL.com

even Business insider says its a smart move! LOL
Eagles should trade up for Marcus Mariota - Business Insider

Andrew Luck knew how to read nfl defenses in college. Mariota doesn't have a clue. He has a massive learning curve in this league no matter where he goes. Comparisons to Luck are absurd. He doesn't do anything anywhere close to as well as Luck does/did it. Nothing. Not one thing.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone believes that Mariota is on the same level as Andrew Luck, eaglesnut. No one.

The point some are making, which I agree with, is that MM may be the ideal QB to run Chip's system. So from Chip's standpoint, he is worth a lot, more than maybe he is worth to others.

I personally would feel a lot better about the direction of this franchise if we got Mariota and tried to build with him over Bradford.