• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Gettem Chip!!!

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no trolling nor name calling and you don't want others opinions? If my message was "Calm down just trust in Chip", would I be asked to leave then?

...if it matters, you wouldn't be the first.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...if it matters, you wouldn't be the first.

I understand, and I will be out in front of running off trolls. I just don't run off every fan from other teams just because. I someone post 9 decent none troll post with the 10 a mild barb he's still welcome in my book.

For peace though I think I'll refrain from posting here. I just think Kelly has made this offseason more interesting than most. We don't know what his plan is because we've never seen this at this magnitude before.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means Chips want everyone and their brother to believe he wants MM while the whole time he looking at DB and WR.

yeah he got jumped last year for cooks so this year he's keeping it all a better secret. B that's one theory at least. I'm hopeful. Chip seems like one to learn quickly from mistakes

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah he got jumped last year for cooks so this year he's keeping it all a better secret. B that's one theory at least. I'm hopeful. Chip seems like one to learn quickly from mistakes

Again, what is the end game? If Mariota is off the board, then there is no deception. Unless you think he's trading up into the top 5 for Cooper/White or ????? Waynes?

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, keep in mind that trading up that high will involve trading Bradford to get a 1st round pick from Cleveland. If Bradford isn't our QB, we use a 1st round pick for a DB/WR, then who is our QB next year? Sanchez/Tebow? Gross.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip would only do the Cleveland trade if the trade up to #2 is already agreed on.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Mariota and think he'd be the perfect fit here ... the biggest issue I have however would be trading Fletcher Cox. The kid doesn't even turn 25 till mid December and is heading into his prime years already having shown Pro Bowl potential. If we land the Cleveland pick for Bradford and offer 19/20 and Cox ... I don't see how the Titans could turn it down. The Jets are much closer than we are at 6, but they don't have a stud like Cox to put in the deal and it's just the one first rounder this year while we'd be offering 2. Tennessee can still land their receiver at 19 or 20 and still have another pick right after it to play with. Cleveland I think wants a ready to go pocket QB and they would like to keep that 2nd first rounder to get a top notch receiver. If they trade up for Mariota they likely have to add their 2nd rounder on top of the two firsts to get it done, thus missing out on the receivers.

The biggest obstacle I see would be San Diego who may be dangling Rivers ... but it's sounding like that was all more smoke than fire. The Titans however aren't even close to competing ... I could see Rivers making more sense if they were an 8-8 type team, but they won all of 2 games last season.

If they really want Mariota and are willing to give up Cox, then I think this a decent option. Basically, it costs Foles, a 4th, a conditional 2nd next year, and Cox to get their franchise QB. The only thing I could say about this trade is that Cox doesn't hold quite as much value as you'd think because he'll need to be paid. But that's not a huge thing if you consider that if they drafted Leonard Williams at #2, then they'd need to pay him over $20M.

For the record, Cox is one of the few that I'd have a problem trading. The kid is a stud.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip would only do the Cleveland trade if the trade up to #2 is already agreed on.

Ok, then why would he be using Mariota as a smoke screen? And what would he be giving up to move up in the 1st? A 2nd won't get you too far. Next years 1st? I guess a 2nd and Kendricks could get you into the top 10.

All this talk about Boykin and Curry being of any significant value is ridiculous. In fact, I think the Eagles overpaid for Bradford and think the Browns would be foolish to give up a 1st for him. But if there's a bigger fool.....

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Gruden Camp with Mariota and Winston ... Gruden said that talking to Mariota almost put him to sleep and that he couldn't get Winston to stop talking. The kid really hates the lime light ... still not sure if that's good or bad in a city like Philly. As long as he gets it done on the field I could care less if he's the most boring QB in the league.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then why would he be using Mariota as a smoke screen? And what would he be giving up to move up in the 1st? A 2nd won't get you too far. Next years 1st? I guess a 2nd and Kendricks could get you into the top 10.

Not sure I understand the question LegoDoom ... I don't think he's using Mariota as a smokescreen, I think the interest is genuine. What I'm saying is that I don't think he's trading Bradford to Cleveland "unless" he has a move up deal with the Titans (which includes Cleveland's pick at 19) already agreed on. If there is no deal with Tennessee, Bradford simply stays an Eagle.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Gruden Camp with Mariota and Winston ... Gruden said that talking to Mariota almost put him to sleep and that he couldn't get Winston to stop talking. The kid really hates the lime light ... still not sure if that's good or bad in a city like Philly. As long as he gets it done on the field I could care less if he's the most boring QB in the league.

I'm not the biggest Gruden fan. In some of the footage I saw of him and Mariota watching film and talking, Gruden seemed put off that he wasn't talkative. It's not like it matters much on the field... Mariota would rarely be in a huddle.

If he leads by example, then I don't think it's a big deal. I guess the only negative would be if he's similar to Cutler in that regard. But I'm not sure if teammates don't like Cutler or if it's just the fans.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip has actually had very little to say about MM, its the media that keeps speculating about a trade. If you look at what Chip is doing, the draft plan seems very obvious. He has traded for a QB, signed great RBs, added depth at LB and WR, and left huge gaping holes at CB and Safety and left the team thin on the Offensive Line, while bringing in a ton of prospects at those positions for visits and workouts. Its no great mystery that they are drafting CB in the first round and then adding a Safety and a couple of guards (not necessarily in that order).

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely LOVE Winston on the board. His recall ability is just phenomenal ... he remembers who he hit on what play during the season and the situation just to boot. He even remembers what he was thinking ... his charisma and leadership are off the charts. There's nothing Gruden threw at him where he didn't have an answer and and alternative. If he can stay away from doing stupid stuff off the field he's going to be one hell of a pro. I look forward to seeing him plenty down here in Tampa.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand the question LegoDoom ... I don't think he's using Mariota as a smokescreen, I think the interest is genuine. What I'm saying is that I don't think he's trading Bradford to Cleveland "unless" he has a move up deal with the Titans (which includes Cleveland's pick at 19) already agreed on. If there is no deal with Tennessee, Bradford simply stays an Eagle.

Others are speculating that Chip is throwing a smokescreen with Mariota and that he really wants to hide the fact that he's interested in a DB/WR. My point was what is the purpose of a smokescreen if Mariota is off the board by the time he trades up to take his DB/WR? If he's planning to take a DB/WR at #20, then there's no need to feign interest in Mariota.

There are only two reasons to feign interest in Mariota. The first is for a team to take him at 2/3 so that it pushes another player down so that the Eagles can trade up to take him (for example, if the Titans aren't interested in Mariota and no other trades take place, then Mariota would fall to the Jets. By expressing interest in moving up to take Mariota, he may force other teams to jump the Jets to get Mariota. Cleveland may trade up to that spot. The Jets may trade up to #2 in order to secure Mariota). So, if the fake interest in Mariota gets another team to trade up into the top 5, which gets the player that they really want to not be picked and fall a few spots, which creates a scenario where they trade up to take the player that they want to fall (but don't have to trade up to #2 to get). If that's really the case, then they would need to trade Bradford to get up that high or mortgage future first round picks (or Cox).

The other reason is to show interest in Mariota is that other teams may think the Eagles won't be trading up as their player is off the board, which relaxes other teams to think that the player they want may fall to them based off of the teams picking ahead of them. It gives the Eagles the chance to make a surprise trade up to jump a team that may want a DB/WR. If that was the case, then they'd need the ammo to get into the top 10. But, they won't have the ammo from a Bradford trade, so they'd need to use a future 1st, Kendricks, or Cox. None of those options are too appealing to me. And it's not a great strategy as teams should be aware that any team could jump them.

Not signing Bradford to a new deal shows that they want to move up to take Mariota. And if they are using it as misdirection, then I don't think they have the ammo to trade up into the top 5/10 without giving up more than they'd like. The only reason to pencil in Bradford as the starter for the next few years and not have him already signed is so that other teams think you'll be trading up for Mariota. But that only works if you're trying to push players down that you really want. That makes no sense to push a player down in the top 5 where it will have no ripple effect all the way out at #20. You have to trade up to make all of this feigned interest in Mariota worthwhile.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip has actually had very little to say about MM, its the media that keeps speculating about a trade. If you look at what Chip is doing, the draft plan seems very obvious. He has traded for a QB, signed great RBs, added depth at LB and WR, and left huge gaping holes at CB and Safety and left the team thin on the Offensive Line, while bringing in a ton of prospects at those positions for visits and workouts. Its no great mystery that they are drafting CB in the first round and then adding a Safety and a couple of guards (not necessarily in that order).

Trading for an expensive QB on an expiring contract makes no sense if you don't redo his deal. Who is the Eagles QB next year? And if you say Bradford, then why wasn't a contract worked out before picks were traded for him?

He also signed two FA CBs to longer deals. I'm not sure why you think that makes CB more of a target than a QB.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely LOVE Winston on the board. His recall ability is just phenomenal ... he remembers who he hit on what play during the season and the situation just to boot. He even remembers what he was thinking ... his charisma and leadership are off the charts. There's nothing Gruden threw at him where he didn't have an answer and and alternative. If he can stay away from doing stupid stuff off the field he's going to be one hell of a pro. I look forward to seeing him plenty down here in Tampa.

Didn't Gruden also love RGIII? Again, Gruden's analysis doesn't do a whole lot for me.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully believe nobody wants Mariota but Chip. If we trade Cox, Kendricks and 2 #1's it would be a disaster of epic proportions. If MM becomes a star it's still stupid. MM will be available pick 12 if nobody trades up.

Winston will probably fail in a couple years. Fla St had so much talent compared to other teams.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Mariota and think he'd be the perfect fit here ... the biggest issue I have however would be trading Fletcher Cox. The kid doesn't even turn 25 till mid December and is heading into his prime years already having shown Pro Bowl potential. If we land the Cleveland pick for Bradford and offer 19/20 and Cox ... I don't see how the Titans could turn it down. The Jets are much closer than we are at 6, but they don't have a stud like Cox to put in the deal and it's just the one first rounder this year while we'd be offering 2. Tennessee can still land their receiver at 19 or 20 and still have another pick right after it to play with. Cleveland I think wants a ready to go pocket QB and they would like to keep that 2nd first rounder to get a top notch receiver. If they trade up for Mariota they likely have to add their 2nd rounder on top of the two firsts to get it done, thus missing out on the receivers.

The biggest obstacle I see would be San Diego who may be dangling Rivers ... but it's sounding like that was all more smoke than fire. The Titans however aren't even close to competing ... I could see Rivers making more sense if they were an 8-8 type team, but they won all of 2 games last season.

FWIW, SD says that Rivers is not anywhere. They'll keep him, even if the move to LA. Money talks.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foles is boring too.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WIZ, I think you are wrong. I think the Jets would take Mariota if he slipped that far. But I don't think he will. I fully support a trade up. I am sick at the thought of Foles getting dealt and Sam Bradford being our QB and I want some reason to get excited about this team going forward.