• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fallout

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certain that everyone else already knew this, but I just noticed it…

The ENTIRE season is dropping tonight. Not just Episode 1.

Well, I will be fully glued to the TV tonight, beginning in about 5 mins…

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 episode in…

I like the tone. It captures the personality of the game pretty well. The soundtrack is perfect. They are hitting each of the songs featured in the games. Very nostalgic.

I am not a huge fan of the changes they made to the concept of the vaults, but it is still early, and there are hints that they will deal with that part of the story appropriately.

On to Ep2…

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got through E4.

The story is REALLY slow. I guess that is kinda keeping true to the feel of the games, though, so maybe that isn’t such a horrible thing. I will try to finish it tomorrow, but the episodes are REALLY long, so it might actually last til Friday.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts through 4 episodes…

This show takes place 9 years after the events of FO4.

I like that they provided a decent explanation as to the existence of all the different Dogmeats.

Interesting backstory for the Ghoul. And they confirmed a long held theory about Vault Boy’s “thumbs up” meaning.

Vault 33 is not in Santa Monica, as the exterior makes it appear and everyone assumed from the teasers. I guess that is supposed to be Atlantic City instead? Gulpers are known to exist in the New England area, so that adds to the consistency of that location.

They are 100% working towards the 31/32/33 vaults being true to Vaults in the FO universe. I am excited about learning more about what they are.

What everyone referred to as Megaton, really only slightly resembles Megaton in design, but doesn’t have the primary feature of Megaton. I am OK with it being a completely different location.

The location change that occurs throughout the show was a bit extreme. That is a pretty massive distance to travel on foot. And it crosses regions that are known to be very rough in the FO universe, both due to factions who control those areas as well as areas ravaged by the war. Maybe 33 is not in AC and “Filly” is not Philly? And no mention (yet) of the primary faction that controls the area that the show features now.

So far, they have not shown anything that breaks canon. They haven’t confirmed canon yet, but at this point everything fits so the show can exist within game-canon.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ep 5 really makes me think this show is, in fact, part of game canon. So many little references that solidify it for me.

I am still waiting on one pretty major aspect to the games that hasn’t been referenced yet. Though I fully trust it will be a factor soon.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ep 5 really makes me think this show is, in fact, part of game canon. So many little references that solidify it for me.

I am still waiting on one pretty major aspect to the games that hasn’t been referenced yet. Though I fully trust it will be a factor soon.
Any mention of New Vegas?

I am on episode 2.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any mention of New Vegas?

I am on episode 2.
Nothing direct. In Ep 3, there is an extra that looks like he MAY be part of the legion, but I may be seeing what I want to see there. Ep 5 is the first direct mention of things that have happened in previous games.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing direct. In Ep 3, there is an extra that looks like he MAY be part of the legion, but I may be seeing what I want to see there. Ep 5 is the first direct mention of things that have happened in previous games.
Episode 1 was fantastic.

The acting was quite good I thought. The naivety of the Vault dwellers was captured really well I thought. They simply don't know any better.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Gaaaarrryyy. I only watched episode 1 thus far

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the show doing some justice to the series.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finishing the Steve Martin jam on Apple TV… then I’m on this. Very excited.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished 7, starting 8.

This is such a good show. 2 major aspects they haven’t touched yet…

Super Mutants and the Mysterious Stranger - is Cooper the Mysterious Stranger? Hmmmm

But it is probably good to hold something back for future seasons.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished.

LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!

The ending was fucking fantastic. If nothing else, the final 10 seconds makes the whole thing worth it.

IMHO, this show is 100% game canon.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My overall thoughts…

Vaults 31, 32 and 33 are actually in Santa Monica. Filly isn’t “Philadelphia”, but just a LA landfill. The whole thing takes place in the LA area. But the Elder tells Maximus (I don’t like that they named him that) tells him and Titus that they need to go to California. Maybe they start in Chicago? I will need to rewatch the whole thing to catch those kinds of details.

There were plenty of hints to the existence of Super Mutants (one if the wanted posters in the “NCR President”s office, for example) and the hints at the board meeting. The show takes place WAY after the FEV, so I hope they don’t go too deep into that. Just jump into the fact they exist.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the board meeting. ROBERT FUCKING HOUSE!!! I would have liked for John-Caleb Bradberton to have been there, but I suppose it is ok to not make EVERYONE part of the conspiracy.

They have to deal with the Stranger at some point, right? Too iconic to not address.

Kinda disappointed that they didn’t incorporate SPECIAL. That is so important to the game, I am not sure how they didn’t work it in somehow.

I am glad they didn’t focus on the Prydwen. They hinted at it in one of the early episodes, then showed it in the distance at the end. I know they called it something else during production of the show, but I don’t believe they named it in the show, so it may still be the Prydwen. If it is, it has been 9 years since the events of FO4, so I suppose it could have left the Commonwealth to go back to Chicago and then made it’s way to California during this show. If they do that, I can accept it.

Whats the deal with Moldaver? Was she just a really healthy looking ghoul? We have never seen anything like that in the FO universe before. She wasn’t part of VaultTec (obviously), so it doesn’t make sense that she was in a cryochamber.

OK, how about that closing shot? OMFG! But House is dead, and that is canon, so what’s the point? I suppose they want to introduce the current Caesar? Would Hank even be aware of what happened there 30-40 years prior, or is he just going to meet up with House? Big MT is still an entity there, iirc, so maybe that’s where they are going with that?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never played the games. I have gotten through 4 episodes of the series and it's pretty good imo. Can't wait to see the rest of this season.