• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fallout

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have low expectations for this, but I am still super excited. These things RARELY work out. But the Fallout world is so strong, it really deserves to be explored on screen.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazon loves their production values, so I'm sure it will look good.
Hopefully, they'll focus on the characters and the story in this adaption.
From what I understand, the writing team is solid.

Looking forward to it.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played fallout when it first came out, tried a few throughout the years. Really always liked the world and look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Extremely worried the What The Fuck world team is doing it, i enjoyed the first season but the it was mostly like WTF?!? not sure i finished watching the series, maybe? Dont care

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazon loves their production values, so I'm sure it will look good.
Hopefully, they'll focus on the characters and the story in this adaption.
From what I understand, the writing team is solid.

Looking forward to it.
Yeah based on the trailer it looks like they nailed the ambience, which is cool. I too hope the writing and character development is something they nail.

Also, I don’t know why but I hope they have at least one scene where some random says they’ll give someone 100 caps for 20 wonderglues or something similar, be a nice fetch easter egg. Lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they were placing the show in the same universe as the games though. Bringing Megaton to LA and making the main goal of the BoS to “protect the wastelanders” is some pretty heavy retconning. And giving the BoS a second Prynwin is a bit hard to swallow as well, seeing as the Prynwin was a Jerry-rigger one-off vehicle that was built from parts found in Pittsburgh by the remnants of the off-shoot DC faction of the BoS.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FO3 and FO:NV Are worth multiple play throughs. At least at the time (the mechanics and graphics are a bit out of date now, unfortunately). FO4 is worth a detailed single play through (I have tried multiple play throughs, and it just didn’t hold my attention). I have never played 76, even though I have heard they addressed most/many of the issues at launch.
Oh FO4 has a ton of replayability. The paths to finish with the Brotherhood and the Institute are very different. Throw in the other factions of the Railway and the Minutemen and you have 4 very different paths that you need to take to finish the game. Considering that making your choices can also put you in direct (and potentially violent) opposition to the other factions and the differences are very non-trivial.

I would also recommend the DLC Far Harbor. Basically Maine (Bar Harbor) with a pretty interesting region to explore with some challenging factions and dilemmas to deal with. You can even collect in another quest there a nifty suit of Marine Recon Armor. Not as good as brotherhood power armor but probably the best non-power armor available. Winning with that is a very nice challenge.

I would put FO3 and Fallout New Vegas as the best of Fallout games too but Fallout 4 is a good game too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved FO3 & FO4. Will absolutely be watching this.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really

• The dog companion in the Fallout show is named CX404, not Dogmeat, but still serves the same role and has fans wondering why the name was changed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really

• The dog companion in the Fallout show is named CX404, not Dogmeat, but still serves the same role and has fans wondering why the name was changed.
404 is a reference to all the bugs that have plagued all BGS games.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GGGAAAAARRRRRYYYY!
GGGAAAAARRRRRYYYY!

Hopefully a Gary episode

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they AT LEAST have Mysterious Stranger Easter eggs. No way they will avoid that.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to this show not least because of the cast.

I was really pissed when "Yellowjackets" killed off Ella Parnell's character.
Been a fan of Walton Coggins since "Justified" and Kyle MachLaclan from "Dune" and "Twin Peaks".

I recall the first Sci-Si book I read was "A Canticle for Liebowitz" and have been hooked on post-apocalyptic stories ever since. Will be an interesting comparison to "Silo."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to this show not least because of the cast.

I was really pissed when "Yellowjackets" killed off Ella Parnell's character.
Been a fan of Walton Coggins since "Justified" and Kyle MachLaclan from "Dune" and "Twin Peaks".

I recall the first Sci-Si book I read was "A Canticle for Liebowitz" and have been hooked on post-apocalyptic stories ever since. Will be an interesting comparison to "Silo."
Are you familiar with the FO franchise? It is a really fun world. I just wish they made the show cannon to the games, which it looks like it will not be (Megaton is not in LA, and the Prydwin was a ship the BoS built “on the fly” from parts found in The Pit, so having another one in LA doesn’t make sense in the same canonical world).