• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fallout

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yea... Only played FO4 and never got around to actually finishing it. I was down to making the choice between 2 factions (BOS & Institute) and got carried away with building up all my forts into mansions.

TV Show sounds legit!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how they will workin the launch errors into the pilot episode. That will be very interesting to see how those get factored in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation time...

Where will it take place? DC? Boston? LA? Vegas? West Virginia? Somewhere brand new (Chicago (BoS), Colorado (Legion))? I doubt it will be Vegas (or Colorado), that was not Bethesda. Same with LA. While WV would tie in best with their CURRENT product, the problems with that product probably will cause some uneasiness in going there. I think it will be DC. More iconic geography and that was the location that REALLY put FO on the map.

Will Three Dog make an appearance. The actor has not hit it big, and he seems to get a lot of attention whenever a new FO product gets released. I don’t know that he will ever make an in-person appearance, but I suspect he will offer some kind of voice over narration for the show.

How will the show be formatted? Will the Lone Survivor discover a different vault every few episodes and each vault will be a mini-arc (kinda like classic-Who)? Will it deal with Vault-Tec as the big bad from day 1? Will China be the enemy foreign power? How will they deal with the American cultural split from the FO universe to the real world (how US culture froze in the 50s in game)?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who plays Dogmeat?

Agree with @calsnowskier.
This has potential.
Finding different people. Different vaults. Clues about what happened.

Could be serious.
Could be a comedy.
Hopefully a little bit of both.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who plays Dogmeat?

Agree with @calsnowskier.
This has potential.
Finding different people. Different vaults. Clues about what happened.

Could be serious.
Could be a comedy.
Hopefully a little bit of both.
If they stay true, it has to be a dramady. Hard to take a world that froze culture for 100 years completely seriously. And to take a nuclear war riddled world as a total comedy.

Granted, finding that right mix will be difficult in a live action show.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yea... Only played FO4 and never got around to actually finishing it. I was down to making the choice between 2 factions (BOS & Institute) and got carried away with building up all my forts into mansions.

TV Show sounds legit!

FO3 and New Vegas are worth your time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FO3 and New Vegas are worth your time.
FO3 and FO:NV Are worth multiple play throughs. At least at the time (the mechanics and graphics are a bit out of date now, unfortunately). FO4 is worth a detailed single play through (I have tried multiple play throughs, and it just didn’t hold my attention). I have never played 76, even though I have heard they addressed most/many of the issues at launch.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated westworld.
That’s too bad I enjoyed all of the seasons. The second and third weren’t as good as the first but they were all really good in my opinion.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s too bad I enjoyed all of the seasons. The second and third weren’t as good as the first but they were all really good in my opinion.
I started all 3 seasons with new enthusiasm but did not finish any with vigor....

...and I'm a binge expert...

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FO3 and FO:NV Are worth multiple play throughs. At least at the time (the mechanics and graphics are a bit out of date now, unfortunately). FO4 is worth a detailed single play through (I have tried multiple play throughs, and it just didn’t hold my attention). I have never played 76, even though I have heard they addressed most/many of the issues at launch.
I played 76 at launch and got really into it. There was very little end game stuff to do, and got boring pretty quick. Then the bugs and griefing hacks made it unbearable. I did hear it got a lot more fun but never gave it another look.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a new show based on a video game?

Don't do games but I do watch shows...
Are you familiar at all with the Fallout story or feel? This could be very interesting. But I am not sure the proper tone can be achieved in live-action.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you familiar at all with the Fallout story or feel? This could be very interesting. But I am not sure the proper tone can be achieved in live-action.

I'm not familiar with any video games. But it might be interesting.

We were fortunate to not have to go the Nintendo, Sega, PS route. My son with his epilepsy can't abide by flashing colours and flickering screens.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have people seen the Book of Eli? I thought that was a pretty decent recreation. It's possible.