• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: The Seattle Seahawks Thread

How Far Will the Seahawks Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread is for discussion of everything, not just the poll. Not sure how to make a poll when we know about them. Didn't want it obvious nor to flood the board at once. Asking for record, playoffs or not, etc. are still guesses.

I understand, it's all good !! :thumb:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. 21 Hours to vote.

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to attempt to bust my newb status so I can vote in these Polls before the season starts.

Which Era of Hawks History is your favorite: the 1983-1989 Hawks under Chuck "play the hand you're dealt" Knox, the Holmgren Years, or the Carroll Golden Era? If everyone unanimously votes Carroll, no prob. I am going with Knox/Krieg/Largent/Easley/Green/Norm Johnson, because I was young and very passionate about he Seahawks. They got their first taste of Playoff Success under Knox. That week between the upset win in Miami and the trip to the Raiders for the AFC Championship was unforgettable. Tony Ventrella and Wayne Cody. My only arrest of my Life occurred on New Year's Eve, 1983, when I got blasted watching the game @ Hector's in Kirkland, and things spiraled OOC from there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to attempt to bust my newb status so I can vote in these Polls before the season starts.

Which Era of Hawks History is your favorite: the 1983-1989 Hawks under Chuck "play the hand you're dealt" Knox, the Holmgren Years, or the Carroll Golden Era? If everyone unanimously votes Carroll, no prob. I am going with Knox/Krieg/Largent/Easley/Green/Norm Johnson, because I was young and very passionate about he Seahawks. They got their first taste of Playoff Success under Knox. That week between the upset win in Miami and the trip to the Raiders for the AFC Championship was unforgettable. Tony Ventrella and Wayne Cody. My only arrest of my Life occurred on New Year's Eve, 1983, when I got blasted watching the game @ Hector's in Kirkland, and things spiraled OOC from there.
Dude how can you not go the Carroll Golden Era? I've enjoyed them all, but this is by far the best, if I was making a list I would include the first few expansion years, because those were a blast.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot the "Cutting our Teeth" Jack Patera humble beginnings era. I was 5 and growing up in Tacoma when the team was born, but I consider myself a fan since then.

This is absolutely the high water mark so far, but the 80s were really fun because we were an up-and-comer with pretty low expectations....most in here who accuse Seahawks fans of only being around for a few years forget that we had some double digit win seasons back then and appeared in an AFC title game. Steve Largent and Ken Easley are legendary players; Curt Warner was a knee injury away.

This is it though. We've been the best over the past few years and our core is young and locked up. Other fans hate it but it's true. Top dog for the time being, and it feels pretty good.

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the CGE is the standard for the franchise. But I am the same age as Dave Krieg. I was in he Kingdome when the Hawks beat the Pats 24-6 in 1983. I got on National TV for a few seconds when I painted my face for the Raider-Buster game on MNF in 1984. People love the Hawks now, but in the 1980s, Seattle WAS the Seahawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the "Cutting our Teeth" Jack Patera humble beginnings era. I was 5 and growing up in Tacoma when the team was born, but I consider myself a fan since then.

This is absolutely the high water mark so far, but the 80s were really fun because we were an up-and-comer with pretty low expectations....most in here who accuse Seahawks fans of only being around for a few years forget that we had some double digit win seasons back then and appeared in an AFC title game. Steve Largent and Ken Easley are legendary players; Curt Warner was a knee injury away.

This is it though. We've been the best over the past few years and our core is young and locked up. Other fans hate it but it's true. Top dog for the time being, and it feels pretty good.
Dang right, this is the best of times. Been lots of other good times also, but next to this, the Seahawks getting a team and putting a fun team out there for fans is # 2 for me.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where the Seahawks cut Robert Turbin. 6 months ago, I'd have never thought they'd have gotten rid of both Turbin and Michael before the season started. I thought both guys played well for them last year

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where the Seahawks cut Robert Turbin. 6 months ago, I'd have never thought they'd have gotten rid of both Turbin and Michael before the season started. I thought both guys played well for them last year
Turbin was ok last year. He would typically come in for an entire series about 3 times a game to help keep Lynch fresh. Michael barely played, was inactive for many games.

But yeah, to be without both now is a bit of a surprise. Patience clearly ran out with Michael, and I guess Turbin's serious ankle injury helped them arrive at the conclusion he's not the guy they want to put in there when Lynch is done, so rip the band aid off now and get on with it.