• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: The Seattle Seahawks Thread

How Far Will the Seahawks Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, the Seahawks have been the best team in the league over the last 3 seasons.

No.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Playing the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills twice per season doesn't help your argument.

All 3 have tough defenses & NE has a better record outside their own division than they do against the AFCE during the Brady Belichick era. The NFL gives them a schedule and they usually go out and knock off a dozen wins.

Beating up on San Fransisco, Arizona and St Louis doesn't impress me much as none of those teams has an offense worth spit right now.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 have tough defenses & NE has a better record outside their own division than they do against the AFCE during the Brady Belichick era. The NFL gives them a schedule and they usually go out and knock off a dozen wins.

Beating up on San Fransisco, Arizona and St Louis doesn't impress me much as none of those teams has an offense worth spit right now.

I shouldn't have to explain the difference between "right now" and the last 3 years. SF was one of the best teams in the league during that span. Arizona has had a great defense and a capable offense, and the Rams have been the low guy on the totem pole but always give you a tough game.

The point is NE and Seattle have arguably been the best teams in the league the last 3 years, but the NFCW was clearly more difficult for the Hawks than the AFCE was for the Pats. Therefore, your airtight argument of "No," when someone said Seattle was the best team the last 3 years is just wrong. There's not an argument to be made that says they clearly were not.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to Buffalo, Jets & Dolphins??

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys were the first runners up for the losers last year .. no trophy's for 2nd place
oh man, never heard that one before! trophy's? that was also good!

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys were the first runners up for the losers last year .. no trophy's for 2nd place

Where is the meme showing the EMPTY Seahawk trophy case? .............Thanks Obama!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every four days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others. Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

Last Year: The Seattle Seahawks Thread

This Year So Far:

1. The New England Patriots Thread
2. The Seattle Seahawks Thread

It's really impossible to make even an educated guess before even 1 game is played.....
Anything can happen, so we got to see how this season shakes out...Some teams will start strong and fade fast , while some will struggle but come on strong at the end....
Last year doesn't count now, so it would be more of a how far do you want the Seahawks to go question, I think at this point...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That makes no sense... How many times did the Bills/Phins/Jets make the playoffs over the last 3 seasons vs 49ers/Cards/Rams? You're not being a realist if you think the 3 teams were mono y mono w/ one another during the past 3 years...

I'll help you...

'14 - Cards (lost in 1st round) / 0 for AFC East
'13 - 49ers (went to NFCCG) / 0 for AFC East
'12 - 49ers (went to SB) / 0 for AFC East

Bills, Jets, Phins went to the postseason, zero times... Cards, 49ers during that span, appeared in a total of 6 playoff games during the last 3 years vs 0 for the AFC East...

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't have to explain the difference between "right now" and the last 3 years. SF was one of the best teams in the league during that span. Arizona has had a great defense and a capable offense, and the Rams have been the low guy on the totem pole but always give you a tough game.

The point is NE and Seattle have arguably been the best teams in the league the last 3 years, but the NFCW was clearly more difficult for the Hawks than the AFCE was for the Pats. Therefore, your airtight argument of "No," when someone said Seattle was the best team the last 3 years is just wrong. There's not an argument to be made that says they clearly were not.

Correct, in your mind "There's not an argument to be made that says they clearly were not."

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense... How many times did the Bills/Phins/Jets make the playoffs over the last 3 seasons vs 49ers/Cards/Rams? You're not being a realist if you think the 3 teams were mono y mono w/ one another during the past 3 years...

I'll help you...

'14 - Cards (lost in 1st round) / 0 for AFC East
'13 - 49ers (went to NFCCG) / 0 for AFC East
'12 - 49ers (went to SB) / 0 for AFC East

Bills, Jets, Phins went to the postseason, zero times... Cards, 49ers during that span, appeared in a total of 6 playoff games during the last 3 years vs 0 for the AFC East...

Sorry, still not impressed.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really impossible to make even an educated guess before even 1 game is played.....
Anything can happen, so we got to see how this season shakes out...Some teams will start strong and fade fast , while some will struggle but come on strong at the end....
Last year doesn't count now, so it would be more of a how far do you want the Seahawks to go question, I think at this point...

The thread is for discussion of everything, not just the poll. Not sure how to make a poll when we know about them. Didn't want it obvious nor to flood the board at once. Asking for record, playoffs or not, etc. are still guesses.