• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: The Seattle Seahawks Thread

How Far Will the Seahawks Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those that picked win the SB still feel that confident given the hawks may have one of the all time worst offensive lines this season? :whistle:

That sounds perfect going against Quinn, Donald, and crew.

Run Russell, Run...

:popsdance:

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sept. 13 at St. Louis, noon---W

Sept. 20 at Green Bay, 7:30 p.m.----L

Sept. 27 Chicago, 3:25 p.m.----W

Oct. 5 Detroit, 7:30 p.m.----W

Oct. 11 at Cincinnati, noon----L

Oct. 18 Carolina, 3:05 p.m.-----W

I think Seattle could be around 11-5/10-6 this upcoming season.

Oct. 22 at San Francisco, 7:25 p.m.----W

Nov. 1 at Dallas, 3:25 p.m.----L

Nov. 8 bye

Nov. 15 Arizona-x, 7:30 p.m.----W

Nov. 22 San Francisco, 3:25 p.m.----W

Nov. 29 Pittsburgh, 3:25 p.m.----W

Dec. 6 at Minnesota, noon---L

Dec. 13 at Baltimore-x, 7:30 p.m.----L

Dec. 20 Cleveland, 3:05 p.m.----W

Dec. 27 St. Louis, 3:25 p.m.----W

Jan. 3 at Arizona, 3:25 p.m.----L

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those that picked win the SB still feel that confident given the hawks may have one of the all time worst offensive lines this season? :whistle:
What's different about the OL now than in May when this poll started? There really isn't a whole lot different about this one than the one we took to the SB either.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't find the line to be particularly different than the line we had last year. It was bad last year. It will be bad this year.

I think the defense will be better though. Bruce Irvin on a contract year. Frank Clark, Cassius Marsh,and a healthy Jordan Hill and Brandon Mebane are going to make the DL pretty fierce.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't find the line to be particularly different than the line we had last year. It was bad last year. It will be bad this year.

I think the defense will be better though. Bruce Irvin on a contract year. Frank Clark, Cassius Marsh,and a healthy Jordan Hill and Brandon Mebane are going to make the DL pretty fierce.
Agreed. I guess now we just have to see how many injuries we sustain. Lost Marsh, Mebane, Hill, and Avril at some point last year; all of them out by the end. Great depth up front but hopefully it's not chipped away so badly this year.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tyler Lockett can translate half of his production from the preseason to the regular season look out! That TD run was impressive. Nobody had a shot at catching him from the get off.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Jackson signing is huge lift for the RB depth on this team...

Depth overall on this team is better, especially along the DL...
Special Teams went from a weakness for the team to one of it's strengths with the addition of Tyler Lockett

The only thing that could hold this team back is the OL but we'll have to wait and see...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Jackson signing is huge lift for the RB depth on this team...

Depth overall on this team is better, especially along the DL...
Special Teams went from a weakness for the team to one of it's strengths with the addition of Tyler Lockett

The only thing that could hold this team back is the OL but we'll have to wait and see...
I guess I'm not as excited about 34 year old Fred Jackson as some of my fellow Hawks fans. With you on Lockett though. Should immediately give us one of the better return weapons in the league and bring that part of the team way up from being right around the bottom.

Lots of worry about the OL in pre-season. Can it really be worse than last year? I actually think it could be quite a bit better. Not top 10 or anything, but much better than bottom 5.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm not as excited about 34 year old Fred Jackson as some of my fellow Hawks fans. With you on Lockett though. Should immediately give us one of the better return weapons in the league and bring that part of the team way up from being right around the bottom.

Lots of worry about the OL in pre-season. Can it really be worse than last year? I actually think it could be quite a bit better. Not top 10 or anything, but much better than bottom 5.
I think FJ will help, but not that big a move. More excitited about the DL which is looking very good and ST. OL is a work in progress but will be fine. It's not like we had a great OL last few years. Add Graham and Lockett on offense, things are looking bright.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think FJ will help, but not that big a move. More excitited about the DL which is looking very good and ST. OL is a work in progress but will be fine. It's not like we had a great OL last few years. Add Graham and Lockett on offense, things are looking bright.
Agreed. With the way the team looks just about everywhere else, the OL just needs to not be a total disaster and we'll be fine as a team. Like last year and the year before.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whether Lockett takes it to the house or not - just the field position alone is going to make a huge impact imo... That's exciting in itself...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited bout Lockett but I'm thinking he will be too valuable to be returning. I get that he will be great returning but he looks to be someone special.....

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited bout Lockett but I'm thinking he will be too valuable to be returning. I get that he will be great returning but he looks to be someone special.....

He was drafted to be a return guy. We suffered too much there last year after having Harvin and Leon Washington before him. He can also be a valuable WR for us but his biggest impact will be in the return game this year.

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. With the way the team looks just about everywhere else, the OL just needs to not be a total disaster and we'll be fine as a team. Like last year and the year before.
The OL could be a fatal weakness against the Rams. Long, Fairley, Quinn, Donald, and Brockers were all first-round picks. If Foles can come anywhere close to his 2013 performance, these guys are going to be a threat in the NFC West all year. RB Gurley and possibly Tre Mason will miss Week 1, but if they get revved up, look out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was drafted to be a return guy. We suffered too much there last year after having Harvin and Leon Washington before him. He can also be a valuable WR for us but his biggest impact will be in the return game this year.
I recognize his value as a returner but you guys got very lucky and he will be a great receiver......

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL could be a fatal weakness against the Rams. Long, Fairley, Quinn, Donald, and Brockers were all first-round picks. If Foles can come anywhere close to his 2013 performance, these guys are going to be a threat in the NFC West all year. RB Gurley and possibly Tre Mason will miss Week 1, but if they get revved up, look out.
I'll take Seattle's D, QB, and run game while conceding the OL to the Rams.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt we have a stiff challenge against the Rams DL, as it has been the last couple years. I would be a lot more worried if RW didn't put 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing on them at their place last year. One of the differences for us offensively this time around is we have someone (Graham) who could pull some of that attention outside the tackle box and make life just a tad bit easier for RW & Lynch. Maybe even a splash play from Lockett here and there would also help. No easy task to start the season, but we have the horses to get it done.