• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better today losing late 5-4.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' 'Nicks' on mission to make team out of camp | texasrangers.com

Tepesch has made 39 starts for the Rangers over the past two years, the second most on the team. Along with three relief appearances, he is 9-17 with a 4.56 ERA. He had a 1.37 WHIP, which is decent considering Justin Verlander had a 1.36 WHIP over the past two years. Justin Masterson and Mark Buehrle were both at 1.35.
Tepesch also had a 3.81 ERA and a 1.34 WHIP in his last 10 starts in 2014. But he walked 21 and struck out 19. Tepesch relies heavily on a sinking fastball and decent breaking stuff, but is trying to add a changeup to his arsenal to help him get more strikeouts. He has experimented with multiple different grips in the past and settled on one this winter. He is sticking with it.

Like Tepesch, Martinez has learned much over the past year. Under pitching coach Mike Maddux, he has learned to pitch to his strengths and learn to concentrate on every single pitch.
"You can't take one single pitch off or these guys will make you pay for it," Martinez said.
Martinez also finished strong last season, going 4-4 with a 3.45 ERA and a 1.19 WHIP in his last 10 starts. He also struck out 39 and walked 17, a reflection of the effective changeup that is a part of his arsenal. Beyond that, he and Tepesch are similar in style.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tolleson, Feliz, Scheppers likely to make Rangers

The Rangers are likely to put Shawn Tolleson, Neftali Feliz and Tanner Scheppers in the bullpen this season, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Manager Jeff Banister implied that all three players would make the team out of camp. That's not necessarily a surprise for Tolleson, who led the team in relief appearances last year, but both Feliz and Scheppers had been mentioned as fringe candidates thus far.

Not sure about this? Since when have Scheppers and Feliz been on the fringe? Is there another candidate for the closers role besides Feliz at this point? Scheppers may not be healthy but I would think Nefi is 100% back.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tolleson, Feliz, Scheppers likely to make Rangers

The Rangers are likely to put Shawn Tolleson, Neftali Feliz and Tanner Scheppers in the bullpen this season, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Manager Jeff Banister implied that all three players would make the team out of camp. That's not necessarily a surprise for Tolleson, who led the team in relief appearances last year, but both Feliz and Scheppers had been mentioned as fringe candidates thus far.

Not sure about this? Since when have Scheppers and Feliz been on the fringe? Is there another candidate for the closers role besides Feliz at this point? Scheppers may not be healthy but I would think Nefi is 100% back.

Who the hell wrote that?! That's a joke. "Fringe candidates"?! Yeah, I hear that Beltre guy is a "fringe candidate" to make the team too.

If Feliz and Scheppers were "fringe candidates" to make the team, I'd love to know who this author thinks is a sure-bet for the bullpen.

The incumbent closer and set-up man are "fringe candidates"... just embarrassing.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell wrote that?! That's a joke. "Fringe candidates"?! Yeah, I hear that Beltre guy is a "fringe candidate" to make the team too.

If Feliz and Scheppers were "fringe candidates" to make the team, I'd love to know who this author thinks is a sure-bet for the bullpen.

The incumbent closer and set-up man are "fringe candidates"... just embarrassing.

Sounds like something MLB Network/ESPN would say about the Rangers. LOL! It was an absurd statement.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers SP Yu Darvish slated to undergo MRI on Friday
by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
Rangers starting pitcher Yu Darvish, who left his spring start Thursday due to right triceps tightness, will undergo an MRI on Friday.

Darvish said he was feeling much better Friday morning, but he has yet to meet with the team doctor, per The Dallas Morning News. Rangers assistant general manager Thad Levine said the team wants to be cautious with Darvish.

"I'd like to sit here and tell you we have no concern, but the reality is anytime a pitcher expresses any sort of discomfort in his arm, we're going to want to evaluate it fully," Levine said, per MLB.com. "We're going to let Dr. Meister evaluate [Darvish] and review the MRI and basically tell us how concerned we should be right now.

"With the fact that he had an injury last year, if he's expressing any similar symptoms, we're going to play this by the book before we put him back on the mound. We're just not going to leave [any] stone unturned. He's too important to the team. We just want to have every single piece of information we can possibly have before we make the next decision on him."

Hope its nothing

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers signed P Joe Beimel to one-year deal
by Jason Butt | CBSSports.com
The Rangers signed left-handed pitcher Joe Beimelto a one-year contract, the organization announced on Friday.

Beimel spent the 2014 season with the Mariners and posted a 2.20 ERA in 56 appearances. He also had a 3-1 record for the year. In 45.0 innings, Beimel struck out 25 batters and walked 14.

Numbers look pretty good, hope he can pitch to that for us this season

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sigh -- I suppose it is a good signing according to Jamey but I don't see it as 'the' missing piece to this puzzle.

How does he handle the bat and could he start if needed?

Sarcasm font