• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% ending in 5. Houston is done. Harden doesn't have much help. What a playoff he is having. He is showing who the real MVP is. This guy is a beast.
Houston played two close games on the road. All it'll take is Curry going slightly colder than normal or less bench contributions from the Warriors or basically anyone on the Warriors getting even remotely injured and it swings the other way.

Now if the Rockets dont win Game 3 then the series is over.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston played two close games on the road. All it'll take is Curry going slightly colder than normal or less bench contributions from the Warriors or basically anyone on the Warriors getting even remotely injured and it swings the other way.

Now if the Rockets dont win Game 3 then the series is over.
I have them winning game 3 losing game 4 and GS closing it out at home.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them winning game 3 losing game 4 and GS closing it out at home.
You can have whatever you want but with how much injuries have shaped the playoffs Im not sure how anyone can predict anything.

I forget my original prediction. I think it was Warriors in 6. Thats kinda what it looks like still if no major factors change.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but he has showed he can play D if he wants. He does turn it up when they need it. The guy is just fun to watch. As of right now he is my #1 guy in the league. LBJ doesn't play much D anymore either but when they need him to in the 4th he does. That is how harden is right now(not saying he is just as good on D as LBJ.)

The bold is why I can't agree with him being the best player in the game. The fact that he can play very good to great D when he wants to, but doesn't do it all of the time, shows that defense isn't as important to him.

Guys who have been truly the best players in the game like MJ, Kobe and Lebron all played elite level defense because they know how important it is. They can use it to impact the game if their shot isn't falling. That's why I think Curry or Davis will surpass Lebron as the best in the game before Harden will, they seem to understand that too.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer alert. Come on man if you think they are playing great D you are crazy. They are struggling BIG time. Harden has owned them. Im not saying they cant fix it but right now D looks shaky. yes they played better in the 2nd half but overall their D isn't playing great 46% FG. Also right now they are the 5th best Defense in the playoffs. Just stop being a Homer. Its a really bad look. game 1 46% again. I want GS to win it all but Im also realistic. They aren't playing great on D and they also have let teams back in.
Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors - Box Score - May 21, 2015 - ESPN

He made some tough shots. You gotta understand that they will make tough shots, Warriors and Houston.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston can very well win the next 2. How will their confidence be after losing two close ones? It should be high actually, they know they can play with them. It could very well be 2-0 Houston if a couple calls go their way or they make a couple different plays, but really you could say that about a lot of games.

The Warriors did what they had to do, win at home. No pressure on them now, all pressure on Houston to win Game 3. If Houston plays their game they should win, if they panick GS could win in a blowout.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He panicked. Clearly wasn't thinking straight. I can understand I guess. He probably didn't even remember they had a timeout because if you had to pick between passing to Dwight at the 3 point line or calling a timeout, you call a timeout everytime

Yeah, that's the thing, you have to have a plan when you get the ball. It looked like he really didn't know what he wanted to do. If he just did what he normally does, he at least gets a shot off.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS D didnt play that well in the 1st half and Houston got anything they wanted inside. They played better in the 2nd but Harden 1-on-1 there really is no answer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston can very well win the next 2. How will their confidence be after losing two close ones? It should be high actually, they know they can play with them. It could very well be 2-0 Houston if a couple calls go their way or they make a couple different plays, but really you could say that about a lot of games.

The Warriors did what they had to do, win at home. No pressure on them now, all pressure on Houston to win Game 3. If Houston plays their game they should win, if they panick GS could win in a blowout.

I don't see Houston winning this series now. They'd have to win 4 out of 5 and I just don't see that happening.

Having said that, who saw them winning 3 straight vs. the Clips?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer alert. Come on man if you think they are playing great D you are crazy. They are struggling BIG time. Harden has owned them. Im not saying they cant fix it but right now D looks shaky. yes they played better in the 2nd half but overall their D isn't playing great 46% FG. Also right now they are the 5th best Defense in the playoffs. Just stop being a Homer. Its a really bad look. game 1 46% again. I want GS to win it all but Im also realistic. They aren't playing great on D and they also have let teams back in.

They're still top 3 in this playoffs too. Don't let a couple spurts fool you lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Houston winning this series now. They'd have to win 4 out of 5 and I just don't see that happening.

Having said that, who saw them winning 3 straight vs. the Clips?

True, but this is a different monster. One hot game by GS and they only need one more win to close it out.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this series will go depends on game 3. If the dubs win, the series is all but over. If this goes back to GS 2-2, then it's going to be interesting. I still say Warriors in the closest 5 games you'll see.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but this is a different monster. One hot game by GS and they only need one more win to close it out.

The Clips only needed to win one more game too, they were up 3-1. I still don't see the Rockets winning this series, but I'm less certain after seeing what they did to the Clips.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont, it had nothing to do with the play. They shouldnt call a foul there, it was clock management.

I heard what mcHale said and it makes sense, they had numbers. But why not take a timeout and give Harden a set play. He was unstoppable! I would of said the same thing about any team.

Pop would of called a timeout. Phil would of.
At first I blame McHale but there were actually multiple opportunities there for Houston to score. Harden was just caught off guard and felt the pressure.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% ending in 5. Houston is done. Harden doesn't have much help. What a playoff he is having. He is showing who the real MVP is. This guy is a beast.
He definitely carried the team last night. But, how do you think this Warriors offense looks without Steph? Still good enough to get to WCF? And dont count out those "scrubs" he's carrying, thanks to them, Rockets got this far.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened against Pelicans and Memphis, GSW D wasnt great but they made the adjustments needed by Games 3 or 4.

AD and Zbo were crushing the Dubs in the first games

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that the Rockets may be feeling good about only losing by a few points in close games on the road, but if I'm the Warriors, I also feel pretty good about it. The Warriors played pretty substandard ball in their two games. They were extremely sloppy with the ball and gave Houston multiple extra possessions. James Harden put up monster numbers against them and they were still able to eek out wins.

The Warriors have thus far done a decent job of limiting the "others" and letting one man do most of the damage. If the Warriors can get clicking on all cylinders and reduce the turnovers, they're gonna be tough to beat even on the road.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is why I can't agree with him being the best player in the game. The fact that he can play very good to great D when he wants to, but doesn't do it all of the time, shows that defense isn't as important to him.

Guys who have been truly the best players in the game like MJ, Kobe and Lebron all played elite level defense because they know how important it is. They can use it to impact the game if their shot isn't falling. That's why I think Curry or Davis will surpass Lebron as the best in the game before Harden will, they seem to understand that too.
He cant they need him on offense. He has a lot on his back. just my opinion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely carried the team last night. But, how do you think this Warriors offense looks without Steph? Still good enough to get to WCF? And dont count out those "scrubs" he's carrying, thanks to them, Rockets got this far.
Curry off that team they are still a playoff team but yes they are not in WCF. Curry is a Big time player. I just think Harden means more to Houston. Curry has a lot more help. That doesn't mean I don't think Curry is a Top player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened against Pelicans and Memphis, GSW D wasnt great but they made the adjustments needed by Games 3 or 4.

AD and Zbo were crushing the Dubs in the first games
Its all about adjustments but the facts are still facts. They aren't playing great D. They are still winning so that is all that matters. I just hope they can handle the Cavs.