• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are definitely the two best teams in basketball. I hope this goes 7

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS got bailed out!
Bailed out how? That last play by Barnes was called a foul twice for Harden down the stretch. Im glad they didnt call it but you better believe Harden wouldve gotten that call if the same play happened on the other end.

And I cant believe you would want the game to end on a reach in when even thats a stretch.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Harden.....that harden is overrated.
Oh, I see you decided to show up talking shit in this series when you were nowhere to be found last series.

Ill definitely give Harden credit so far, hes been ballin in this series. But I dare you to find 2 games in the postseason AND the regular season where he played better than this? Other than that last play, Houston fans would tell you that up until that point, that was Harden's BEST game this entire season.

If he played this way, Id be a fan. Had you read my post in the other thread, you'd see my issue is more with the league than with Harden.

But you're trippin if you think Harden was ballin like this all season. How many times did we hear the announcers comment that he's doing this without FTs? But Im already knowing, you'll act like this never happened as soon as Harden struggles and resorts to flailing again

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see you decided to show up talking shit in this series when you were nowhere to be found last series.

Ill definitely give Harden credit so far, hes been ballin in this series. But I dare you to find 2 games in the postseason AND the regular season where he played better than this? Other than that last play, Houston fans would tell you that up until that point, that was Harden's BEST game this entire season.

If he played this way, Id be a fan. Had you read my post in the other thread, you'd see my issue is more with the league than with Harden.

But you're trippin if you think Harden was ballin like this all season. How many times did we hear the announcers comment that he's doing this without FTs? But Im already knowing, you'll act like this never happened as soon as Harden struggles and resorts to flailing again

This is what superstars do sir. They play better later in the playoffs. You want your star playing at his best in round 1 or in the conference finals? We both know the answer to that question

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailed out how? That last play by Barnes was called a foul twice for Harden down the stretch. Im glad they didnt call it but you better believe Harden wouldve gotten that call if the same play happened on the other end.

And I cant believe you would want the game to end on a reach in when even thats a stretch.

I dont, it had nothing to do with the play. They shouldnt call a foul there, it was clock management.

I heard what mcHale said and it makes sense, they had numbers. But why not take a timeout and give Harden a set play. He was unstoppable! I would of said the same thing about any team.

Pop would of called a timeout. Phil would of.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden was impressive last night. I admit he's starting to win me over. He's playing incredibly and doing very little of the arm sweeping and head jerking he did so much in the reg season.

Hindsight is 20/20... I think not calling the TO was the right one. Harden screwed up by passing to Howard... I think he thought the trailer was someone else... if it was anyone but Howard that would've been a good look at a wide open 3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden was impressive last night. I admit he's starting to win me over. He's playing incredibly and doing very little of the arm sweeping and head jerking he did so much in the reg season.

Hindsight is 20/20... I think not calling the TO was the right one. Harden screwed up by passing to Howard... I think he thought the trailer was someone else... if it was anyone but Howard that would've been a good look at a wide open 3.

Harden also screwed up by going towards the sideline. He should have went down the middle of the court instead

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden also screwed up by going towards the sideline. He should have went down the middle of the court instead

He was doubled by two quick defenders and as great as he is he doesn't have a great first step. He needs time to get the look that he wants and isn't somebody that's going to split defenders with little time to work with. Second he lost his dribble he should have called timeout because Howard obviously isn't the guy you want with the ball at the top to make something happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottomline: A timeout has to be called. I put that on the coaches.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% ending in 5. Houston is done. Harden doesn't have much help. What a playoff he is having. He is showing who the real MVP is. This guy is a beast.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was doubled by two quick defenders and as great as he is he doesn't have a great first step. He needs time to get the look that he wants and isn't somebody that's going to split defenders with little time to work with. Second he lost his dribble he should have called timeout because Howard obviously isn't the guy you want with the ball at the top to make something happen.

Blame should be placed on Mchale also. Coaches can call timeout. Once he saw Harden give the ball to Howard behind the 3 pt line with either 3 or 5 seconds left ( I can't remember) you gotta call a timeout. I don't mind not calling a timeout after the barnes miss but once harden is in trouble and gave the ball to howard you must call a timeout

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame should be placed on Mchale also. Coaches can call timeout. Once he saw Harden give the ball to Howard behind the 3 pt line with either 3 or 5 seconds left ( I can't remember) you gotta call a timeout. I don't mind not calling a timeout after the barnes miss but once harden is in trouble and gave the ball to howard you must call a timeout

Blatt would have called a timeout and that's saying a lot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol they played really good D in the 2nd half
Homer alert. Come on man if you think they are playing great D you are crazy. They are struggling BIG time. Harden has owned them. Im not saying they cant fix it but right now D looks shaky. yes they played better in the 2nd half but overall their D isn't playing great 46% FG. Also right now they are the 5th best Defense in the playoffs. Just stop being a Homer. Its a really bad look. game 1 46% again. I want GS to win it all but Im also realistic. They aren't playing great on D and they also have let teams back in.
Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors - Box Score - May 21, 2015 - ESPN

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is best player in the league. guy has proved that in these playoffs win or lose. havent seen a player dominate the playoffs like this since LBJ 2-3 years ago.

He's doesn't play enough defense to be the best player in the league, but he's damn good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's doesn't play enough defense to be the best player in the league, but he's damn good.

Awful player. Only good because he's the only great player in league history to ever avg 10+ free throws per game

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. The best player has to be very good-great from all facets of the game. While Hardens game is great I have yet to see average defending out of him. I love how he is in attack mode this series though.

His offense is getting almost undefendable.
Very good passer.
Very good rebounder while he is basically playing point.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden screwed up by passing to Howard...

That's what I thought too. Why are you passing to Dwight at the 3 point line? Dwight immediately passed it back, but it was too late for him to get a decent shot. If he'd have just kept the ball and drove to the hoop, he's have at least gotten a shot off or been able to dish to an open teammate.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought too. Why are you passing to Dwight at the 3 point line? Dwight immediately passed it back, but it was too late for him to get a decent shot. If he'd have just kept the ball and drove to the hoop, he's have at least gotten a shot off or been able to dish to an open teammate.

He panicked. Clearly wasn't thinking straight. I can understand I guess. He probably didn't even remember they had a timeout because if you had to pick between passing to Dwight at the 3 point line or calling a timeout, you call a timeout everytime

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but he has showed he can play D if he wants. He does turn it up when they need it. The guy is just fun to watch. As of right now he is my #1 guy in the league. LBJ doesn't play much D anymore either but when they need him to in the 4th he does. That is how harden is right now(not saying he is just as good on D as LBJ.)