• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Dallas Cowboys Thread

How Far Will the Dallas Cowboys Go in 2014?

• Lose in the Super Bowl.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the NFCC.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So far:

The Seattle Seahawks Thread - SB Winner.

The Denver Broncos Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Francisco 49ers Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The New England Patriots Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The New Orleans Saints Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Diego Chargers Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The Carolina Panthers Thread - Lost to NFCC Runnerup.

The Indianapolis Colts Thread - Lost to the AFCC Runnerup.

The Green Bay Packers Thread - Lost to the NFCC Runnerup.

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread - SB Winner beat the Saints who beat the Eagles.

The Kansas City Chiefs Thread - SB Runnerup beat the Colts who beat the Chiefs.

The Cincinnati Bengals Thread - AFC Runnerup Beat the Chargers who beat the Bengals.

The Arizona Cardinals Thread - Best Record for a Non-Playoff Team in a Hard Division.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Thread - Next Best Record, Controversially Missed the Playoffs.

The Chicago Bears Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Baltimore Ravens Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Dallas Cowboys Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys went 8-8 last year with the worst D they've ever had. The offense will score a ton of points, I think Coach Rod can get at least adequate play from the D, which will result in another win or two. Fortunately, they are in the NFC East and not the NFC West

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a toss up who wins the NFC East. So If I had to pick only one of the above I guess it's miss the playoffs because there won't likely be a wild card from the division and they are really one out of 4 to win it to me...well, I do put Wash below the other 3, but I think it's a 3 team race for the division and certainly those 3 aren't good enough to push Wash entirely out of the picture if RGIII plays better.

But, winning the division and even a playoff game wouldn't be a surprise to me

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the east. Not many were picking the eagles last yr or the skins the yr before that. With all of the injuries we still managed a 5-1 record vs the others. On paper the schedule is brutal. I think it will come down to what we do vs the NFC west and Afc south. IMO we have to go 5 and 3 vs them. 4 and 2 in division and somehow split vs no and at Chicago. That split may be the toughest thing to do. We don't know yet what these teams are going to look like right now. Injuries will dictate a lot. If Jarntt is right with the 25 percent chance thing , then it's our turn. When u get in the playoffs , there are 3 places I don't want to go. Odds are we will have to go to one. Lose in divisional round

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are at the point where we need to add 'last place in division' or something like that to the poll

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Melton can come close to producing at the level Hatcher did last year I think the D does better. I think Lawrence will be an upgrade from Ware, our secondary should hopefully improve with some stability in the coaching staff.

The Cowboys O-Line should be close to the top 5 this year, went from a major weakness to a huge stength in 2 seasons. Romo's health should determine if they are a playoff team or not.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st time in a long time that I don't have a pulse on DAL. They have pieces...just have to see how they gel on DEF mainly...playing the NFCW will take some toll...if Romo is okay and they get some production from the front 7, they can win the DIV, but you can pretty much say that about every team in east.

Tough call...imo PHI has the best OFC, but for the life of me I don't know who has the best DEF in the DIV...they need to win at least 2 of those NFCW games imo to make the playoffs. I'm thinking 9-7 and that could win the DIV.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And turnovers. Those things can just kill a season.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still look very average overall, but in a division of average teams, they keep finding themselves playing for the division in week 17. It won't shock me if that happens again.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read a couple previews that say the defense may well be worse than even last year.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting another 8-8 season. No real reason to think otherwise.

That might be good enough to make the playoffs or might be just short.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say that's a fair observation from the outside. I think the fans of the Cowboys, Skins and Giants all feel like they could put it together, but the smart money would have to be on Philly

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was tempted to put 8-8 as an option, but that would have been off the norm.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF, all of the if's that that Cowboys have turn out to be positives then I think they make the playoffs. If Spencer is healthy, if Melton can duplicate Hatcher's production, if we get improved play from our safeties, if Romo's back holds up, if Rolando McClain has anything left in the tank etc. A lot of ifs, not neccessarily over the top wishful thinking but the odds of all of them going in the Boys favor probably aren't very high.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF, all of the if's that that Cowboys have turn out to be positives then I think they make the playoffs. If Spencer is healthy, if Melton can duplicate Hatcher's production, if we get improved play from our safeties, if Romo's back holds up, if Rolando McClain has anything left in the tank etc. A lot of ifs, not neccessarily over the top wishful thinking but the odds of all of them going in the Boys favor probably aren't very high.

Hard not to agree.....pretty much an IF for every position on that defense

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that's a fair observation from the outside. I think the fans of the Cowboys, Skins and Giants all feel like they could put it together, but the smart money would have to be on Philly

NFC east is pretty weak, so 8-8 or 9-7 will keep the 'Boys in the mix. On paper, I'd have to say that Philly is the favorite based on what they did last season. In reality, any one of the 4 could emerge from that division. There's a world of difference between winning the division and having a legitimate shot at getting to the Super Bowl though.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another division title settled week 17. Cowboys will come down to defense. They can score points just can not stop people and late turnovers kill them.