• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers are going to win the cup

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Impressive that they get rid of stralman Boyle Callahan and are better then last year.

No team in the east is stopping them kings can't win 3 cups in 4 years Chicago 3 conferences finals in 4 years I think thats a lot of hockey.

This spring is going to suck

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive that they get rid of stralman Boyle Callahan and are better then last year.

No team in the east is stopping them kings can't win 3 cups in 4 years Chicago 3 conferences finals in 4 years I think thats a lot of hockey.

This spring is going to suck

too much hockey left to be saying Rangers are going to win the cup, although they have a great coach to get there again in AV.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lightning have played the Rangers extremely well this year. Callahan and Boyle have a little extra motivation when those two teams play. Rangers are very strong but Tampa can hang with them.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a rangers fan I will agree they will find a way to screw it up. Also as hot as they have been they haven't gained much ground. They are still 3rd in the Metro.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As a rangers fan I will agree they will find a way to screw it up. Also as hot as they have been they haven't gained much ground. They are still 3rd in the Metro.

im not a big believer in regular season hockey but this is the way they will play in the playoffs and i dont think anyone will be able to beat it. they can finish 8th in the conference and will be the team to beat if they play this exact same way.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not a big believer in regular season hockey but this is the way they will play in the playoffs and i dont think anyone will be able to beat it. they can finish 8th in the conference and will be the team to beat if they play this exact same way.

I mean that's the key can they maintain. For example last year the Blues were rolling they looked almost unbeatable and then dropped the last 7 games of the year and got beat out in round one. Kings on the other hand for both Cups squeaked into the playoffs and then stream rolled everyone. I like that the Rangers right now are clicking on all cylinders but we aren't even at the all star break yet. There is no way they win 12 of every 13 the rest of the way they are due for a losing streak. Unfortunately I think they lose to the Isle

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the same Cup that would complain that we were peaking too early when we'd get excited about the Devils being the hottest team in the league in January/February all those years?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Last few weeks, Rangers have been the top team in the league.
If the playoffs started this week, hard to argue anybody beating this team.
Plus, you now have the Henrik all star snub, as if the guy needs any more motivation.
Its going to be a team effort, but we all know the main guy as always will be Henrik. Right now, he is again at that elite level, after a somewhat slower start.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is this the same Cup that would complain that we were peaking too early when we'd get excited about the Devils being the hottest team in the league in January/February all those years?

LOL

way different.

the devils teams from those times were playing "great" 2-1 hockey games. you can play perfect 2-1 hockey games all year long but come playoff time if thats your strategy your going to get screwed. one bad bounce one bad call and your all of a sudden down 3-1 in a series.

rangers are peaking i believe early but what i meant is that as long as they play this exact type hockey come playoff time even as a #8 seed i think they have a legit shot at the cup. they will certainly be the team to beat in the east IMO.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I mean that's the key can they maintain. For example last year the Blues were rolling they looked almost unbeatable and then dropped the last 7 games of the year and got beat out in round one. Kings on the other hand for both Cups squeaked into the playoffs and then stream rolled everyone. I like that the Rangers right now are clicking on all cylinders but we aren't even at the all star break yet. There is no way they win 12 of every 13 the rest of the way they are due for a losing streak. Unfortunately I think they lose to the Isle

they can lose the next 10 in a row

make the playoffs on the final day of the season

in a shootout

backing into the playoffs

if they start the playoffs playing like they are now they are the team to beat IMO. they have all the pieces in place and they have the experience from last year. i hope im wrong i dont want to see bryant park again

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have games in hand on everyone. They've played the least amount of games in the league.

That being said they need a 3rd line center to put between Miller and Haglin who can hit a little and more importantly win faceoffs. Stephan and Brousard are playing soid on the first 2 lines nd Moore can anchor the 4th bu they're weak on he 3rd line. Not looking for a star or to break the bank. Hayes can continue to grow on the 4th line and fill in when necessary.

As well as they are playing they won't score in the late rounds of the playoffs if they can't win faceoffs, ecpecially on the PP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last few weeks, Rangers have been the top team in the league.
If the playoffs started this week, hard to argue anybody beating this team.
Plus, you now have the Henrik all star snub, as if the guy needs any more motivation.
Its going to be a team effort, but we all know the main guy as always will be Henrik. Right now, he is again at that elite level, after a somewhat slower start.

Henrik didn't get snubbed. His numbers are middle of the pack this year. He wasn't all that good in the regular season last year until the last 4 weeks and the playoffs. He'll turn it on when needed and I'm not worried about him but I don't see this as a snub

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do a google search for Henrik and snub and see how many results you get. All the local newspapers called it a snub. As I mentioned, he had a slower start, but as a Devils fan, I still think he deserves to be on the all star team.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do a google search for Henrik and snub and see how many results you get. All the local newspapers called it a snub. As I mentioned, he had a slower start, but as a Devils fan, I still think he deserves to be on the all star team.

I would say he should be in ahead of say Jimmy Howard but not quite an outrage based on his early season. Based on his current play you'd want him in

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one loves Henrik as much as I do but other than shutouts his numbers don't warrant it this year.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I look harder maybe it is a bit of a snub. If you remove back ups and just go with goalies with 25 starts or more he's 11th in Save Percentage, 6th in GAA and 2nd in shutouts. There was a number of games he played behind 4 replacement defensemen and they send everyone at the opponents net so he gets tested alot. Then again his top 4 defensemen are excellent defenders.

I'm still ok with it but I see where some may look at his body of work and see it as a snub.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With all star votes, you sort of count the past season(s) too. Its not just the stats from this season.

Based on this seasons stats, Backstrom probably deserves to be on there more than Ovie, but Ovie has that star factor.
Nobody on the Devils deserves to be there, but if anybody, I would have to say Jagr over Elias.

Where is Datsyuk?

I don't even know the last time I watched a full All star game anyway so really could care less. The skills competitions are more fun for me.