• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 25 (Mar 23 - Mar 29)

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the game is devolving on a weekly basis, in that each successive week the play is worse than the week before.

Still frustrated by the league in general. Even though there isn't much they can do with the Letang play, there is plenty they can do with many other aspects of the game, ie penalites, equipment, etc they deserve no benefit of the doubt on anything.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^It really is.

Probably the least interesting season of the NHL since the last full season lockout. I never thought I'd see the game revert back to the way it was being played before that lost season. Makes zero sense to me, because they are stifling offense for the sake of what, exactly? So 3rd and 4th line grinders from Saskatchewan can hang in there against a Crosby or a Ovechkin? They can't stop them playing them straight up so just let them climb onto their backs and ride them around the rink like horses? Seems like a brilliant idea from a marketing standpoint. :der:

I mean, who wouldn't want to see Brandon Dubinsky and Marc Staal beat the ever living crap out of a generational hockey player? Or why wouldn't customers be entertained by seeing a washed up Shane Doan lay out Norris trophy hopeful in the name of finishing a check?

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, by the way...

The winner of this year's Art Ross Trophy as scoring champ will have accumulated the fewest amount of points in an 82 game schedule since the 1967-68 expansion season.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, by the way...

The winner of this year's Art Ross Trophy as scoring champ will have accumulated the fewest amount of points in an 82 game schedule since the 1967-68 expansion season.

SAD!!! SMH.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL and you agree, Scouty.

I'm with you on this one evolver. It may not have met any definitions of a "dirty" hit, but I know one when I see one. If this were a pick up game Doan would have gotten the crap beat out of him. I also don't like the way they call a late hit, "finishing the check." Like he didn't have time to stop after Letang got rid of the puck. Get rid of the instigator penalty and you wouldn't see as many of these (nonsense) hits.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, by the way...

Last week my son, who has a two year old that keeps him pretty busy so he doesn't have a lot of time to watch hockey. He was over my house when the Pens were playing. He saw where Sid had 74 points and couldn't get over that he had so few points this late in the season. He was really stunned when I told him Sid was leading the league. He asked why and I told him, they stopped calling penalties. He watched the game with me and understood.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week my son, who has a two year old that keeps him pretty busy so he doesn't have a lot of time to watch hockey. He was over my house when the Pens were playing. He saw where Sid had 74 points and couldn't get over that he had so few points this late in the season. He was really stunned when I told him Sid was leading the league. He asked why and I told him, they stopped calling penalties. He watched the game with me and understood.

It's the lack of penalties called and it directly relates to the way they allow the game to be played. There is no flow to the game. Interference rules all in the NHL these days. Holding away from the puck is pretty much just an accepted way of playing the game these days. Makes zero sense to me.