• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers vs Timberwolves Mar 25, 2015

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinforcements have arrived!!!!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers win with help from refs. I'm ok with that. Didn't want to win this one anyway.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same amount of loses as Orlando now. Might fall to 5th most ping pong balls and also reduces the chance the Lakers keep their pick by a ton. Right now Lakers have almost a 20% chance to lose the pick. If they fall to 5th they will have a 35% chance to lose the pick. All this sucking and losing to help the 76ers out. Unacceptable.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same amount of loses as Orlando now. Might fall to 5th most ping pong balls and also reduces the chance the Lakers keep their pick by a ton. Right now Lakers have almost a 20% chance to lose the pick. If they fall to 5th they will have a 35% chance to lose the pick. All this sucking and losing to help the 76ers out. Unacceptable.

:gaah:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys. It's the most rigged system in pro sports. You really think the league isn't gonna fix it so that not only do you not move down. .. you'll in all likelihood move up. Look at how it all worked out for Cleveland!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hangman, I am not sure where you are getting your stats but we are still in fourth position and 3 games behind Orlando. We have a record of 19-51, Orlando is 22-51, and Philly won tonight so they are 18-54. If Philly wins two more and we lose the same, we will take over third position. So I am not quite sure where this 5th position stuff is coming from.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys. It's the most rigged system in pro sports. You really think the league isn't gonna fix it so that not only do you not move down. .. you'll in all likelihood move up. Look at how it all worked out for Cleveland!

3 outta 4 seasons for the Cavs...

too bad that crook David Stern came around to dink the Lakers' Karma...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hangman, I am not sure where you are getting your stats but we are still in fourth position and 3 games behind Orlando. We have a record of 19-51, Orlando is 22-51, and Philly won tonight so they are 18-54. If Philly wins two more and we lose the same, we will take over third position. So I am not quite sure where this 5th position stuff is coming from.

I think he's saying since we've got the same amount of losses as Orlando, it becoming a larger possibility that we'll fall to 5th than actually catch 3rd worst. The discrepancy is records is just because the teams haven't played the same amount of games to date.

3rd worst is ideal because the likely hood of dropping out of the top 5 is almost nil. But that's looking unlikely since we managed to win both games against the two teams we're fighting for that spot.

4th worst is survivable. You could still move down to 6th but the chances of 2 teams below you moving into the top 3 is pretty small.

5th worst is the second worst case scenario we could have (the first being 6th thru 14). It's a pretty good chance 1 team below you will move up into the top 3, bumping us to 6th and thus losing the pick.

We need this pick this year. There's some decent prospects at the top. We're starting to flirt with disaster a bit right now. I think we're still ok but its getting a tad uncomfortable.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Turkey. That all may be true but we 12 games left and a lot of losing can still happen on our end of things.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about this during the game. The Lakers play the most teams with losing records out of the bottom 5. Meaning they have the most winnable games and all it takes is winning a few of those and winning a few against teams they should win against and they are minus a draft pick. This pick is key to the rebuilding phase for them.

In the top 5 they will either get a Center or Point Guard that will be with the team for a long time. If it is a Center then with Randle they are very good at starting bigs and with Hill and Black they have some nice depth. Then with Clarkson at SG and Kobe at SF they are just short a good PG (Rando or Westbrook) to have a very solid starting crew.

If they get a PG then they will have a solid backcourt of the future with Clarkson and Russell or Mudiay. Then with Kobe and drafting a Center later on and using Black and Hill they again have a solid starting team + who they can grab from free agency.

If all else fails and they get Porzingis who is basically a young Pau Gasol with more defense then they might have to move Randle to the 3 and play Kobe at SG and Clarkson/Rondo at PG. Again a good team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's saying since we've got the same amount of losses as Orlando, it becoming a larger possibility that we'll fall to 5th than actually catch 3rd worst. The discrepancy is records is just because the teams haven't played the same amount of games to date.

3rd worst is ideal because the likely hood of dropping out of the top 5 is almost nil. But that's looking unlikely since we managed to win both games against the two teams we're fighting for that spot.

4th worst is survivable. You could still move down to 6th but the chances of 2 teams below you moving into the top 3 is pretty small.

5th worst is the second worst case scenario we could have (the first being 6th thru 14). It's a pretty good chance 1 team below you will move up into the top 3, bumping us to 6th and thus losing the pick.

We need this pick this year. There's some decent prospects at the top. We're starting to flirt with disaster a bit right now. I think we're still ok but its getting a tad uncomfortable.

I believe that we still have one more game each vs. the Sixers and T-Wolves, so there's a chance to correct this. However, the Lakers have to stop beating these crappy teams. :lol: