• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got to hit some balls finally

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good news...some bad.

42-46...so I'm 5 for 5 breaking 90 in '16...won't bore you with the b by b, but beautiful day to play in FEB, mid 50s...shortish par 72...6159/68.8/125...in the rota...long game was pretty good actually...in play on all 14 driving holes, 6 FWs, some chunky iron shots, but enough good ones to hit 8 GIR, putting and short game were bad...3, 3jacks, and 38 overall. zero birdies, but 6 pars

Par 5s saved the round...4 of the 6 pars were on par 5s.

Going to the putting and chipping green today.

Nice streak to start off the year. I wish I had a putting/chipping green close to practice. The wife did mention she wouldn't mind me building a putting green in the yard for me and the boy to play on. She even drew up some holes with most looking like a putt-putt course, but I like the enthusiasm.

Looking to play my second round of the year later today with my brother and a couple of his work friends. They like to drink on the course, which I know doesn't do anything for my game, but I do feel like I've earned some drinks after this week. I'll post results in my round tracker thread with a disclaimer if I do decide to partake. May have to post stats per drink.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked up the sticks for the first time all year last weekend. 45-46. Not terrible but not great...it was also a show/go round because i stayed out a little later than I thought I would the night before so the lack of warmup didn't help. Had some really awful holes but the whole round was redeemed by an eagle on a par-5. Blasted a wind-aided drive and miraculously followed that up with a good approach and sunk a putt. Normally at least one of those things is lacking in my game on any given hole and often all 3.

Gonna try to hit em up again this weekend.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked up the sticks for the first time all year last weekend. 45-46. Not terrible but not great...it was also a show/go round because i stayed out a little later than I thought I would the night before so the lack of warmup didn't help. Had some really awful holes but the whole round was redeemed by an eagle on a par-5. Blasted a wind-aided drive and miraculously followed that up with a good approach and sunk a putt. Normally at least one of those things is lacking in my game on any given hole and often all 3.

Gonna try to hit em up again this weekend.

At least you hit the one that would bring anybody back out!

Wife is out of town so I might be dbl dipping this weekend...got Sunday booked, never played this track so it'll be interesting...will look around during lunch today for a Sat time.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shot a pair of 46's last Saturday :gaah:

had another 4 inches of snow on Tuesday but temps in the 50's and 60's this week so hoping some of the courses re-open so I can go out and play shitty again

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shot a pair of 46's last Saturday :gaah:

had another 4 inches of snow on Tuesday but temps in the 50's and 60's this week so hoping some of the courses re-open so I can go out and play shitty again

That ain't that shitty man...bogey golf pretty much...actually good for so early in the season.

I did dbl dip this past weekend.

48 (incl a 10)-41...89 at my home track on Sat....6 for 6 breaking 90 in '16

45-48...on Sun...at this private track...streak over.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's supposed to start warming up here...possibly 70s by mid week but I don't know if my course will put in the sticks.

I've got all new clubs right down to the putter this year so it's gonna take some time to dial everything in I'm sure.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played the last three weekends with a 92, 89, and 88 thus far. It'll probably be a month until I get out again with a Boyz II Men concert (wife's VDay gift), Easter in New Jersey with her family, and looking to get 'snipped' to prevent child number 3 next weekend. Therefore, I'm liking this warm weather and hope to take an afternoon off to play a round this month.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to play 9 today at my local course. A little erratic but it was awesome to be out. Shot a 40 but had two birdies so I def should have broke 40. Parred the last hole to close so not bad for March 8th.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...oh, and that was with preferred lies so nothing legit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played the last three weekends with a 92, 89, and 88 thus far. It'll probably be a month until I get out again with a Boyz II Men concert (wife's VDay gift), Easter in New Jersey with her family, and looking to get 'snipped' to prevent child number 3 next weekend. Therefore, I'm liking this warm weather and hope to take an afternoon off to play a round this month.

We would be fairly competitive, I'm right in that same range right now...but I'm blaming it ALL on wet courses, so-so conditions.

Sorry to hear about your month off and pending snip...neither sound appealing. Actually having been snipped myself after my son was born, (we already had a 2 y/o daughter so one of each and healthy...I took that as a signal from above to shut it down)...it's not the worst thing in the world...make sure you leave the Dr. OFC with pain meds...enough for 2-3 days.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hitting at local golf dome for the last couple months. Courses here are opening which is incredible. This day last yr the snowbanks on the side of my driveway were 10' high , today they're a foot. Gonna play 9 this afternoon and see what happens. Just reshafted my irons yesterday and want to see how they feel. Hopefully the head stays on the shaft ,if so I'll consider it a good day.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would be fairly competitive, I'm right in that same range right now...but I'm blaming it ALL on wet courses, so-so conditions.

Sorry to hear about your month off and pending snip...neither sound appealing. Actually having been snipped myself after my son was born, (we already had a 2 y/o daughter so one of each and healthy...I took that as a signal from above to shut it down)...it's not the worst thing in the world...make sure you leave the Dr. OFC with pain meds...enough for 2-3 days.

That's def a legit excuse. Nice fresh green grass is a whole lot easier than the crap we're on now.

I'm gonna play again today.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's def a legit excuse. Nice fresh green grass is a whole lot easier than the crap we're on now.

I'm gonna play again today.

I can flub a chip in the greatest of conditions, but when the apron and fringe areas are wet and spongy like they have been lately...I'm going to bump it with a hybrid or even putt it from now on...I flubbed 4 chips last week...did 1 putt one of them to save bogey...the other 3 were all dbls...that sucked, but it happen to all of us which I why I'm blaming it on the conditions.

We're playing on dormant bermuda/red clay right now.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ended up having to schedule the snip for April 14th, so I may try to get out next weekend if the weather holds. Dr. Prescribed 1 Valium and 12 pain pills that I'll need to bring to the office the day of. And I'm definitely glad I have the insurance I do, costing me only the dr. visit copays while I know he's going to be out 1.5k+.

Like you, I've got a matching set 2 years apart with the boy then the girl. We're done.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ended up having to schedule the snip for April 14th, so I may try to get out next weekend if the weather holds. Dr. Prescribed 1 Valium and 12 pain pills that I'll need to bring to the office the day of. And I'm definitely glad I have the insurance I do, costing me only the dr. visit copays while I know he's going to be out 1.5k+.

Like you, I've got a matching set 2 years apart with the boy then the girl. We're done.

good to hear you figured out what was causing it and are addressing the problem. Best of luck

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's me yesterday:

Breaking-Clubs-s.jpg

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it's been a result of going to the gym a lot in the offseason or just getting beneficial rolls or bounces, but I've absolutely tattoo'd some drives in my 2 times getting out to the links this year.

Had 1 drive each round that ended up being about 350. Wind aided, mind you, but even still...without the wind they are probably in the 315-320 range. That's a good 20-30 yards longer than I remember hitting them before. Maybe my old man strength is finally coming in or something...either way its good times.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My swing's a complete mess. I had a sizing and it ruined it. Had a few lessons with the pro at the range I hit at but I think this season is going to be a disaster.