• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For Those Who Regret Moving to the Big12

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No regrets moving conferences. Now that the future schedule is starting to show traditional rivals in the non-conference schedule, I love it.

I'd like to schedule Pitt in basketball next season and a home and home with Pitt by 2026 in football, but that's another issue.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with the conference is the geography. Past that, I love it, much better.... Well everything.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a necessary move. Without it WVU sports would become irrelevant.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before and I will continue to say it. We are a far better fit in the Big XII than we ever were in the Big East. Geography be damned! We are far more like our new conference brethren than the megalopolis dwellers of the Big East. The schools of the Big XII come from cultures close to the earth. God fearing farmers and good ole boys. Let's face it, move them here and they'll survive. Try moving some tool from Pitt, or BC down here. I give em three days. ;)

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with the conference is the geography. Past that, I love it, much better.... Well everything.

I'm glad West Virginia is part of the BigXII.
I'm wondering who regrets it.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad. He also regrets building the new baseball stadium and having running water.

Oh, ok.
I have seen you guys have disagreement with him but never really kept up.
Just from an outside perspective, I don't think a single fan of a BigXII team regrets that WVU and TCU are on board. Really good additions.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad. He also regrets building the new baseball stadium and having running water.
MAC, what I disagree with was the act of desperation on both parties part, yes we fit better in the B12 than we did in the BE if all you look at is the basketball schools, but we have a GREAT deal in common with the football schools, years and years of playing sPitt, VPI, 'Cuse, BC, Rutgers, Temple, even a lot of history with Miami and UL. I say and will stand by it forever that there is NO team over 1000 miles away that will become a rival in any way. And some of our "superfans" trying to encourage a football rivalry with IAST is just laughable, if you want to foster a rivalry, why in the hell would you pick IAST? I am glad we have a seat at the table for now, but we went from one unstable league that sat on their hands while others made moves, content with the status quo, to another, again, I say when the PAC gets the urge to expand, it will be to take B12 schools, the trend has been to fewer, bigger leagues for a long time, and we will see four 16 team leagues soon, and the B12 will not be one of them, hence my problem with spending money on unneeded luxuries today. Within five years WVU will be begging the ACC and SEC for inclusion.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh shit...here we go again. Poppy may be correct, but at least we will have the best venues in the AAC.

By the way, Poppy, Iowa St. as a rivalry was just a joke made up by a few. You to the bait. Hopefully we will not have to hear you moan about it all season.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAC, what I disagree with was the act of desperation on both parties part, yes we fit better in the B12 than we did in the BE if all you look at is the basketball schools, but we have a GREAT deal in common with the football schools, years and years of playing sPitt, VPI, 'Cuse, BC, Rutgers, Temple, even a lot of history with Miami and UL. I say and will stand by it forever that there is NO team over 1000 miles away that will become a rival in any way. And some of our "superfans" trying to encourage a football rivalry with IAST is just laughable, if you want to foster a rivalry, why in the hell would you pick IAST? I am glad we have a seat at the table for now, but we went from one unstable league that sat on their hands while others made moves, content with the status quo, to another, again, I say when the PAC gets the urge to expand, it will be to take B12 schools, the trend has been to fewer, bigger leagues for a long time, and we will see four 16 team leagues soon, and the B12 will not be one of them, hence my problem with spending money on unneeded luxuries today. Within five years WVU will be begging the ACC and SEC for inclusion.
How do you feel about the TCU and Baylor series so far?
Comparing them to the Pitt and Syracuse games (those two just came to mind as traditional conference games for us) in my mind and....Not a comparison imo. Our new conference foes are better and we have more meaningful games. The TCU series has given us some classics win or lose already and its just easy to hate Baylor so...

Last edited:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh shit...here we go again. Poppy may be correct, but at least we will have the best venues in the AAC.

By the way, Poppy, Iowa St. as a rivalry was just a joke made up by a few. You to the bait. Hopefully we will not have to hear you moan about it all season.
NO, you are dead wrong, Mad, the B12 was trying to make up a WVU-IAST rivalry because everyone else already had a league rival. get a clue

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about the TCU and Baylor series so far?
Comparing them to the Pitt and Syracuse games (those two just came to mind as traditional conference games for us) in my mind and....Not a comparison imo. Our new conference foes are better and we have more meaningful games. The TCU series has given us some classics win or lose already and its just easy to hate Baylor so...
WTF, there was no more meaningful game in WVU history than 13-9, to even mention a team we've played four times in the same breath as a hundred year rival is ridiculous.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say there is rivalry brewing a with a few teams...Baylor, KSTATE and TEXAS...and throw in Okie STATE..

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's broaden the boundaries a bit more with 2 more teams,,,,,,,,,:heh:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or maybe Colorado State and UNLV
I mean, who wouldn't want to go to Las Vegas for some games en sech
and have a built in rivalry already like BYU and Utah State.

Hell, maybe all 4 of those schools.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or maybe Colorado State and UNLV
I mean, who wouldn't want to go to Las Vegas for some games en sech
and have a built in rivalry already like BYU and Utah State.

Hell, maybe all 4 of those schools.
Now you have gone beyond just being shitty and difficult. Sadly though, 3 of those 4 make better financial sense right now. But get the fuck out a here with that Utah State shit!