• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Ops 3 from Treyarch confirmed

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So close I can taste it!!!

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me at Treyarch. Every other year they make a shit copy cat clone with little to no innovation. It is always just a re-skin and theme change from the innovation done by Infinity Ward before them.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game looks like shit if I am being honest. And Black ops is my favorite series under CoD.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me at Treyarch. Every other year they make a shit copy cat clone with little to no innovation. It is always just a re-skin and theme change from the innovation done by Infinity Ward before them.
They've all been shitty copycats of each other for damn near a decade now. The only thing that sets them apart is the maps and Blops blows the others out of the water in that department in my opinion.

I played the beta when it was out. It is kind of cool that they added swimming and running on the side of walls. The jet packs are still too much though. They're better on Black Ops 3 because they're nerfed but overall I hate those things.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've all been shitty copycats of each other for damn near a decade now. The only thing that sets them apart is the maps and Blops blows the others out of the water in that department in my opinion.

I played the beta when it was out. It is kind of cool that they added swimming and running on the side of walls. The jet packs are still too much though. They're better on Black Ops 3 because they're nerfed but overall I hate those things.
Yeah, I was fine with MW, world at war and MW2 -- then it just became shitty copies of each other. I got a couple of the games after that but they just sucked so bad they lost my attention after like a month of playing. I'm really hoping one of these times they do something innovative so I can get back into the series because I loved it prior to this repeating shit.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was fine with MW, world at war and MW2 -- then it just became shitty copies of each other. I got a couple of the games after that but they just sucked so bad they lost my attention after like a month of playing. I'm really hoping one of these times they do something innovative so I can get back into the series because I loved it prior to this repeating shit.
World at War was my favorite and I'm pretty sure it was popular with others too because they ended up recycling quite a few of the maps for expansion packs on the later versions.

The most repetitive thing about CoDs is the lack of weapon variety. All everyone is doing at this point is selecting automatic SMGs and assault rifles that have minor differences between them. There isn't any point in using a LMG or a sniper because the maps are too small to use them effectively. If you're out there using the same type of gun with the same perks it's going to feel a little too familiar.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
World at War was my favorite and I'm pretty sure it was popular with others too because they ended up recycling quite a few of the maps for expansion packs on the later versions.

The most repetitive thing about CoDs is the lack of weapon variety. All everyone is doing at this point is selecting automatic SMGs and assault rifles that have minor differences between them. There isn't any point in using a LMG or a sniper because the maps are too small to use them effectively. If you're out there using the same type of gun with the same perks it's going to feel a little too familiar.

That's because with every version of this game they just narrow the focus of gameplay. In the older games, the maps were large enough to choose the type of game that you wanted to play. in World at war you could pick single shot rifles and hit people from afar or you could use the sub machine gun and do close quarters. I think the biggest problem with the new CoDs is the mentality of Nuketown -- that map has ruined the franchise. It illustrates everything wrong with the game. A super small map where people choose the same weapons and just spray and prey. I'm almost OK with that map being in the rotation, but the new games and maps are all modeled after that kind of gameplay. There are no maps like Estate, wasteland or derail in the new games.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because with every version of this game they just narrow the focus of gameplay. In the older games, the maps were large enough to choose the type of game that you wanted to play. in World at war you could pick single shot rifles and hit people from afar or you could use the sub machine gun and do close quarters. I think the biggest problem with the new CoDs is the mentality of Nuketown -- that map has ruined the franchise. It illustrates everything wrong with the game. A super small map where people choose the same weapons and just spray and prey. I'm almost OK with that map being in the rotation, but the new games and maps are all modeled after that kind of gameplay. There are no maps like Estate, wasteland or derail in the new games.
That's very true. It's so bad that at this point the hardcore players actually base the quality of a map on whether it has 3 lanes.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's very true. It's so bad that at this point the hardcore players actually base the quality of a map on whether it has 3 lanes.

I gave up on CoD a few years back with that one container map where people just spammed grenades constantly.... was a joke.

I don't play much FPS anymore, but when I do it is on a PC with a mouse and keyboard and is generally Battlefield franchise which aren't much better overall, but I do like the larger map size.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on CoD a few years back with that one container map where people just spammed grenades constantly.... was a joke.

I don't play much FPS anymore, but when I do it is on a PC with a mouse and keyboard and is generally Battlefield franchise which aren't much better overall, but I do like the larger map size.
Battlefield Hardline was surprisingly good.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battlefield Hardline was surprisingly good.

Have you seen Blizzard's Overwatch streaming on Twitch? I was kind of excited to see a new FPS franchise, especially by Blizz as they usually do things well... however it looks like a re-skinned version of BF2. Same concepts, same objectives, etc. Kind of embarrassed for them.. although I am sure they will make tens of millions on it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Blizzard's Overwatch streaming on Twitch? I was kind of excited to see a new FPS franchise, especially by Blizz as they usually do things well... however it looks like a re-skinned version of BF2. Same concepts, same objectives, etc. Kind of embarrassed for them.. although I am sure they will make tens of millions on it.
Not yet. I haven't spent much time on gaming lately. I tend to kind of put it all down during the football season but I'll take a look at it later.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gameplay footage Ive seen hasn't impressed me much. Lots of movement shenanigans and quick time to kills on mid range weapons should just make for a fairly straight forward run and gun experience.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have it downloading :L Im a suckers for zombies I spent too much time getting good at that shit to stop now

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Black Ops fellas? Probably going to purchase it this week

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Black Ops fellas? Probably going to purchase it this week
Purtty good. I am a zombies guy myself and the two maps provided are satisfying. The Giant (der reise) is a classic and easier to play while Shadows of Evil is difficult but a lot to explore and shit. They also have a progression system for zombies that is nice.

Multiplayer is COD, nothing dramatically different. A lot better than Advanced warefare that game was absolute shit.

Campaign I've played 1 mission so can't speak much on that but Co-op was pretty cool.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this and literally cried in laughter... @WhiteMamba will get a kick out of this

WARNING! NSFW!