• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,722.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why everybody is getting all excited about Aldridge.....I think he stays in Portland.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,722.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a great time last night but I am happy to announce I'm back home for an interesting day on tHoop.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,722.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Blazers blowing it all up?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,722.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd prefer Greg Monroe, Aldridge will be 30 in July.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge is a beast, but I am worried about our defense. Lamarcus is agreat assset, but we need a big man who can d up. Monroe will probably be the best option istead of Lamarcus. Either way I will be happy with either... GO LAKERS!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is to keep us from signing both Aldridge and Monroe? That's what I'd be doing. Play Aldridge at forward and Monroe at center and we solve a lot. We don't have to pay both max contracts.

And screw Sacramento. Karl can't be satisfied with ANY trade. Some of these sports venues just will not let this Cousins thing die. I'd be really surprised if Mitch would even think of trading Russell for Cousins straight up when Karl wants his guys from Denver.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is to keep us from signing both Aldridge and Monroe? That's what I'd be doing. Play Aldridge at forward and Monroe at center and we solve a lot. We don't have to pay both max contracts.

And screw Sacramento. Karl can't be satisfied with ANY trade. Some of these sports venues just will not let this Cousins thing die. I'd be really surprised if Mitch would even think of trading Russell for Cousins straight up when Karl wants his guys from Denver.

I agree we could probably sign both, but what would Monroe take? He earned just over $5m last year. Do you give him $7m? $8m?

And let's not forget we have to look for a SF too!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could probably get Monroe for $6 million and then get Aldridge for $16-$17 a year. Don't know how it would all play out though.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,722.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could probably get Monroe for $6 million and then get Aldridge for $16-$17 a year. Don't know how it would all play out though.

I'd love that, but I doubt it. Monroe is getting close to a max deal, Retro.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't count Upshaw out as replacing Sacre. He may easily surpass Sacre from what I have been seeing. The Lakers will keep Sacre because he is a good off-the-bench-back-up seven footer.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally it doesn't. But this years team might have 3 of next seasons starting five in it.

It still doesn't though. Summer League is just a place for rooks to get acquainted with the coaching staff and a taste of the professional atmosphere before training camp and also for guys looking for camp invites in hopes they can make the league. Results don't matter (like the Kings went undefeated or close to it last year) and plenty of good rookies have struggled and go on to do well in the regular season (and vice versa). It's just something fans should use for fun.

Aldridge is better than Monroe. Teams in general don't seem to be as high on Monroe as they were earlier, not sure why. Aldridge is older, but he's also only 29, so the Lakers would have him at an elite level for a good 5 years or so, then could look to sign someone else.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Jordan. Most seem to think that if leaves, he's headed to Dallas since he's from Texas. It'll be interesting to see if he'd rather just walk across the hall.

Combo of 2 things imo. 1) He's limited as a player. While young, he's still only effective from about 10 feet and in. He's a good passer and an average rebounder but he's not good defensively. Which is related to 2) there are better players on the market. For awhile, it looked like Monroe would be one of the only PFs out there. Now both Aldridge and Love are available. Even though both those guys would cost more (Monroe's max is lower because of his years played), they're both better players and worth the money over Monroe.

The salary cap. Aldridge's offers are gonna be close to 20 mil. Monroe is gonna be somewhere around 15 mil. He's not giving up 10 mil per year just to play for the Lakers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combo of 2 things imo. 1) He's limited as a player. While young, he's still only effective from about 10 feet and in. He's a good passer and an average rebounder but he's not good defensively. Which is related to 2) there are better players on the market. For awhile, it looked like Monroe would be one of the only PFs out there. Now both Aldridge and Love are available. Even though both those guys would cost more (Monroe's max is lower because of his years played), they're both better players and worth the money over Monroe.

Makes sense. Thanks. I hadn't really been following him very close so I knew there was less interest, but wan't sure why.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The salary cap. Aldridge's offers are gonna be close to 20 mil. Monroe is gonna be somewhere around 15 mil. He's not giving up 10 mil per year just to play for the Lakers

Yeah, last I saw, the Lakers are going to have about $30 million in cap space. That'll be enough for a max on Aldridge or Love, and a couple of mid-level type guys, but not enough to get Monroe along with Aldridge. Besides, with Randle, we don't really need Monroe if we get Aldridge.