• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do we keep DeAngelo?

Does he go over the summer or do we wait until the deadline?

What are the benefits or ramifications of both?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Finally some good news from our farm system.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is interesting to me. He's 21 and has good size and only 7 defenseman were drafted ahead of him in the 2020 draft.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is interesting to me. He's 21 and has good size and only 7 defenseman were drafted ahead of him in the 2020 draft.
Couldn't be any worse than anything we have now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bacon this is for you: Todays mock draft from the Athletic:

7. Philadelphia Flyers (Pick by Corey Pronman): David Reinbacher, RHD, Kloten
I’m thrilled to get the best defenseman in the draft in Reinbacher to couple with a premium center prospect in Cutter Gauthier. Those are two big, competitive, skilled players who can play at an NHL pace. This is not a no-brainer at No. 7 but I’m taking him and feeling very good about getting both the best player available and filling a premium position with someone whose gotten it done versus pros this season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do we keep DeAngelo?

Does he go over the summer or do we wait until the deadline?

What are the benefits or ramifications of both?

I think if he and Torts can coexist to the deadline, that's the play. Shelter him at 5on5 and give him PP1 and hope he can bounce back some offensively. If he does, eat 50% at the deadline and we might be able to get a decent pick or prospect back for him.

If he's going to mess up the room because he/Torts can't figure it out, might as well move him now to whoever will take him without sweeteners.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he and Torts can coexist to the deadline, that's the play. Shelter him at 5on5 and give him PP1 and hope he can bounce back some offensively. If he does, eat 50% at the deadline and we might be able to get a decent pick or prospect back for him.

If he's going to mess up the room because he/Torts can't figure it out, might as well move him now to whoever will take him without sweeteners.
I agree with this but i dont think he needs to bounce back offensively as he had a solid offensive season. He needs to play a more defensive style that Torts likes while still putting up his offensive stats. That would be ideal and make him very valuable at the deadline if he can make it there.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this but i dont think he needs to bounce back offensively as he had a solid offensive season. He needs to play a more defensive style that Torts likes while still putting up his offensive stats. That would be ideal and make him very valuable at the deadline if he can make it there.

You're right. Would be great if he could get more defense in his game and keep the offense where it is. I just don't think he will add the defense haha. He doesn't seem to care one bit about getting better in that regard.

So i'm just hoping for more offense. But I'm also not sure he gets enough playing time to do that with Torts demanding his defense improve. Which is why if I were to put money on it, I'd bet he moves before the season starts.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Seems like he could be a pretty good depth guy. I think Meltzer said he paired with Andrae a good bit too in SWE or for SWE. Could be a duo to watch for.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Would be great if he could get more defense in his game and keep the offense where it is. I just don't think he will add the defense haha. He doesn't seem to care one bit about getting better in that regard.

So i'm just hoping for more offense. But I'm also not sure he gets enough playing time to do that with Torts demanding his defense improve. Which is why if I were to put money on it, I'd bet he moves before the season starts.
If he goes before the season starts (which id prefer) we clear cap space and then Attard/Zamula will get much needed NHL experience.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the biggest fuck-ups by Fletcher as a GM in Philly was signing Hayes to that 7 year, $50 million contract which also now includes a modified no-trade clause.

Fortunately, Kevin Hayes did have a career year, but he can still submit a list of 12 teams that he cannot be traded to, which could really throw a wrench into our situation.

But yeah, we're currently paying $7.142 million against the cap per season for a guy who averages the production of a really good 3rd line center. He also has three damn entire years left on the contract. Would be nice if that were a year or two less.

Also, Travis Sanheim's deal is for 8 years and $50 million. He has a full no-trade clause for 4 whole seasons and then it drops to the same clause Hayes currently has.

Basically, if Sanheim doesn't live up that that contract, we're stuck with him anyway for 4 seasons and at that point, who the fuck is going to take him off our hands if he's underwhelming?

Last edited:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the biggest fuck-ups by Fletcher as a GM in Philly was signing Hayes to that 7 year, $50 million contract which also now includes a modified no-trade clause.

Fortunately, Kevin Hayes did have a career year, but he can still submit a list of 12 teams that he cannot be traded to, which could really throw a wrench into our situation.

But yeah, we're currently paying $7.142 million against the cap per season for a guy who averages the production of a really good 3rd line center. He also has three damn entire years left on the contract. Would be nice if that were a year or two less.

Also, Travis Sanheim's deal is for 8 years and $50 million. He has a full no-trade clause for 4 whole seasons and then it drops to the same clause Hayes currently has.

Basically, if Sanheim doesn't live up that that contract, we're stuck with him anyway for 4 seasons and at that point, who the fuck is going to take him off our hands if he's underwhelming?
In other words, CF fucked us for a few more years. I can't imagine he will find work anytime soon unless in a booth on tv.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im narrowed down to hoping for:

Benson/Reinbacher/Leonard at #7
Heidt/Moore at #22 (doubt Moore falls quite that far)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can’t decide how plugged in this DiMarco guy is but that’s pretty promising on a potential Laughton return.