• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I must be a curse for this organization. I bought both Hart's and Provorov's rookie cards along with a Hoody and just like that one of the two have been traded. I'm done!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I must be a curse for this organization. I bought both Hart's and Provorov's rookie cards along with a Hoody and just like that one of the two have been traded. I'm done!
To trade a cornerstone piece of your future is not a way to rebuild. So far not liking Brieres approach. Even if you ended up with someone like Drisitl(sp) it's not a good trade.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To trade a cornerstone piece of your future is not a way to rebuild. So far not liking Brieres approach. Even if you ended up with someone like Drisitl(sp) it's not a good trade.
Honestly, I think Briere is in a no win situation due to CF fucking this organization badly. Briere is trying to fix this disaster sooner rather than later imo. In doing so, us fans are probably not going to like what's to come in possible trades ( Hart, TK possibly) because they are the only value we have to get anything worth to build on. Again, CF screwed this up big time.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think Briere is in a no win situation due to CF fucking this organization badly. Briere is trying to fix this disaster sooner rather than later imo. In doing so, us fans are probably not going to like what's to come in possible trades ( Hart, TK possibly) because they are the only value we have to get anything worth to build on. Again, CF screwed this up big time.
I agree totally, I just don't see getting rid of a stud goalie, they are hard to come by. I think if Coots comes back healthy and Atkinson gets healthy, I think that will help a lot to. I feel we need defensive help the most and I don't see anyone in Edmonton worth that trade bes.des Drisitl or McDavid. We know Conner isn't going anywhere. Your right though, CF didn't do anyone any favors. Just hope Brieres takes it slow

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with trading Provy, but Carter Hart? Fuck me, this kid is only 24 years old and will still be a RFA after next season. If we really do move our best players, we better be getting an absolute haul in return for them.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wouldn't trade for a win-now player like Draisaitl, so I'm not worried about that. He's a high dollar player that could walk after two more seasons and then he'll be 29 anyway. We're definitely looking for picks or much younger players that are still under team control for awhile.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't keep bobrovsky. Why keep hart? :frusty:

Honestly these last ten years have been sickening.
I am definitely pretty tired of watching us give up early on players or trade them away only to see them later win Cups or make Cup runs with other teams.

Williams
Sharp
Seidenberg
Maroon
Richards
Carter
Schenn (actually, both Luke and Brayden)
PEB
NAK

Look at Florida this postseason with Cousins, Gudas and Bob (to a lesser extent, Alex Lyon too) all on their squad.

And that's just in the last 13 years. I could've kept going.

Sure, we want our players to succeed and win Cups, but it needs to start happening on OUR fucking team.

Last edited:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Provorov trade as a first move.

It's possible that Briere is acquiring assets that can then be used to trade players like Hayes.

I honestly do not see this team in contention for at least a few years, so Hart's value may never get higher, especially if the team is lousy the next two years tanking for better draft picks.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way DB trades Hart is to include either Hayes, Risto or maybe Farabee and to get back multiple high picks. That being said, I don't see it happening.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda 50/50 on moving Hart. I think the Flyers are 3+ years away from doing any damage. So I think it's all dependent on what kind of contract he ends up with.

Some comparable starter goalies..
Vasilevskiy - 8x9.5 (2019)
Bobrovsky - 7x10 (2019)
Gibson - 8x6.4 (2018)
Grubauer - 6x5.9 (2021)

I assume Hart will be more in that category and less in the Ullmark, Merzlikins category of less proven. Or in the Kuemper, Andersen, Markstrom category of older goalies.

But either way, you have to assume Briere will have talked to Hart and his agent to see what kind of deal he's expecting and that would drive the path they go down. Obviously the Panthers have made it work with a 10M goalie. The Lightning have won with 9.5M goalie. Knights making it work with goalie-by-committee. Canes essentially did also. Stars have Oettinger on a similar deal to Hart's current one.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CF was in an impossible situation when he took over for Hextall who literally ruined the organization for 5 years or more.

I dont believe he is looking to trade Hart unless he gets blown away with an offer he cant refuse.

TK is a possibility i think as he will be looking for a big contract in a few years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree totally, I just don't see getting rid of a stud goalie, they are hard to come by. I think if Coots comes back healthy and Atkinson gets healthy, I think that will help a lot to. I feel we need defensive help the most and I don't see anyone in Edmonton worth that trade bes.des Drisitl or McDavid. We know Conner isn't going anywhere. Your right though, CF didn't do anyone any favors. Just hope Brieres takes it slow
If Couts comes back healthy he would have excellent value and will be at least 32 by the time we will be at least in playoff contention. Maybe he gets traded this season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda 50/50 on moving Hart. I think the Flyers are 3+ years away from doing any damage. So I think it's all dependent on what kind of contract he ends up with.

Some comparable starter goalies..
Vasilevskiy - 8x9.5 (2019)
Bobrovsky - 7x10 (2019)
Gibson - 8x6.4 (2018)
Grubauer - 6x5.9 (2021)

I assume Hart will be more in that category and less in the Ullmark, Merzlikins category of less proven. Or in the Kuemper, Andersen, Markstrom category of older goalies.

But either way, you have to assume Briere will have talked to Hart and his agent to see what kind of deal he's expecting and that would drive the path they go down. Obviously the Panthers have made it work with a 10M goalie. The Lightning have won with 9.5M goalie. Knights making it work with goalie-by-committee. Canes essentially did also. Stars have Oettinger on a similar deal to Hart's current one.
Yes, that's massive. If Hart wants Bob money for his next deal, he can go ahead and leave town. If he will be happy with a contract like that of Gibson or Grubauer, why not just keep him? He's only 24 years old. Unless we don't think he's a franchise goalie, you keep him and build a strong defense in front of him asap.

Then the question is, can Sanheim be a part of that defense or do we just have Cam York to start with? We're obviously very thin now defensively.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's massive. If Hart wants Bob money for his next deal, he can go ahead and leave town. If he will be happy with a contract like that of Gibson or Grubauer, why not just keep him? He's only 24 years old. Unless we don't think he's a franchise goalie, you keep him and build a strong defense in front of him asap.

Then the question is, can Sanheim be a part of that defense or do we just have Cam York to start with? We're obviously very thin now defensively.

Certainly an interesting question. If we think he's a franchise goalie he probably argues that he's worth Vasilevsky/Bob money. I would love to see him on like a 3 year 7M deal. Hedge the risk a little bit. He still gets paid. He's 28ish when that contract his up and can get a 2nd big contract if he plays well. Just goes against the way most 'star' level players are getting signed these days.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way DB trades Hart is to include either Hayes, Risto or maybe Farabee and to get back multiple high picks. That being said, I don't see it happening.

I'd rather see them maximize the return on Hart than to use his value to get rid of bad contracts. They're going to be bad for a few seasons, might as well swallow those bad contracts for a couple years. They'll get easier to move as time goes on and the amount left is less. Eat it for 3 years and then Risto is just 1 year left, you can retain salary and he's pretty easily moved at that point. Plus he did make legitimate progress this year, maybe he does next year too and gets to be even more attractive. Same for Hayes. I wouldn't add anything to move him. Worst case scenario you eat it for 3 years while the team is rebuilding anyway. But if you can retain some and get even a decent asset for him, then I'd make the move.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly an interesting question. If we think he's a franchise goalie he probably argues that he's worth Vasilevsky/Bob money. I would love to see him on like a 3 year 7M deal. Hedge the risk a little bit. He still gets paid. He's 28ish when that contract his up and can get a 2nd big contract if he plays well. Just goes against the way most 'star' level players are getting signed these days.
Not sure how eager Hart will be to take 3 year 7 million contract when all he has to do is look over at Cal Petersen making 5 million per who played 40 games in the AHL last year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how eager Hart will be to take 3 year 7 million contract when all he has to do is look over at Cal Petersen making 5 million per who played 40 games in the AHL last year.

Ya, exactly. I think it'll be tricky to get Hart on the 'right' contract for the Flyers. There's probably multiple teams out there willing to give him a big ole 8 year deal. Plus it's pretty unlikely he signs a team friendly deal to stay on a rebuilding team.

But again. Hopefully Danny has had these conversations with him and knows what the expectations are so he can make an informed decision on whether to move him or not. And if the result is moving him, hopefully he gets a haul and hopefully Ersson is the real deal. If he stays, hopefully the Flyers put together a good team around him and they can contend for cups.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so hysterical that almost every article and a lot of headlines about Provorovs trade has to point out he didnt want to participate in pride night.

Example of a headliner i just saw:

Flyers trade Pride-night boycott defenseman Provorov in 3-team deal​

The man has his beliefs and you cant force him to abandon them just because you have different beliefs plain and simple. Headlines like this are not helping him change his mind. Liberal media sucks!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so hysterical that almost every article and a lot of headlines about Provorovs trade has to point out he didnt want to participate in pride night.

Example of a headliner i just saw:

Flyers trade Pride-night boycott defenseman Provorov in 3-team deal​

The man has his beliefs and you cant force him to abandon them just because you have different beliefs plain and simple. Headlines like this are not helping him change his mind. Liberal media sucks!!
Yep, they'll keep trying to shove the freak shit down everybody's throat no matter what.