• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smolinski tied it up with a double.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renaudo had a good outing. 6 innings and 2 runs with 3 strikeouts, no walks and 5 hits.

Yes he did. Still not sure what to think of him yet. Will be interesting to see how he does in the minors if starting is where they have him slotted.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw the Rangers lost in the last inning. 7-6....have no clue what went on, or too whom.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me, or should Feliz have been brought in to close that one out? Not a hindsight question as much as a "doesn't Feliz need to work on a few things?" curiosity.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me, or should Feliz have been brought in to close that one out? Not a hindsight question as much as a "doesn't Feliz need to work on a few things?" curiosity.

Makes sense to me. A guy named Mike Canha hit a 3-run HR in the bottom of the 9th off of Klein. Klein was working his 2nd inning. That was Canha's 4th HR this spring.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulling for your team tonight Romeo.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulling for your team tonight Romeo.

Thanks. They'll need all the support they can get. They can definitely beat Sparty if they just play a complete game. Unfortunately, they're very prone to playing with their heads inserted into their rectums for 10-12 minutes a game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. They'll need all the support they can get. They can definitely beat Sparty if they just play a complete game. Unfortunately, they're very prone to playing with their heads inserted into their rectums for 10-12 minutes a game.

Then it's a very good thing the Sooners really are the superior team.

But sweet Jesus, I wouldn't want to ever, ever coach against Tom Izzo; especially when it's nut-cutting-time.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it's a very good thing the Sooners really are the superior team.

But sweet Jesus, I wouldn't want to ever, ever coach against Tom Izzo; especially when it's nut-cutting-time.

Fortunately, Lon Kruger is a pretty damn good coach himself. Hopefully good enough to outwit Izzo.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too excited about using up a roster spot for DeShields but can understand their reasoning.

What makes Delino DeShields unique enough to close in on a Texas Rangers roster spot | Dallas Morning News

Yeah I'm with ya all the way.

And really, at the end of the day, it may be worth a flyer and see how it all pans out. He's not costing us much, and frankly, he's not really depriving anyone who deserves to be in Arlington to start the season.

We can cut him on a moments notice and the only one who would know the difference is him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately, Lon Kruger is a pretty damn good coach himself. Hopefully good enough to outwit Izzo.

I'm cheering for ya! And let's hope it doesn't come down to "out-coaching" either one of these guys. :thumb:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm with ya all the way.

And really, at the end of the day, it may be worth a flyer and see how it all pans out. He's not costing us much, and frankly, he's not really depriving anyone who deserves to be in Arlington to start the season.

We can cut him on a moments notice and the only one who would know the difference is him.

If he's showing himself to be a liability by June, they can always cut him and bring up Hoying.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cheering for ya! And let's hope it doesn't come down to "out-coaching" either one of these guys. :thumb:

Buddy Hield needs to get it going. If he does, it opens everything up.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranaudo revives chances for spot in Rangers' rotation | texasrangers.com

"When all is said and done, we are going to have a really good fifth starter," Ranaudo said.

Ranaudo might still have a chance to be it. He certainly put in his best bid yet by holding the Athletics to two runs in six innings on Friday. He allowed five hits, did not walk a batter and struck out three.

"I thought Ranaudo threw the ball well," manager Jeff Banister said. "His fastball played up, his changeup was nice. His fastball was a little fresher after the first inning and the breaking ball was in play. He was efficient."

The next audition goes to Nick Tepesch. He starts on Sunday against the Dodgers in Glendale. Nick Martinez could get one more start on Tuesday when the Rangers have two split-squad games, although nothing has been determined beyond Tepesch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pitchers Ross Ohlendorf (tight right groin muscle) and Shawn Tolleson (tight right forearm) were examined by Dr. Keith Meister in Surprise on Friday, but the Rangers have not formulated a throwing program for either one. They are both candidates for the Opening Day bullpen, but can't afford any more setbacks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yovani Gallardo started in a Class A game for High Desert on Friday. Pitching against Lake Elsinore from the Padres' farm system, Gallardo pitched six scoreless innings, allowing one hit and striking out eight. He threw 80 pitches and another 10 in the bullpen afterwards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outfielder Shin-Soo Choo was at designated hitter on Friday while continuing his long-toss program. Choo, who has been dealing with tightness in his left triceps muscle, could be ready to return to right field in a day or two, but is in no rush.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he's showing himself to be a liability by June, they can always cut him and bring up Hoying.

The problem is he only gets to show if he is a liability if he is getting enough PT to lose games.

I remain of the opinion that very few Rule 5 acquisitions are worth taking the flyer on ... or the club they were with who knows them best would have protected them to begin with. On my club a Rule 5 contender has to light up every meeting, every public showcase, every pitch, every AB, every outfield drill, every base running drill, every bunt drill, every 'clean up the dugout' event.

Rule 5 doesn't try to steal 3rd with Beltre at bat. On my team on that play alone ... if had been safe he would have been pulled and pinch run for right then. If he was out (like DeShields was) ... then he doesn't need to stop in the dugout he can go right to the locker room and clean out his locker and call a cab.

If he's on the 25-man ... he has to the end of April to earn a shot of staying until the end of May.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is he only gets to show if he is a liability if he is getting enough PT to lose games.

I remain of the opinion that very few Rule 5 acquisitions are worth taking the flyer on ... or the club they were with who knows them best would have protected them to begin with. On my club a Rule 5 contender has to light up every meeting, every public showcase, every pitch, every AB, every outfield drill, every base running drill, every bunt drill, every 'clean up the dugout' event.

Rule 5 doesn't try to steal 3rd with Beltre at bat. On my team on that play alone ... if had been safe he would have been pulled and pinch run for right then. If he was out (like DeShields was) ... then he doesn't need to stop in the dugout he can go right to the locker room and clean out his locker and call a cab.

If he's on the 25-man ... he has to the end of April to earn a shot of staying until the end of May.

My statement had more to do with maintaining another year of control of Hoying.